KML exceeds DSM range. Select new KML
2131 4 2020-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
guillermomeiner
lvl.4

Argentina

Hi everyone, i think i've found a bug on DJI GS RTK V 02.02.0403 in Terrain Awarness Mode and  its “KML exceeds DSM range. Select new KML“ message

If you are using Global Mapper to download a DSM, try not clip it in a perfect rectangle (with straight horizontal a vertical cut lines)…. Keep in mind that this is the default in GM (Current Screen Bounds)

1.png
What you should do is open in GM another KML with some rotated or more than 4 vertices polygon, select it, and then check in “download within currently selected Polygon”

2.png

So you will get this:

3.png

And that DSM tiff should work fine, DON’T ASK ME WHY, I’ll leave that answer to our dearest tech support

2020-5-13
Use props
CCAM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3543 ft
United States

I have indeed tested this and it works! Great work Guillermomeiner! I hope this gets addressed with the next firmware update. Hopefully in future updates, DJI can just implement auto-DSM downloads into the application, so the user does not have to fiddle with exporting and importing DSM's. I have linked this to the DJI tech support team who are looking into this issue.

Thanks again!
2020-5-14
Use props
guillermomeiner
lvl.4

Argentina

Glad to hear that, thank you too for sending me your data
2020-5-14
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Good find !! Congrats
2020-5-14
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great workaround & good sleuthing guillermomeiner!

Makes absolutely no sense at all, since ALL raster DEMS are rectilinear arrays of pixels (rows x cols). Cropping to a skewed or rotated polygon does not change this; the only thing it does is make it so the corner pixels are null or "No Data".

It looks like DJI's coverage check method barfs when it sees corner pixels that have data values...
2020-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules