7424 16 2020-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MAIAFPV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27792 ft
Brazil

Hi All,

How to know betaflight warnings like ARMING STATUS FLAGS, GPS RESCUE N/A, LOW BATTERY, LAND NOW, RX LOSS, etc?

DJI have plans to implement custom OSD element WARNINGS?

With GPS Support, many messages are important, SANITY CHECKS on arming, or GPS RESCUE N/A in middle of flight.

Thank you!
2020-5-13
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

Yes, we all already told this to DJI. Warnings in OSD are too important not to be there. DJI, to be honest, should've added them since the beginning.
We hope this will be added in the next firmware release.
2020-5-13
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

You can plug into your computer via usb, go to the betaflight CLI, and type "STATUS".

This will display your warning messages(if any).

Joshua Bardwell does an entire series explaining each one.
2020-5-15
Use props
MAIAFPV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27792 ft
Brazil

mc54 Posted at 5-15 09:07
You can plug into your computer via usb, go to the betaflight CLI, and type "STATUS".

This will display your warning messages(if any).

Man, I need to know in the middle of flight. When my quad is kilometers away from me or any computer.

https://youtu.be/jhfeMgEut2A
2020-5-15
Use props
Chris Masih-Das
lvl.1

United States

Without Warnings on Betaflight OSD, any quad, especially long range quads, is crazy.  I literally just had a failsafe running crossfire on a new setup and couldn't tell if I had a micro failsafe or a full on failsafe, especially with video breaking up slightly.

This needed to be implemented from the very beginning.

DJI PLEASE FIX!
2020-10-10
Use props
Sendorm
lvl.3

Turkey

I had a micro crash today. The battery run out mid flight and I had an emergency landing on grass. The “battery low” and “land now” warnings are crucial and shouldn’t be omitted. Please add these on the next update. Thanks
2020-10-18
Use props
jseaber
New

United States

Is there any update on this, or way to direct requests to DJI?

Betaflight developers have an interesting plan:
https://github.com/betaflight/betaflight/pull/10229#issuecomment-703263006
2020-10-23
Use props
Quickred.fpv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 313123 ft
Germany

I need this feature! Just had a skyfall without seeing a low battery warning. Cost me a damaged lipo
2020-11-2
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 915233 ft
Croatia

EmuFlight has an option to show warnings in "craft name" or whatever that osd element is called, just flash it, it's better anyway
2020-11-2
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sendorm Posted at 10-18 10:15
I had a micro crash today. The battery run out mid flight and I had an emergency landing on grass. The “battery low” and “land now” warnings are crucial and shouldn’t be omitted. Please add these on the next update. Thanks

Pilots responsibility to watch the OSD for low battery warnings, know where they are relative to home and what it takes for flew back.  All those things are in the OSD and can be activated and put right in front for anyone to see.
2020-11-8
Use props
Sendorm
lvl.3

Turkey

geoffz Posted at 11-8 20:49
Pilots responsibility to watch the OSD for low battery warnings, know where they are relative to home and what it takes for flew back.  All those things are in the OSD and can be activated and put right in front for anyone to see.

How can it be somebody elses responsibility? The warnings are there for a reason. I normally get 7-8 minutes of flight time. This time it was 4 minutes. Something was clearly wrong and I should have been warned. Betaflight does this. So should dji. It is safer to have warnings.
2020-11-8
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

geoffz Posted at 11-8 20:49

Agree, that's pilot's responsibility. We must always take care of battery voltage and don't simply rely on warnings.
2020-11-8
Use props
Sendorm
lvl.3

Turkey

It’s the drivers responsibility to look at the fuel level of his car and to plan his trip according to the left fuel level. But cars “do” still have low fuel warnings. Your arguments don’t make sense. Nobody is telling otherwise, it’s solely the pilot’s responsibility. But having warnings is better and safer.
2020-11-9
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sendorm Posted at 11-9 02:31
It’s the drivers responsibility to look at the fuel level of his car and to plan his trip according to the left fuel level. But cars “do” still have low fuel warnings. Your arguments don’t make sense. Nobody is telling otherwise, it’s solely the pilot’s responsibility. But having warnings is better and safer.

The pilot can see ALL the relevant levels/distance/signal strength in the OSD!  So what's the problem? Make some decision/take responsibility and don't depend on the nanny state.
2020-11-10
Use props
Sendorm
lvl.3

Turkey

Having warnings do not mean not taking responsibility. Having seat belts on cars do not mean you can crash into anything you like. They are there to protect you. You still don’t make any sense. Sorry.
2020-11-10
Use props
djiuser_Hri8DdPA22dl
New

United States

Battery level doesn't tell me why my drone won't arm. There are many uses for the warning OSD indicator.
2021-4-5
Use props
djiuser_Z4NA3LtHNQNZ
New

Germany

geoffz Posted at 2020-11-10 21:49
The pilot can see ALL the relevant levels/distance/signal strength in the OSD!  So what's the problem? Make some decision/take responsibility and don't depend on the nanny state.

First of all, you are wrong.

Not all the relevant information is displayed in the OSD.

Do you even fly freestyle/race fpv?

Second of all your argument makes no sense at all, from an aviation point of view. Like none. You would be that dude arguing against heads up displays, because there is an altimeter somewhere down on the left, so no need for having that information in your field of view.... Thats insane.

Unfortunately pilots dont work that way. The more fast paced you are flying, the less time you have to constantly check all the parameters. Thats why I asked you if you even fly that way, because you would know how great it is to have pop up warnings otherwise.
2021-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules