Exporting from LumaFusion - buggy artifacts in video
1427 5 2020-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NordicOsmoMan
lvl.2
Norway

I have a DJI Osmo Action and was going to edit some holiday footage from that camera on my Ipad Pro 2018 using the app LumaFusion.
Footage was in 4K, 2 fps, H.264., and playing the 15 minute project inside LumaFusion was fine.
The I Exported the project in both 4K, and 1080p, H.264, and then played in on my laptop.
I then could see strange artifacts in the video, almost like it had struggled to get all the data while exporting.

Quite dissapointing to see. I have some mention that its a problem with DJI footage on LumaFusion or IOS?

So I wonder if there are any DJI OSMO user here that also have seen this problem when exporting from LumaFusion?
It would be such a bummer to go back and edit my DJI OSMO Action footage on my laptop again.

Any tips, anyone?

I have attached a screenshot of the problem.

Capture3_1080p_H264 etter optimize og restart av Ipad.JPG
2020-5-15
Use props
Matman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 644669 ft
United States

No, I’m using the same setup as you and haven’t seen this before, maybe remove and reinstall LumaFusion? I export to 4K (same settings except I use h.265,  24fps) using extreme video quality.
2020-5-15
Use props
NordicOsmoMan
lvl.2
Norway

Matman Posted at 5-15 16:15
No, I’m using the same setup as you and haven’t seen this before, maybe remove and reinstall LumaFusion? I export to 4K (same settings except I use h.265,  24fps) using extreme video quality.

Ok, good it works for you. in what format do you record your clips in DJI Osmo Action? mp4 or MOV.

Ive heard other also having the same problem with editing DJI clips in LumaFusion or IOS.
Lumatech says its how IOS interpret the mp4 file, and one solution is to reconvert your mp4 file using a program called Handbrake with some specific settings, getting more I-frames or something into the clip.
So Apple might fix this problem in a future upgrade to IOS, but who knows when that will happen.

I started with exporting the film from LumaFusion using the H265 format, so that did not work for me. I have optimized and consolidated the footage and restarted the ipad to no avail. Havent tried installing and reinstalling LumaFusion, but since this is an IOS problem supposedly that might not work.
2020-5-16
Use props
Matman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 644669 ft
United States

.mov, maybe try switching?
2020-5-16
Use props
NordicOsmoMan
lvl.2
Norway

Matman Posted at 5-16 06:03
.mov, maybe try switching?

Cool, then that might be the solution then, to record to .mov clips on the DJI OSMO Action.
Will definitely try that out.

2020-5-16
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2020-7-7
Use props
Advanced