Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
my phantom gimbal won't move!
2882 7 2020-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jay#39s RC
lvl.2

Canada

whenever i turn on my phantom it does its calibration but when i try to move the gimbal during flight it won't move!
any ideas on how to fix this?
2020-5-15
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Jay#39s RC welcome !!

which phantom model are you using ?
2020-5-15
Use props
Jay#39s RC
lvl.2

Canada

the phantom 3 pro
2020-5-15
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

What setting do you have on gimbal in app ? Follow or FPV? And do you have a shot or clip of the result of not moving gimbal yet?
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_e4w04GCvDupe
New

United States

Greetings,

I have a similar problem with my Phantom 3 STD. After a crash, my gimbal will calibrate on its own without a problem, but when I try to rotate the camera left or right, I only get a couple of degrees of movement in either direction. I can pitch the camera up and down without a problem.
2020-6-7
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Germany

Normally the Z-axis is only a compensator for flight in curves and not for rotate around. You can pitch it down,you say. Can you see that the gimpal compensate the roll of the P3 during flight? If yes then the gimbal is alright. If you want to turn the cam around the Z-axis you may turn both bird around that axis via left stick,nothing more and nothing less.
2020-6-7
Use props
djiuser_e4w04GCvDupe
New

United States

Peterx Posted at 6-7 11:41
Normally the Z-axis is only a compensator for flight in curves and not for rotate around. You can pitch it down,you say. Can you see that the gimpal compensate the roll of the P3 during flight? If yes then the gimbal is alright. If you want to turn the cam around the Z-axis you may turn both bird around that axis via left stick,nothing more and nothing less.

Yes, the gimbal will compensate fully if I pick up the drone and rotate it around. My issues lies in what happens after I follow your recommendation. Now that I can rotate the camera with the flight controller, I only get a few degrees of movement in either direction where as, prior to the crash, I had the same range of motion the gimbal was capable of providing.
2020-6-7
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Germany

The gimbal rotates only the degrees around the yaw axis to compensate the curve flights,or do you want to see the landing gears in you recorded clips or photos? Most important is the gimbal recenter the cam from the curve flight to the straight flight again,so that you can see the path of the flight. Don´t worry about that .
Always a safe flight and have fun.
2020-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules