Extending Record Time on Quickshots
4985 10 2020-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
breezeway95
lvl.3
Flight distance : 826854 ft
Canada

Is it possible to extend the recording time at the end of a Quickshot? Unless I'm missing a preference setting, the recording shuts down immediately at the end of the move. It would be useful to have the option to extend recording by 5 and 10 seconds.
In the video example below, the first three Quick Shots are cut (edited) before conclusion of the original recording. The Helix move cuts when the actual recording stops.

[color=var(--ytcp-black-primary)][color=var(--ytcp-link-color)]

2020-5-14
Use props
Zotya
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1510945 ft

Hungary

Nice test! Thanks for the sharing!
2020-5-14
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

What would you like to film in the 5-10 seconds after the quickshot ends? One possibility is to move the joystick a little bit immediately after the quickshot (98% 99% 100%) to cancel the return flight and then start a normal video recording. Or fly the quickshots manually ...then you have a lot more options, dronie 300 meters away or dronie reverse, rocket 100 meters up or down, circle with ascending and so on ... these are also very good exercises.
2020-5-14
Use props
breezeway95
lvl.3
Canada

jonny007 Posted at 5-14 10:58
What would you like to film in the 5-10 seconds after the quickshot ends? One possibility is to move the joystick a little bit immediately after the quickshot (98% 99% 100%) to cancel the return flight and then start a normal video recording. Or fly the quickshots manually ...then you have a lot more options, dronie 300 meters away or dronie reverse, rocket 100 meters up or down, circle with ascending and so on ... these are also very good exercises.

I'm a professional video editor. I like to have a few seconds at the end of a move to have editing options.
2020-5-14
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

jonny007 Posted at 5-14 10:58
What would you like to film in the 5-10 seconds after the quickshot ends? One possibility is to move the joystick a little bit immediately after the quickshot (98% 99% 100%) to cancel the return flight and then start a normal video recording. Or fly the quickshots manually ...then you have a lot more options, dronie 300 meters away or dronie reverse, rocket 100 meters up or down, circle with ascending and so on ... these are also very good exercises.

I would like to regulate speed of the quick shot.
2020-5-14
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done.
2020-5-14
Use props
breezeway95
lvl.3
Canada

Vlas Posted at 5-14 11:10
I would like to regulate speed of the quick shot.

I've yet to try however I assume adjusting between Cinematic, Position and Sport have no bearing on the speed of the Quick Shots?
2020-5-14
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

breezeway95 Posted at 5-14 12:06
I've yet to try however I assume adjusting between Cinematic, Position and Sport have no bearing on the speed of the Quick Shots?

I'be never noticed. Might be worth a try but doubt it.
2020-5-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have not tried quickshots.
I make them my own
2020-5-14
Use props
Rubberdino
New

Netherlands

Great question! I've got the same one for the same reasons. Did you get a workable answer yet? I'm still looking for one myself.
2021-2-9
Use props
djiuser_mCjo5kTbLsbf
New
Flight distance : 12270 ft

United States

This thread is old but I've had a similar feature request on my mind. It would be extremely useful to me if the circle quickshot could be set to last longer than just 15 seconds.

In my case, I'm wanting to record a music video with the circle quickshot (so several minutes of continuous recording to make editing and cutting possible), but I'm having to use a 3rd party app's orbit feature to do so, which is unfortunate because DJI's circle seems much smoother than the virtual stick implementations of 3rd party apps.
2022-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules