12Next >
7432 41 2020-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Bitless
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1495538 ft
Sweden

Yes, the Mavic Mini is just a toy for men who have grown up, little old.
That's what the Swedish authorities classify it.
- Go fly toyboys, and take care of you, fly safely
Single SelectVote, Total 74 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

36.49% (27)
62.16% (46)
1.35% (1)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2020-5-14
Use props
zeb_
lvl.3
Germany

Where did you get this info please? This has implications at regulatory level (in the EU from 1st of July): if it is a C0 and a toy, then it does not need registration despite having a camera.
2020-5-14
Use props
Gregor Queck
First Officer
Flight distance : 1638366 ft
Germany

2020-5-14
Use props
The Bitless
Second Officer
Sweden

zeb_ Posted at 5-14 04:16
Where did you get this info please? This has implications at regulatory level (in the EU from 1st of July): if it is a C0 and a toy, then it does not need registration despite having a camera.

Soon the driver's license will be introduced for drones
1:25 min

My page

Published Sunday, May 10 at 9.40 am
From July 1st, drone driver licenses will be needed to fly drones. Exceptions are toy drones under 250 grams.
The hope is that the public will be able to feel safe.
"Many people feel offended by drones in the airspace," says Rémi Vesvre, a management strategist at the Swedish Transport Agency.

https://sverigesradio.se/sida/ar ... amp;artikel=7467668
2020-5-14
Use props
zeb_
lvl.3
Germany

Being a toy is not an opinion in the context of regulation in the EU. It depends on a specific directive, which is around 500 pages. Now nothing has yet been decided for the MM.
If it is C0 (under 250 g) and 'not a toy' then it will require registration because it has a camera, but there is no mention of a driver's licence or heavy exam for this category.
2020-5-14
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2020-5-14
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

m80116 Posted at 5-14 05:09
I wouldn't care less how authorities classify or legally name a drone unless it directly impacts the way I have to tackle the ownership.

Thus, I care for the MM being an ultra-light, I don't care if they classify it as a TOY.

...what these regulations are: pure BULL.... Once the dust will settle on the whole drone-camera world we'll continue enjoying our drones in peace...

I agree, let's hope it will end like you say!
2020-5-14
Use props
The Duck
lvl.4
United States

My opinion is that all drones that are not used for work are toys.   Expensive toys.  It's funny how some people and governments are so frightened by these innocuous gadgets.
2020-5-14
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

UK CAA have just modified MTOW to flight weight

2020-5-14
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11289 ft
Finland

The dildo is also an adult toy
2020-5-14
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

not a toy for me Depends on hands on iT IMO

2020-5-14
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

2020-5-14
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Finland

2020-5-14
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Can't vote because I don't know when a drone is a toy ... if it is small or if it is cheap or if it has no or only a 720p camera or if it is so safe that it can be flown by every little child ?
2020-5-14
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

2020-5-14
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

uSED LIKE AT tOY HERE  
I used to play in this park when I was a child, Nowadays, Enjoying as a child, the possibilities of this "Mini Machine" are incalculable

2020-5-14
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

IN 0:52 I was scaring the cats lol
2020-5-14
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Finland

2020-5-14
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

zeb_ Posted at 5-14 04:16

Can I change my vote?  Lets help those EU folks out.
2020-5-14
Use props
ichan.id
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54183 ft
Indonesia

Ralle Posted at 5-14 09:02
The dildo is also an adult toy

if you put camera on dildo, then you have to registered
btw, here in Indonesia, the only rule point tells about weight just :
Drone users must attach certificates and permits if used outside the interests of hobbies and recreation. Especially if you use drones more than 25 kg (55 lbs).
meanwhile the other regulations just about flight zone. no other classification about weight or camera.
2020-5-14
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

I did a mistake trying to correct a spelling error in my former post, here's a copy of post #6 which I probably overcorrected too many times

---
I wouldn't care less how authorities classify or legally name a drone unless it directly impacts the way I have to tackle the ownership.

Thus, I care for the MM being an ultra-light, I don't care if they classify it as a TOY.

The camera on the MM is surprisingly good for the price, it's flight capabilities are very respectable for what it is... the whole classification thing sheds a light into what these regulations really are: pure BULLCARP. Once the dust will settle on the whole drone-camera world we'll continue enjoying our drones in peace, much like regular cameras are no current object of debate.

Nowadays it is taken for granted what a camera should "take" and what not. Nobody freaks out if you're shoot something on the shelves at a supermarket, nobody expects you to lower your camera when they're just entering your framing. But there was a period about 20 years ago when the digital revolution for the masses begun that FUNDAMENTALISTs (I named you, chime in you two! ha! ) claimed that you couldn't even snap a picture of a public property, for example a bridge or a monument. And they were right... you CAN'T (at least in my country and I think most of EU as well) because the image of the construction or the monument is under legal law a right of the intellectual owner. Of course nobody is now enforcing that rule that's still in place, and people gathers by the flocks to snap pictures of the most famous monuments.

At the same time for a very long time the Flying Integralists Drone Association has been granted the right to fly four engined Boeing 747 replicas for as long as they wanted without much fuss. Projectiles that can reach insane speeds, hand made builds with hand made contraptions with no in-built safety what so ever, and now they're ranting and raginig about general people being allowed to fly drones with such an intrinsic level of safety built in. Meh... let them go, not gonna argue with them, it's a waste of time.
Let's just hope that when the dust would settle they haven't managed to screw it for everybody, because ofc being realistic it can go awfully wrong, we could enter a police state where everything is being legally required to be licensed, registered, copyrighted, enforced... I don't deny it, I am just trying not lay myself open to this kind of nonsense debate.
---
2020-5-14
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

Well... ahem... you made me   smile: the dildo.

Let's just think: how many cameras are out there ? how many are called toy camera? I guess none... children these days tend to get older versions of Dad's iPads. And even the cheapest camera it's still a camera., not a toy. It serves a function, even if it being for educational purposes only (in case of one specifically tailored to children).
To be even more provoking: what is an Harley-Davidson ? Is it motorcycle or is it a toy ? Because I don't see that one being used to deliver milk... nor as a convenient means of transport for moving from A to B without half of the neighborhood noticing you. I think we could end it here leave our answers suspended in the air.

2020-5-14
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Finland

ichan.id Posted at 5-14 11:36
if you put camera on dildo, then you have to registered  
btw, here in Indonesia, the only rule point tells about weight just :
Drone users must attach certificates and permits if used outside the interests of hobbies and recreation. Especially if you use drones more than 25 kg (55 lbs).

2020-5-14
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Austria

TDZHDTV Posted at 5-14 07:03
UK CAA have just modified MTOW to flight weight

[view_image]

I read somewhere else that the 250g is kinda different in each country.

Some define it as: MTOM = maximum take-off mass. And the Mini is capable of doing more than 250g (as it can take off with payload)

In Austria there also exists the 79joule rule if the drone crashes. And 250g over 30m would have on impact more than 79joule..

So I have to register mine anyway, when the EU regulation comes. The big question is, if we need then a license or not.. But this will depend on each country and how the handle the EU regulations.

Also the next thing: Is one flying license also valid in another EU country? (Also UK)?
2020-5-14
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

m80116 Posted at 5-14 11:53
I did a mistake try to correct a spelling error in my former post, here's a copy of post #6 which I probably overcorrected it too many times

---

claimed that you couldn't even snap a picture of a public property, for example a bridge or a monument. And they were right... you CAN'T (at least in my country and I think most of EU as well) because the image of the construction or the monument is under legal law a right of the intellectual owner
Taking photos of buildings Architectural works are protected by copyright to some degree, but in most countries you may photograph a building, if the building is located in a public place or is visible from a public place.  You may also publish and distribute the photo without permission
2020-5-14
Use props
andrei193
Second Officer
Flight distance : 240856 ft
Romania

Fingers crossed that it will be classified as a toy in Romania.
2020-5-14
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I wouldn't be surprised if they deem the mini not a toy. The only real toy part to the mini is it's weight really. For what it is it's pretty powerful. I had a Tello and to me a Tello is a toy.
2020-5-14
Use props
The Bitless
Second Officer
Sweden

JetSam Posted at 5-14 10:18

Is this what you are using the drone for? I hope the cat strikes back and you really need a driver's license.
2020-5-14
Use props
The Bitless
Second Officer
Sweden

You think it's OK to scare the cat. How many stupid trials this forum has become, do you hear this moderator's and responsible on the forum?
2020-5-14
Use props
The Bitless
Second Officer
Sweden

m80116 Posted at 5-14 05:09
**** The posts are shielded ****

What is this?
Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2020-5-14
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

It happens when you edit the post too many times: already happened to me twice. I usually write down at the speed of thought because of my impetus and then have a calm second look hoping not to have made too many mistakes.

Basically I try to catch answers while I am still at it, if I have to spend another 50% of the time after composing I know that I won't have enough time afterwards. Anyway... I don't know if it's my Windows 7 on this machine but I don't remember the spell checking working on my Win 10 laptop either... I think we're living in the Middle Ages of the Information Technology era: I was able to control everything including my PC from my phone 13 years ago and now nothing works anymore unless you're logged in, online, connected, authenticated, registered, "up to date"... it's sickening.
2020-5-14
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think of it as a toy. It makes me happy and it's not work, so............. what else could it be ;-)
2020-5-14
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

The Bitless Posted at 5-14 14:24
You think it's OK to scare the cat. How many stupid trials this forum has become, do you hear this moderator's and responsible on the forum?

the only one here saying nonsense are you .....   

it would never occur to me to harm an animal
2020-5-15
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

lol...good show bud
2020-5-15
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Mavic Mini is not a toy, because my son is using it in his real estate job ...
Mavic Mini is a toy, because my grandson is playing with it around the backyard ...
2020-5-15
Use props
The Bitless
Second Officer
Sweden

You even brag about it.
You can see clearly that the cat does not like it!
and you still push the drone forward and the cat tries to get away with fear :-(
Who talks nonsense?
2020-5-15
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

The Bitless Posted at 5-15 13:41
You even brag about it.
You can see clearly that the cat does not like it!
and you still push the drone forward and the cat tries to get away with fear :-(

you talk nonsense
2020-5-16
Use props
ichan.id
lvl.2
Indonesia

this is my drone, i'm not saying toy or not toy.. i'm satisified with my MM

2020-5-16
Use props
The Bitless
Second Officer
Sweden

ichan.id Posted at 5-16 16:50
this is my drone, i'm not saying toy or not toy.. i'm satisified with my MM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWW8sBZit3E

Great!
It's not me saying it's a toy, It's the swedish government talking bull****!
2020-5-16
Use props
ichan.id
lvl.2
Indonesia

The Bitless Posted at 5-16 17:36
Great!
It's not me saying it's a toy, It's the swedish government talking bull****!

then i welcome you to move here.. LOL
2020-5-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules