arms won't go up
1143 6 2020-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jay#39s RC
lvl.2

Canada

when i take off the arms are supposed to go up right?
well not for me! when i take off they dont go up and they're in my camera shots!
why and how do you fix this!
2020-5-15
Use props
Joecos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

Inspire 2 Servo motor arm will eventually go bad due to age and wear and tear.  But before we conclude to that, there are a few things to check  ....

There is a setting in the DJI Go App - to keep the arm from going up.  Make sure the setting is set to "Normal"  (sorry, I am not in front of the controller / app settings to remember exactly where this feature is)

Once, the setting is set to normal or auto - and if the arms still wont lift up,  then very likely the servo arm motor needs to be replaced and you can do it yourself as DIY or send to DJI for servo motor replacement.
2020-5-15
Use props
Jay#39s RC
lvl.2

Canada

Joecos Posted at 5-15 12:07
Inspire 2 Servo motor arm will eventually go bad due to age and wear and tear.  But before we conclude to that, there are a few things to check  ....

There is a setting in the DJI Go App - to keep the arm from going up.  Make sure the setting is set to "Normal"  (sorry, I am not in front of the controller / app settings to remember exactly where this feature is)

oh! i just checked the dji go 4 app and your right so let me check if it works now!
2020-5-15
Use props
Jay#39s RC
lvl.2

Canada

yeah it works! thx so much for your help! time to get some ARM-FREE shots!
thx again
2020-5-15
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Joecos Posted at 5-15 12:07

While your assumption was correct, there's one more possible scenario: rising nut jammed at the end of travel. There's a hole in Inspire's belly to undo the screw manually with flat screwdriver when this happen ...
2020-5-15
Use props
Joecos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

Jay#39s RC Posted at 5-15 12:15
yeah it works! thx so much for your help! time to get some ARM-FREE shots!
thx again

Glad it worked!   Be Safe and Happy Flying.
2020-5-15
Use props
Jay#39s RC
lvl.2

Canada

thx! i appreciate it!
2020-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules