11532 28 2020-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hey all, anyone come across this, i can activate focus track while the aircraft is on the ground by drawing a square around myself or an object. This enables Active Track in spotlight mode and i can then take off and it will track the object i selected. If i turn it off and try to track something else it doesnt work. If i just take off then try to select and  track something, again, it doesnt work. I came in to post this and decided to screen record this happening for a bit of extra context, now when i try and track on the ground it works, as soon as i take off it says im inside a geo zone. According to the maps and flysafe, im not. I checked if there was a zone or something to unlock in flysafe and theres nothing around me.

IMG_7847_s.jpg
2020-5-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Malakai_UK, to use FocusTrack, you must take off and hover at least 3.3ft above the ground and then drag a box around the subject the camera view to enable it. How about re-installing the DJI Fly just in case the APP recognizes GEO wrongly. If it still doesn't work, any chance to share another video with the drone taking off?
2020-5-17
Use props
djiuser_4biF5KsB1p6l
New

United States

My I phone 6 is not letting me draw a box around anything while in flight with DJI go newest app
2020-6-10
Use props
Acedog
New
United States

I am also just outside a map restricted zone (maybe a couple miles).... same issue- drone is flying at 10 M height - try to select object - msg  shows about geo zone - then goes away and can't activate focus track.  But, as noted, if drone is on surface (not in flight) I can select a person and active track works.  But as soon as you fly and try to select another object it won't work.  Something in Geo is not allowing the option.  I see nothing in manual about active track in geo zone will not function.  I think the way the geo zone is mapped on APP must not align with the mapping screen showing the
position of unit relative to restricted zone.
2020-6-30
Use props
Uri
lvl.1

Israel

Acedog Posted at 6-30 16:58
I am also just outside a map restricted zone (maybe a couple miles).... same issue- drone is flying at 10 M height - try to select object - msg  shows about geo zone - then goes away and can't activate focus track.  But, as noted, if drone is on surface (not in flight) I can select a person and active track works.  But as soon as you fly and try to select another object it won't work.  Something in Geo is not allowing the option.  I see nothing in manual about active track in geo zone will not function.  I think the way the geo zone is mapped on APP must not align with the mapping screen showing the
position of unit relative to restricted zone.

Hi
Did you solve the problem?
2020-7-7
Use props
djiuser_hccVggruXoMv
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-17 05:05
Hi Malakai_UK, to use FocusTrack, you must take off and hover at least 3.3ft above the ground and then drag a box around the subject the camera view to enable it. How about re-installing the DJI Fly just in case the APP recognizes GEO wrongly. If it still doesn't work, any chance to share another video with the drone taking off?
My drone did this too. I called dji and they told me to send it in for repair. This was my first day with the drone. I returned the drone. I bought another drone and it’s coming tomorrow I’m praying to god that this doesn’t happen again. If it doesnt It was definitely a drone issue. If it happens again maybe it’s my phone. Or location but I’m curious to know if this is a known problem or issue with the drone that needs to be sent in for repair? Is this going to happen to me again?
2020-7-8
Use props
djiuser_hccVggruXoMv
lvl.1
United States

Did you find a solution?
2020-7-8
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

To be honest we havent really had the weather to test it in the garden again. I did however get a flight in while we were out exploring and the active track worked flawlessly. If its dry the next few days i might try it again in the garden.
2020-7-9
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have used focus/active tracking extensively lately. I have been able to change targets very quickly. The only problem I have had is with fast moving targets, over 30 mph. Sometimes I make the box too large and it fails. I just have to make another one. I have noticed also that if it loses focus on the target, it often recaptures it shortly.

Something to be aware of however when tracking fast targets....sometimes the focus shifts to something else (like a wave) and the drone can go where you do not want it to go. I nearly ran it into a marina building once ;-)
2020-7-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_hccVggruXoMv Posted at 7-8 15:07
My drone did this too. I called dji and they told me to send it in for repair. This was my first day with the drone. I returned the drone. I bought another drone and it’s coming tomorrow I’m praying to god that this doesn’t happen again. If it doesnt It was definitely a drone issue. If it happens again maybe it’s my phone. Or location but I’m curious to know if this is a known problem or issue with the drone that needs to be sent in for repair? Is this going to happen to me again?

Sorry for the late response, did you get the new drone? Does the issue persist with this one?
2020-7-12
Use props
righton
New
United States

i have the same problem with mine. still trying to sort it out... it seems to work when it's really wide open space.
2020-7-26
Use props
KC_dronie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95013 ft
United States

I just bought a new Mavic Air 2 and I'm also having an issue where I can't get FocusTrack to activate at all.   I've tried taking the drone to the appropriate altitude, but I'm unable to select anything on the display.  I've watched a dozen videos and read all the support articles that I can find, but nothing seems to be working.  I updated the drone with the latest firmware, I also updated my phone and the app with the latest software/app versions.  I even tried a second phone, but no dice.  Any advice is appreciated.
2020-7-31
Use props
djiuser_UauCiVrUeMEO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18428 ft
United States

KC_dronie Posted at 7-31 06:51
I just bought a new Mavic Air 2 and I'm also having an issue where I can't get FocusTrack to activate at all.   I've tried taking the drone to the appropriate altitude, but I'm unable to select anything on the display.  I've watched a dozen videos and read all the support articles that I can find, but nothing seems to be working.  I updated the drone with the latest firmware, I also updated my phone and the app with the latest software/app versions.  I even tried a second phone, but no dice.  Any advice is appreciated.

Same here. Mavic air 2! No focus track period. Only way I could get it to to even allow me to draw a box was in QuickShots. The bar at the bottom with the option to chose from spotlight, active track....etc has never even been seen on my screen. Ive tried and watched all the videos as well. Nothing. It took two weeks for me to get receive it from DJI; I don’t want to go through that process again.
2020-8-1
Use props
KC_dronie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95013 ft
United States

djiuser_UauCiVrUeMEO Posted at 8-1 11:28
Same here. Mavic air 2! No focus track period. Only way I could get it to to even allow me to draw a box was in QuickShots. The bar at the bottom with the option to chose from spotlight, active track....etc has never even been seen on my screen. Ive tried and watched all the videos as well. Nothing. It took two weeks for me to get receive it from DJI; I don’t want to go through that process again.

Ok, I was able to fix my issue.  I downloaded Mavic Assistant 2 for my macbook, hooked-up my mavic 2 to my laptop, and reset the firmware.  That solved my issue.  FocusTrack works like a charm now!!!

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic
2020-8-2
Use props
hardie42
lvl.1
Flight distance : 260531 ft

Denmark

KC_dronie Posted at 8-2 20:06
Ok, I was able to fix my issue.  I downloaded Mavic Assistant 2 for my macbook, hooked-up my mavic 2 to my laptop, and reset the firmware.  That solved my issue.  FocusTrack works like a charm now!!!

Hi KC
What do you mean with resetting the firmware?
Downgrading and then upgrading again?
I have the same issue - NO focus track at all.
I can't draw the frame, no reaction of the app.

[EDIT]
Ok, I found it.
In the assistant there is a button 'refresh' - now I can draw the frame and - at least while being  on my desk -  the camera was following me.
Thanks KC for your description  
2020-8-25
Use props
djiuser_KCMW99wnNwDO
lvl.1
Australia

Same problem.
Can draw the green frame around target when drone is on ground and gimble tracks. As soon as taking off I get a geozone message. If I try to draw the target box nothing happens except a “max distance reach” message.. Same message happens when trying to take panorama shot.
I’ve tried refreshing the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic as suggested by KC. Also tried downgrading firmware.
Neither worked for me, so I reloaded latest firmware.
I’m not inside a geozone according to DJI Fly app.
Did anyone find a solution to this problem?
Cheers.
Cheers
2020-10-11
Use props
Bob Gulliver
New

United Kingdom

Exactly the same here... tried everything including resetting/ reinstalling the firmware on the Mavic Air 2 but still not able to select a target to use Focus Track once in flight. No green box and no identification of targets to select, nothing. The selection of a target works great when in Quick Shot mode, but not in standard camera mode. It seems a return is going to be required if I can't figure out something soon.
2020-10-14
Use props
Pilotfish
lvl.1
Australia

I sent in an enquiry through the fly app a week ago and haven’t recieved anything back.

I reloaded all the firm ware updates in sequence, and took my drone for a drive today out to an bush area complete free of aircraft, helicopters etc just in case I was in any hidden no-fly zone according to AIRMAP app. Still had the same issue. I will be taking mine back to place of purchase to see if I can get a replacement or refund. This is so frustrating. I bought the Mavic air 2 for its features and half of them aren’t working.
2020-10-17
Use props
idgibb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49518 ft
United States

Did you get this resolved?
2020-10-17
Use props
idgibb
lvl.1
United States

Pilotfish Posted at 10-17 04:41
I sent in an enquiry through the fly app a week ago and haven’t recieved anything back.

I reloaded all the firm ware updates in sequence, and took my drone for a drive today out to an bush area complete free of aircraft, helicopters etc just in case I was in any hidden no-fly zone according to AIRMAP app. Still had the same issue. I will be taking mine back to place of purchase to see if I can get a replacement or refund. This is so frustrating. I bought the Mavic air 2 for its features and half of them aren’t working.

I am in the process of trying to figure this out. Let me know if you get this figured out.

Cheers
Ian.
2020-10-17
Use props
idgibb
lvl.1
United States

idgibb Posted at 10-17 14:16
I am in the process of trying to figure this out. Let me know if you get this figured out.

Cheers

I got active track working today. I went into my settings and adjusted the maximum distance setting and this seemed to fix the issue. My max distance was set to 30m and I adjusted it to 160m. Problem solved.

Cheers
Ian.
2020-10-18
Use props
Pilotfish
lvl.1
Australia

idgibb Posted at 10-18 10:30
I got active track working today. I went into my settings and adjusted the maximum distance setting and this seemed to fix the issue. My max distance was set to 30m and I adjusted it to 160m. Problem solved.

Cheers

Oh my god! LEGEND! Thank you! FocusTrack now working too!!
2020-10-18
Use props
microadventurer
lvl.1

Canada

I had the same issue KC_dronie originally described above - the only difference, FocusTrack was working for the first 5 months of getting the drone and only recently started to fail. Reinstalling DJI Fly app on my iPhone did the trick for me.
2020-11-10
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

As mentioned in the previous post there is a minimum altitude requirement.  The Focus Track will clear any selected objects on take off or low height to ground.  It maybe tied to the bottom ground sensors or digitally in the app.
2020-11-10
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
United States

You could test if it is the down sensors by covering them with tape.
2020-11-10
Use props
TomsToms
New

United States

Same problem here. Fixed with firmware update.

My active track worked for 2 months then stopped sometime in the past month.

Worked as designed after update.
2020-12-3
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
United States

Same here. It seems to be working since updating to v.0460.
2020-12-3
Use props
edurenye2
lvl.1
Spain

Since I updated my Mavic Air 2 to firmware v01.01.0610 and the controller to v02.00.1200, also I'm using a Huawei P40 Pro and I have the app updated to 1.3.0. The is no way for me to use the spotlight option, the active track and the POI work fine, is just that I can't select the spotlight. It was working fine before the update.

Also from before this update and is still a problem, I see that the active track loses track quite easily, more with a white background (snow). And since last update I feel like the active track follows me in a accelerate and break manner, before the tracking was more smooth.

I hope you can fix this small things for the next upgrade, after all I'm really happy with this product, you are doing an amazing work with it, thank you!
2021-3-31
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144649 ft
United States

KC_dronie Posted at 2020-8-2 20:06

Exactaly what Mindy asked to have done in her first response to this post. Hopefully Malakai did the same thing. Glad to hear you have it functioning correctly!
2021-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules