shaky footage on Phantom 4 advanced.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mlipmanphoto
lvl.1

United States

WTF is wrong with my crapy drone? the footage is shaky on the ground, HOw do i fix this ? this is not even an year old but out of warrenty

2020-5-14
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Welcome mlipmanphoto , Can you post a pic or video showing the problem ?
2020-5-14
Use props
mlipmanphoto
lvl.1

United States

Ok here is the footage. But 10 minutes later at a different location it was perfect So I am vexed

https://youtu.be/tB0EhrU5U2Q
2020-5-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

mlipmanphoto Posted at 5-14 09:12
Ok here is the footage. But 10 minutes later at a different location it was perfect So I am vexed

https://youtu.be/tB0EhrU5U2Q

Try changing the props, it looks like they are out of balance.
2020-5-14
Use props
mlipmanphoto
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 5-14 13:52
Try changing the props, it looks like they are out of balance.

It shakes on the ground when I just test it out inside
2020-5-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

mlipmanphoto Posted at 5-14 14:19
It shakes on the ground when I just test it out inside

If you do not have the motors running at the time, then it is a poorly adjusted gimbal system. The only cure for that is to send it for repair.
2020-5-14
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

2020-5-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the trouble with the gimbal, please check whether there is debris in the gimbal vibration absorbing structure. Please hold the yaw-axis motor and gently move the structure forward, backward, left and right. Then, please calibrate the IMU first, and then the gimbal to see it is helps.
2020-5-18
Use props
herbicidal912hotmail.com
New
United States

Did you ever get a solid fix for it? I just got a phantom 4 pro v2 and it is doing it out of the box. I've done all the gimbal calibrations, imu calibrations, changed props, updated all my firmware, and changed around video settings with no avail. I'm desperate for a fix at this point and this is the closest post I've seen to my issue.
2020-5-23
Use props
fans5b9ffe35
lvl.1

United States

I tried to do a "auto calibrate " of the gimble and it failed to finish. So that was its death nell for the repair shop. These are not Nikons that can be dropped in the arctic and be fine They are friggin flying prototypes
So i wonder how much money it  will be to get fixed. I will certainly let you know on that .  This was around $1400 new about a year and half ago So now I have to look into getting a back up drone, I am thinking about the Mavic Pro . I read that the new little one gets blown away since it does not have the 44mph top speed. I shoot buildings and houses I do not use it that much maybe 2 times a month.  
2020-5-23
Use props
fans5b9ffe35
lvl.1

United States

I remember when everybody used Hasselblad cameras that were not really reliable so You had to bring  2 to every shoot since one would fail at a critical moment  
2020-5-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans5b9ffe35 Posted at 5-23 16:46
I remember when everybody used Hasselblad cameras that were not really reliable so You had to bring  2 to every shoot since one would fail at a critical moment

Did you even bother to change the props as I suggested?
2020-5-23
Use props
fans5b9ffe35
lvl.1

United States

I changed the props and it is still shaking. It really is more of a problem when there is wind and I assume the gamble is not doing its job adequately
2020-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules