DJI Fly and OnePlus 8
11340 23 2020-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mjordan79
lvl.1
Italy

Hello guys,
is someone using the DJI Fly app on a Oneplus 8 (non pro)?
Is it working well?

I'm asking because I'm in need to buy a new phone right now, and I would like to buy this one.
The phone will be used with a Mavic Air 2 in the near future.

Thank you!

2020-5-14
Use props
bkSpecto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7312556 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I have the same question as well, but for the OnePlus 8 Pro. I will soon find out anyway, since it's already ordered the OP8 pro, and I already got the MA2
2020-6-12
Use props
mjordan79
lvl.1
Italy

bkSpecto Posted at 6-12 01:46
I have the same question as well, but for the OnePlus 8 Pro. I will soon find out anyway, since it's already ordered the OP8 pro, and I already got the MA2

Any news? How your Mavic Air 2 is working along with your Oneplus 8 Pro?
2020-7-31
Use props
DJ-MA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 127713 ft
Netherlands

So far, no issues with mavic air on oneplus nord, my bet is the 8 will work. It is a bit large/wide for the controller though.edit: the original air still works with the go app, that's what I've tried ... hope it translates to the fly app
2020-8-6
Use props
bkSpecto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Sweden

mjordan79 Posted at 7-31 04:20
Any news? How your Mavic Air 2 is working along with your Oneplus 8 Pro?

It works fine, except for that the record button on the RC sometimes won't work, then just press on screen
2020-8-14
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

bkSpecto Posted at 8-14 11:02
It works fine, except for that the record button on the RC sometimes won't work, then just press on screen

OP8 pro, nice!
Can you please check on the cache "situation"  with the OP8?
I do have a 7T and it is not caching (the wanted) 16 or 8 GB of streamed video.
Also "automatic" is not changing the behavior.

It looks more like there is either a 2GB limit for video files or a "max 9 cached video files", if less then 2GB all together.

Aside this, the App works very well with the 7T, so i try to find out if that is a app design thing or a phone incompatibity!
Thanks
2020-8-14
Use props
bkSpecto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Sweden

Cache for video is no problem, I've set it to 16Gb. Charging as normal. I'm using the op8 pro
2020-8-15
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

bkSpecto Posted at 8-15 05:14
Cache for video is no problem, I've set it to 16Gb. Charging as normal. I'm using the op8 pro

that means you get up to 16GB of cached videofiles, and more as 9 files in your gallery?
I can set it to 16GB, too, it is just not doing what it is supposed to do
2020-8-15
Use props
djiuser_YtJd4boFU3SS
New
Italy

Hello,
i have mavic mini.
I want to buy OP Nord or Pocophone X3 'cause my Samsung s6 is dead.
Do you know if one of these works perfectly?
2020-9-30
Use props
djiuser_bupdbsxF3fNo
New

Netherlands

Since latest update the fly app is not working anymore on my Oneplus 8 pro... Thought I do a fresh install. Refused to install....
2020-10-15
Use props
mjordan79
lvl.1
Italy

djiuser_bupdbsxF3fNo Posted at 10-15 01:55
Since latest update the fly app is not working anymore on my Oneplus 8 pro... Thought I do a fresh install. Refused to install....

Same here, seems like some apps are experiencing issues in updating after the major OxygenOS 11 update. Specifically, I'm experiencing issues with Oneplus Gallery, DJI Fly and DJI Mimo.
2020-10-27
Use props
djiuser_ushel5zUP6d1
New

United States

djiuser_bupdbsxF3fNo Posted at 10-15 01:55

Same problem and I'm angry. I have a $500 drone I can't use.
2020-11-8
Use props
djiuser_VXMirI4BwNy4
lvl.1

Czechia

djiuser_ushel5zUP6d1 Posted at 11-8 12:58
Same problem and I'm angry. I have a $500 drone I can't use.

Last phone update fixed all the issues with installing big apps. You can also download the apk file directly from DJI page and install apk without the play store (which was the issue). It has always worked.
2020-11-15
Use props
djiuser_ilHXRHP87kiJ
New

United States

Thinking of buying a OnePlus 8 and just got the air2S. How is the screen brightness on the phone?

Thanks
2021-5-2
Use props
djiuser_qyEodIyzkHJ4
New

United States

bkSpecto Posted at 2020-8-14 11:02
It works fine, except for that the record button on the RC sometimes won't work, then just press on screen

Hey. Curious to know if your OnePlus 8Pro has the latest Oxygen OS and if the DJI Fly app is working well for you.
2021-5-5
Use props
ARDrone
New
Flight distance : 46391 ft
United States

Hey,

I was able to install the DJI Fly app on my OnePlus 8 device. But now the app has an update and I am not able to install it. It just says "App Not Installed". Any idea how to resolve this? I do not want to risk re-installing the app altogether!
2021-5-21
Use props
djiuser_Sr8U2cr4CMBt
New

India

bkSpecto Posted at 2020-6-12 01:46
I have the same question as well, but for the OnePlus 8 Pro. I will soon find out anyway, since it's already ordered the OP8 pro, and I already got the MA2

Hello there. Are u facing any issues with ur 8pro and dji app? Am not able to log in on fly app. Right bow am flying my drone without logging in. Am using Air 2S
2021-6-26
Use props
djiuser_Sr8U2cr4CMBt
New

India

Got my new Air 2S yesterday. I downloaded and installed the dji fly app from their website. I think the version is 1.4.2. Did the firmware update and all. But am not avle to log in to my dji account. 'Check your network connection' message pops up everytime i try do do so. Right now am flying my drone with height restrictions (coz am not logged in).  Contacted one plus.. Waiting for their reply. The funny thing is the app is working fine on ny wifes old one plus 6
2021-6-26
Use props
vaibhavagg12393
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46125 ft
United States

I have a Dji Mavic mini. I used to own a Google Pixel phone where all the videos would cache (los resolution videos) in my phone and high res videos in the memory card. Then, I got a new phone OnePlus 8 and the videos no longer get caches in my phone.
2021-7-7
Use props
djiuser_x1USmzNXozbW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1185135 ft
Poland

Any news in terms of oneplus 8 pro working with dji fly app? Does anyone using this phone? Or it is unusable?
2022-1-30
Use props
fans1da9ffd1
lvl.1

Greece

I never imagined that my OnePlus 8T would not be compatible with the DJI drones... I just sold my fpv drone in order to get a Mini 2, and now I'm thinking of not spending a dime on DJI since they believe that only a few handful of phones should be compatible with their drones. This sounds like a great recipe to drive people away from your products DJI...
Can anyone please provide more information if you can fly a Mini 2 or Mavic Air 2 or 2s with a OnePlus 8T? Do most of the functions work? Can I at least fly my drone and record video and take photos, without crashing every time?
2022-1-31
Use props
djiuser_uHjpH4sf0p1x
New

United Kingdom

Just took my DJI Mini 2 out for local flight - first time since end of last Summer when it worked perfectly with my OnePlus 8 Pro, but as soon as I started up the App and connected the RC I received the "RC not connected to mobile device" message within the app.  Drone and RC are communicating OK.

I reinstalled the  DJI Fly app, restarted everything, tried a new cable etc, only to read on the DJI site that the 8 Pro (and 8) have been dropped off the compatibility list.  So I have a £500 drone that I can't fly, unless I upgrade my phone (which isn't due an upgrade until August 2022!).  Thanks DJI.
2022-2-26
Use props
djiuser_kABSdM5rMdvN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116089 ft
Japan

Hello,

I have a Oneplus 8pro and I just bought the mini 2. In the begin didn't work but I found a setting to change and after it's working.
Setting - developer mode - and disable USB debugging mode.
Looks working.
(I'm sorry about my horrible English level)
2022-4-23
Use props
Magnusou812
New

United States

djiuser_x1USmzNXozbW Posted at 1-30 12:43
Any news in terms of oneplus 8 pro working with dji fly app? Does anyone using this phone? Or it is unusable?

I have been using the Fly app and a oneplus 8pro for a while and it has recently stopped working. The app opens up and then crashes....uninstall and reinstall results in the same thing.
2022-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules