dji fly app with samsung tab a 10 inches
22555 38 2020-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PeterPan007
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Why I cant downlaod the DJI FLY app for mavic air 2 on my Samsung TAB A 10 inches which is not old ( I cant use my crystal sky)

Thanks
2020-5-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, PeterPan007. I apologize for the inconvenience caused. Currently, DJI FLY does not compatible with the Samsung Tab. The supported mobile phone devices are as follows:
2020-5-15
Use props
PeterPan007
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

It’s fine to apologize, I don’t know how many post you’re apologizing for ... A new drone with just samsung phones, no tablet, it doesn't make sense, Apple gives you more money and doesn't want you to do it a product that works for samsung tablets. I unfortunately bought the mavic air 2 while being sure that it would work with a recent tablet from samsung, or even with my crystal sky that I paid $ 1000 which does not work either, no logic in your manufacture, but unfortunately I have opened the box, but it is not activated, I hope to be able to return it. Another disappointed DJI client and this is my last DJI product.
2020-5-15
Use props
fansf52c0c58
New
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-15 02:09
Hi, PeterPan007. I apologize for the inconvenience caused. Currently, DJI FLY does not compatible with the Samsung Tab. The supported mobile phone devices are as follows:
[view_image]

Any word on when or IF Samsung tablets will be supported? I wish I had known by Tab A was not supported ahead of time, it just says Android 6+ in the requirements, nothing about specific devices.
2020-5-17
Use props
Mr. Motta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221906 ft
United States

2020-5-17
Use props
Silver31581
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2374357 ft
United States

I have been flying both my Mavic Mini and my Mavic Air 2 with a 10.5" Samsung S6 tablet.  It works great in both drones.  Samsung has just come out with the S6 Lite which is about $300 less.  The S6 Lite also uses a 64 bit operating system so it should be compatible with the DJI Fly app.
2020-5-17
Use props
PeterPan007
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Silver31581 Posted at 5-17 21:03
I have been flying both my Mavic Mini and my Mavic Air 2 with a 10.5" Samsung S6 tablet.  It works great in both drones.  Samsung has just come out with the S6 Lite which is about $300 less.  The S6 Lite also uses a 64 bit operating system so it should be compatible with the DJI Fly app.[view_image]

I didnt see on any review that the S6 lite is 64 bits , where did  you get that? I bought an ipad 10 inches but if its really 64 bits (samsung) and its working I will return my ipad  ...
2020-5-18
Use props
Silver31581
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2374357 ft
United States

PeterPan007 Posted at 5-18 06:13
I didnt see on any review that the S6 lite is 64 bits , where did  you get that? I bought an ipad 10 inches but if its really 64 bits (samsung) and its working I will return my ipad  ...

I found it on Phone Arenas website under Processor.  $349 total at B&H Photo.

https://www.phonearena.com/phone ... Tab-S6-Lite_id11393
2020-5-18
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I Bought this to try and it works brilliant, and good price,, £110 on Amazon UK. HUAWEI MediaPad T3 10 – 9.6 Inch Android 8.0 Tablet, HD IPS Display with Eye-Comfort Mode. been using it with MA2 for the last 4 days, no problems and Spot on for me.
2020-5-18
Use props
IrfanReza
New
Bangladesh

PeterPan007 Posted at 5-15 04:47
It’s fine to apologize, I don’t know how many post you’re apologizing for ... A new drone with just samsung phones, no tablet, it doesn't make sense, Apple gives you more money and doesn't want you to do it a product that works for samsung tablets. I unfortunately bought the mavic air 2 while being sure that it would work with a recent tablet from samsung, or even with my crystal sky that I paid $ 1000 which does not work either, no logic in your manufacture, but unfortunately I have opened the box, but it is not activated, I hope to be able to return it. Another disappointed DJI client and this is my last DJI product.

Hi Peter, just following your foot steps with the same issue
2020-7-17
Use props
IrfanReza
New
Bangladesh

fansf52c0c58 Posted at 5-17 14:20
Any word on when or IF Samsung tablets will be supported? I wish I had known by Tab A was not supported ahead of time, it just says Android 6+ in the requirements, nothing about specific devices.

I am also confused with the line "Android 6+ in the requirements"
2020-7-17
Use props
PeterPan007
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

i bought an apple tablet
2020-8-3
Use props
djiuser_g1j6NFxOwB86
New

United States

From my understanding the exynos chipset is not compatible. It needs to be the Snapdragon chipset. I picked up a tab s6 today and the DJI fly app works beautifully
2020-8-25
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Samsung Tab A (SM-T290) a will work for the Mini but you have to install via an apk file. It does not work for the MA2 though, too slow. And it has no magnetic sensor (no compass). Multiple reasons for not being approved.
2020-8-25
Use props
djiuser_g1j6NFxOwB86
New

United States

Samsung Galaxy tab s6 is working wonderfully
20200826_141922.jpg
2020-8-26
Use props
djiuser_WX6PxZCEI3TB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 499259 ft
United States

IrfanReza Posted at 7-17 03:40
Hi Peter, just following your foot steps with the same issue

Me too. just spent 200 bucks on a new Tab A and it doesn't work.  Ticks me off
2020-8-27
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

It never ceases to surprise me when people ignore the approved list of devices .... and then buy something else .... and then expect it to work anyway. I knew the two tablets I bought were not approved and took a chance anyway. One works and the other doesn't work well. That is all on me.
2020-8-27
Use props
SS Seether
New

United States

as of today 10-05-2020 The Tab A 8"  T-290 model is working for me on the mini. It does not appear on ggogle play it must be downloaded from DJi website
2020-10-5
Use props
FictitiousPerson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 8-27 19:11
It never ceases to surprise me when people ignore the approved list of devices .... and then buy something else .... and then expect it to work anyway. I knew the two tablets I bought were not approved and took a chance anyway. One works and the other doesn't work well. That is all on me.

Agree with this research before you buy then you won’t cry
2020-10-6
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SS Seether Posted at 10-5 13:24
as of today 10-05-2020 The Tab A 8"  T-290 model is working for me on the mini. It does not appear on ggogle play it must be downloaded from DJi website

I am pretty sure that you will find that model (SM-T290?) does not have the internal magnetic sensor that is used for the compass function. I have one and another user has one and neither of ours has that sensor. Download a compass app and see if it gives an error or just doesn't work.
2020-10-6
Use props
djiuser_DiIiPefjjzdN
New

United States

I just purchased a Mavic Mini and I want to know why the app is not compatible with Samsung Tab? This is very disappointing and needs to be fixed by dji in the very near future.  
2020-10-7
Use props
PeterPan007
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

djiuser_DiIiPefjjzdN Posted at 10-7 14:36
I just purchased a Mavic Mini and I want to know why the app is not compatible with Samsung Tab? This is very disappointing and needs to be fixed by dji in the very near future.

for sure they will do it for you kid
2020-10-7
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_DiIiPefjjzdN Posted at 10-7 14:36

Did you even read my post right above yours? How is DJI going to retrofit these tablets with the missing compass sensor? For the record, my Samsung Tab A works just fine with the Mini.....except for the faulty orientation display caused by Samsung leaving out the sensor. But it is just too slow to keep up with the MA2 data rates. Samsung does not make drone controllers, they make consumer phones and the like. Get used to being disappointed, it's a tough world, kid ;-)
2020-10-7
Use props
djiuser_tvALdyFT6UYL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43212 ft
United States

Silver31581 Posted at 5-17 21:03
I have been flying both my Mavic Mini and my Mavic Air 2 with a 10.5" Samsung S6 tablet.  It works great in both drones.  Samsung has just come out with the S6 Lite which is about $300 less.  The S6 Lite also uses a 64 bit operating system so it should be compatible with the DJI Fly app.[view_image]

Does RTH work? I am flyying with Tab A T290 8" but RTH does not work but about 10% of time and that is by manually setting.
2020-11-22
Use props
djiuser_tvALdyFT6UYL
lvl.1
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 8-25 20:12
The Samsung Tab A (SM-T290) a will work for the Mini but you have to install via an apk file. It does not work for the MA2 though, too slow. And it has no magnetic sensor (no compass). Multiple reasons for not being approved.

I can't get the RTH to work worth a crap on mine. Is yours working ok?
2020-11-22
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_tvALdyFT6UYL Posted at 11-22 09:33
I can't get the RTH to work worth a crap on mine. Is yours working ok?

Yes it is, not always precision but close enough. What are your results? What does not work right?
It really should not matter much which device is being used as long as the RTH can be manually initiated or inititated by a fault. The drone is doing RTH on it's own. It should work even if the device is turned off.

2020-11-22
Use props
djiuser_tvALdyFT6UYL
lvl.1
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 11-22 09:35
Yes it is, not precision like the MA2 but close enough. What are your results? What does not work right?
It really should not matter much which device is being used as long as the RTH can be manually initiated or inititated by a fault. The drone is doing RTH on it's own. It should work even if the device is turned off.

I can set RTH but whenever try to use it all that happens is wants to land where it is. Even if set manually it gas been wanting to fly at least 10 to 20 yards farther away but my only manual setting is from the menu and place on map.
2020-11-22
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_tvALdyFT6UYL Posted at 11-22 11:20
I can set RTH but whenever try to use it all that happens is wants to land where it is. Even if set manually it gas been wanting to fly at least 10 to 20 yards farther away but my only manual setting is from the menu and place on map.

Are you sure the home point was set before takeoff? I have been impatient waiting for the GPS to become usable a few times and the home point was set very far away.

Is the drone within 20 meters of the home point? The drone will land where it is if that is the case. Farther than 20 meters away and it will do the whole process. When I say manual, I just meant by pressing the RTH button. Automatic would be for loss of communication.

Are we talking about an MA2 or a Mini? If a Mini, then this is in the wrong forum section. Moving to the Mini section may get better reponses

2020-11-22
Use props
Devearl Leo
lvl.1
United States

FictitiousPerson Posted at 10-6 07:54
Agree with this  research before you buy then you won’t cry
SOME FOLKS INCLUDING ME OWNED OUR SAMSUNG TABS BEFORE WE BOUGHT OUR MAVIC AIR 2 DRONES AND DID NOT EXPECT THIS!! Don’t get it twisted!!
2020-12-27
Use props
pmpstyles
lvl.1
United States

Wow, there are a lot of dicks in the drone industry. a guy wonders why (his previous to MA2 )android 6+ device doesn't work and people bitch about not reading the requirements. so to all you dicks that got your Samsung S6 to work...it is not in the approved list, so how did you get it to work? oh, holier-than-thou, drone gods, please shed your light on us measly pagans, oh, how did you get an unapproved device to work. woah to us who can't buy all devices to find out which one works, off of the approved list of course.
2021-3-22
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

Samsung offers the current DJI Fly APP in the Samsung Store! Alternatively, you can also use the APP from the DJI website: https://www.dji.com/at/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
download.
The APP works perfectly with:

Model: Galaxy Tab S6 LTE (SM-T865)
Memory: 8GB RAM, 128GB Flash
CPU: 1 x 2.8 GHz + 3 x 2.4 GHz + 4 x 1.7 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 (SM8150)
Resolution: 2,560 x 1,600 pixels (WQXGA) - 10.5 inches
Android 11

Model: LG G7 ThinQ LM-G710EM
Memory: 4GB rAM, 64 GB Flash
CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 with Adreno 630
Resolution: 1440 x 3120 pixels - 6.1 inches
Android 10

Both devices are NOT included in the list of compatible devices from DJI ...
2021-3-24
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144649 ft
United States

This is the processor you need for the fly app to work correctly with android devices. It is called "Octa-core". Make sure the device you use, is using this processor. I fly with a samsung A51 model A516U. using this Octa-core processor. running Android 11. IT IS NOT on the list of devices that DJI pimps. It works flawlessly. Any tab using this processor with 64 bit structure, will do the job. These are my findings, others may have been able to get lesser devices to work. I have not.
2021-3-24
Use props
pmpstyles
lvl.1
United States

ok, so the A7 should work as well then? SM-T500NZAAXAR
2021-3-25
Use props
Theo1952
New

Netherlands

I have the Samsung Tab 10" and mine works fine, I only had an issue with the picture on the tablet but soved that problem
2021-3-28
Use props
MelC
lvl.3
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2020-5-15 02:09
[view_image]

I'm confused but happy.
I have a MA2 and I'm using a Samsung Galaxy TAB A, 8", SM-T290 Android version 10, purchased in 2019 and everything seems to be working fine. DJI Fly runs, connects to the Remote Controller and MA2 and does everything it's supposed to do , so far.
Mel
2021-3-29
Use props
djiuser_O2P5t25KOdhq
New

United States

Silver31581 Posted at 2020-5-17 21:03

Where did you get the app? I have the tab s6 not the lite version and it doesn't show up in the app store.
2021-6-23
Use props
RoadRunner9900
New

United States

Theo1952 Posted at 3-28 03:07
I have the Samsung Tab 10" and mine works fine, I only had an issue with the picture on the tablet but soved that problem

Theo,

I have a  10in TAB A, v 7.1.1.  Looking to buy a MA2.  You seem to be the only one on here that got the two to work together.   Still going strong?  Explain, again, how you did it please.
Anyone with my tablet have input?
Thanks.
2021-8-28
Use props
JB 9
lvl.2
United States

Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 10.4"  64GB with Wi-Fi + 64GB microSD  is on sale for $150 right now Will it work?
2021-11-24
Use props
djiuser_I21XtLIpVDhI
New

Puerto Rico

Use Litchi, is compatable and you can do videos, photos and missions, not the other good stuff but a list something. Litchi will work in your samsung tap A
2021-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules