Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SteadyFly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey fellas,
So I've been using my standard (pro res) activation key for the X5s for a long while with no issues.
I have since upgraded to the X7 and am having some issues when using with Final Cut Pro X.  First off,  do I need the CInema DNG key now because
I sure as hell know that even when making my HDR/Wide Gamut adjustments FCPX won't recognize this as native (I've tied changing the properties).  As well, unlike with my X5s (and I know the file sizes are huge) the X7 is taking ages to import,trans etc..

Any workflow advice for Inspire 2/FCPX in PR RAW and do I need a new key?

Thanks!

I'm running on an MacBookPro 2019
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85)]2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85)]32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85)]Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB

2020-5-15
Use props
Tibopix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4582054 ft
Canada

Hello SteadyFly,

One thing for sure is FCPX will NOT natively import Cinema DNG files.
You'd have to use either Premiere or Da Vinci for this, then export in a format readable by FCPX (I've done it using ProRes 422 in the past = acceptable but not so great).
If I remember correctly, you do have to get the Cinema DNG license unlocked as well to access ProRes RAW format with X7.
I guess it's because it falls in the 'RAW' category alongside the Cinema DNG format vs. ProRes 422 HQ/4444 XQ are not RAW (although being great formats to edit with).

I have pretty much the same setup as you and I always use ProRes RAW, which works greatly with FCPX.
Those files are pretty hefty though, and you'd need a powerful Mac to import and work with them.
Maybe try to create proxies beforehand, if your computer is too slow to process them as is?
2020-5-16
Use props
SteadyFly
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tibopix Posted at 5-16 07:14
Hello SteadyFly,

One thing for sure is FCPX will NOT natively import Cinema DNG files.

Thank you for your reply.  So I figured out upon importing you have to change the dimensions  in "Custom" and bring it in as exactly shot,  which seems obvious.   However since FCPX usually just does it,  I figured it wouldn't do it natively.   SO even though it doesn't read it,  it will import natively which saves a tremendous amount of time with renders.
2020-5-17
Use props
Tibopix
Second Officer
Canada

Those are the adjustements you made to import 6K ProRes RAW footage?
When importing 6K RAW on my Mac, format is recognized right away and I don't need to change the custom settings.
I'm curious to know why it's different from my workflow.
Which FCPX version are you using? I have 10.4.6 on a 2017 iMac Pro.
2020-5-18
Use props
SteadyFly
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tibopix Posted at 5-18 05:08
Those are the adjustements you made to import 6K ProRes RAW footage?
When importing 6K RAW on my Mac, format is recognized right away and I don't need to change the custom settings.
I'm curious to know why it's different from my workflow.

Yes, 6016x3200 to be exact.  Saves an incredible amount of time with rendering
2020-5-18
Use props
Tibopix
Second Officer
Canada

Maybe your software is a little old, which explains why it's not recognized natively.
Which FCPX version do you have?
2020-5-18
Use props
SteadyFly
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So drag clip in to a new projet,  it will not give you any of the correct options, click on the left hand drop down menu (I think the default is 4k) scroll down to Custom and put in the proper dimension.  And obviously you want to change your project if a wide gamut if you are coloring
2020-5-18
Use props
SteadyFly
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tibopix Posted at 5-18 15:50
Maybe your software is a little old, which explains why it's not recognized natively.
Which FCPX version do you have?

It says its the latest version.  I had an editor friend look at it and he said the same thing--though it might be out of date.. Its not though.

I'm running a 2.3 ghz 8 core Intel Core intel i9 with 32GB of Ram (gonna need more I think) with Radeon Pro Vega 20 4gGB Itel UHD Graphics 630 1536MB
2020-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules