123Next >
13118 100 2020-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf6819b1e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 780259 ft
United Kingdom

I have just purchased a new Mavic Air 2 Fly More Bundle online from Currys in the UK.

All went well until I tried to activate it - then I get an activation error:-  

Server Error: Activation failed. Check network or contact DJI Support for assitance (error code: 0xffe).

I retried a few times and then tried DJI support web chat. After waiting a very long time I managed to speak to Candy, who asked for my Serial No and then told me I would have to return the aircraft to DJI for repair. Their system said "we have detected an abnormal activation of your aircraft".

To say I am annoyed about this is a huge understatement. I paid nearly £1000 to a respected UK retailer, and extra for next day delivery.

I will not return the drone to DJI for repair, I will return to Currys for a replacement or refund. That's how it works here.

What I want to know is what is going on? Why can I not fly my drone that I've been looking forward to for weeks, that seems to have nothing wrong with it?

Can anybody shed any light on this fiasco please?
2020-5-15
Use props
pason67
lvl.1

Sweden

I have the same issue. Super annoying. Twice I chat with support, essentl
2020-5-15
Use props
pason67
lvl.1

Sweden

pason67 Posted at 5-15 10:10
I have the same issue. Super annoying. Twice I chat with support, essentl

Ok, have to edit within milliseconds or the post will be locked.

I have the same issue. Super annoying. Twice I chat with support(two hours spent), essentially just "wait it might fix itself". Crap. Sorry I bought this. Company without customer service.
2020-5-15
Use props
djiuser_SwwF6fHuwdEQ
lvl.1
United States

Same issue here. Received it today (Friday) and tried activating it only to find this error and customer service won’t be available until Monday. Super annoyed...
2020-5-15
Use props
fans36939675
lvl.1

United States

Same here.... I just want to go fly. I'm not impressed with DJI right now.... I've tried everything...
2020-5-15
Use props
djiuser_6BTR3YIof316
lvl.1
United States

I have the same issue with my Mavic Air 2 that I just tried to activate for the first time. I contacted customer support chat and after about 2 hours I finally got a rep. They took my serial number and asked for the error code. He couldn’t figure out the problem and offered a return/replacement. They are mailing me a shipping label in 2 business days and said I can expect the replacement transaction to take 2-3 more business days to complete after that. This does not include the shipping time back and forth. This sucks!!! ...I waited 2 weeks to get it after ordering 5 minutes after it was released and now it looks like it will be another 2 weeks at least to get one that hopefully works. Not a good way to start a relationship with a new customer DJI.
2020-5-15
Use props
HEXV9KyrBN5K
lvl.1
Flight distance : 216056 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_SwwF6fHuwdEQ Posted at 5-15 17:34
Same issue here. Received it today (Friday) and tried activating it only to find this error and customer service won’t be available until Monday. Super annoyed...

Same thing and there was a great sunset here too! Way to go DJI
2020-5-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience with Mavic Air 2, please follow our support's guide and send back for the repalcement since it is unable to be solved remotely, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2020-5-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi all, if you have same error, please reply to my post with your serial number or contact our support team www.dji.com/support, we will help further, thank you.
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_zsCxxvOHiXTM
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-16 04:09
Hi all, if you have same error, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support or reply to my post with your serial number, we will help further, thank you.

I’m having the same issue, I have to have this drone this next week for work and can’t afford to wait another month or two for a replacement.

SN: 3N3BH3P002000T
2020-5-16
Use props
fans36939675
lvl.1

United States

Hi all, if you have same error, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support or reply to my post with your serial number, we will help further, thank you.

I really hope this can be fixed remotely... I’m really bummed that I was shipped a non working device. My serial number is 3n3bh4h002017w
I purchased this directly from DJI. I expected better from them...
2020-5-16
Use props
EddoNor
New

Norway

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-16 04:07
Hi there, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience with Mavic Air 2, please follow our support's guide and send back for the repalcement since it is unable to be solved remotely, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

1WNBH3U
00202Q4
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_QDZSWodSTTGu
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Same here - 3rd drone i've had which hasn't worked (bought Mavic Air last year and two of them didn't work with my Android phone) and i'm getting the error code: 0xffe.

Massively annoyed
2020-5-16
Use props
edmond5
New

Hong Kong

1WNBH3U00202E2
2020-5-16
Use props
Maury
lvl.1
Flight distance : 126778 ft
Italy

Hi
Same error

SN:1WNHBH4N0020330
2020-5-16
Use props
pason67
lvl.1

Sweden

0xffe error
1WNBH4U002006J
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_SwwF6fHuwdEQ
lvl.1
United States

Same issue
S/N 3N3BH4M0020032
2020-5-16
Use props
fansf7d38254
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Same Error code, same issue.

Surely it is a software/server problem? It’s only a matter of the device number being sent to your server to connect it to your membership account......

Like all of us are saying, surely we shouldn’t have to send back an item that we have all waited 2 weeks and that cost £1000 for a simple registration issue.

Come on DJI get your act together
2020-5-16
Use props
jguff330gmail.com
lvl.1

United States

fansf7d38254 Posted at 5-16 11:39
Same Error code, same issue.

Surely it is a software/server problem? It’s only a matter of the device number being sent to your server to connect it to your membership account......

same issue here, serial #  3n3bh5300200h2 what a piece of junk, thousands of these having the same problem and DJI customer service is closed the weekend of launch??? what a joke.
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_RhaKmoJbXO4u
lvl.1

United States

Error code: 0xffe

SN: 3N3BH4D00200D2
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_EojYlfY9tBnH
New

United Kingdom

Same issue here, bought from Curry's in UK and not able to activate. Serial number 1WNBH4F00201EE
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_Ry8zrhxNgqJf
New

United States

Same problem same code

SN. 3N3BH4P002OOSK

:-(
2020-5-16
Use props
fans910dea90
lvl.1
Australia

Same in Australia, bought from DJI direct. I won’t be waiting for a new one I want my money back. And I’ll buy from a dealer. S/N 1WNBH4A00200HH
2020-5-16
Use props
fansfa97b353
lvl.1
United States

Same issue/error with new Mavic Air 2. Located in USA and bought directly from DJI. Contacted customer service via email because guess who doesn’t have weekend support? So much for flying this weekend...
2020-5-16
Use props
capgymgmail.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2210860 ft
  • >>>
Israel

I have the same issue on my new mavic air 2
Screenshot_20200517-023655.jpg
2020-5-16
Use props
capgymgmail.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2210860 ft
  • >>>
Israel

Hello I have the same issue
Mavic air 2
SN: 1WNBH3Q002022L
Screenshot_20200517-023655.jpg
2020-5-16
Use props
fansf6819b1e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 780259 ft
United Kingdom

capgymgmail.com Posted at 5-16 16:32
Hello I have the same issue
Mavic air 2
SN: 1WNBH3Q002022L

That's different error to mine
2020-5-16
Use props
fansbf6e38fd
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-16 04:07

Same issue. SN: 3N3BH5300200F9
2020-5-17
Use props
djiuser_K6no53mTHSof
lvl.1
Ireland

Same issue

I have emailed my details.

Surely this should be fixed remotely. It seems very dodgy that it cant be.
2020-5-17
Use props
sergeant
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Folks, PLEASE don't post your device serial numbers publicly here, edit your posts if you can or request to an admin for your post to be removed. You really don't want the serial numbers of your drone to be public, just incase of the potential for them to be utilised maliciously, either for cloning with stolen devices or otherwise.
2020-5-17
Use props
fans910dea90
lvl.1
Australia

sergeant Posted at 5-17 23:18
Folks, PLEASE don't post your device serial numbers publicly here, edit your posts if you can or request to an admin for your post to be removed. You really don't want the serial numbers of your drone to be public, just incase of the potential for them to be utilised maliciously, either for cloning with stolen devices or otherwise.

DJI Support is asking for them openly on the forum?
2020-5-18
Use props
aarongpowell
lvl.1
United States

So after being on hold for literally an hour, I've been told to return my device to Amazon.

This would've been my first drone and it's safe to say I won't be purchasing another seeing as how the customer service representative could not guarantee that if I exchanged it for another that this same problem wouldn't occur again.

DJI, you guys really dropped the ball with this release. *insert tiger king i'll never financially recover from this  meme*
2020-5-18
Use props
djiuser_uglVVaWIwDzX
lvl.1
United States

You will help further funny the support I talked to said nothing they can do Sorry, like ready been doing business for along time and this happens same thing just got it today and it won’t activate Error code 0xffe, so in that doing I lost out on another grand because I brought it to my photo shoot and then it wouldn’t work so I looked very unprofessional. Thank god they were understanding but I still lost a 1000$ Because they are now using someone else so future business is gone as well so really more then a grand was lost, I won’t get back the business and now have to pay more on top of this for shipping when it’s on your guys end that is a load of BS if you ask me you should be giving everyone one discounts on there items plus It’s going on every social media and news I can find to let everyone know what DJI is about and “sorry” just doesn’t cut it when your messing around with ones living!!!!......
2020-5-20
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_uglVVaWIwDzX Posted at 5-20 21:26
You will help further funny the support I talked to said nothing they can do Sorry, like ready been doing business for along time and this happens same thing just got it today and it won’t activate Error code 0xffe, so in that doing I lost out on another grand because I brought it to my photo shoot and then it wouldn’t work so I looked very unprofessional. Thank god they were understanding but I still lost a 1000$ Because they are now using someone else so future business is gone as well so really more then a grand was lost, I won’t get back the business and now have to pay more on top of this for shipping when it’s on your guys end that is a load of BS if you ask me you should be giving everyone one discounts on there items plus It’s going on every social media and news I can find to let everyone know what DJI is about and “sorry” just doesn’t cut it when your messing around with ones living!!!!......

It wasn't meant to be.  The person they got will probably get corona and be critically ill which could've been you.  Who knows, they could make $5k+ in a few months or less with no corona which could've been you.

DJI drones work exceptionally well w/ little to no issues.  It's unfortunate you got a drone that was part of stolen logistics when it mattered the most but it's a way on how DJI limits the theft of its drones.  It's like getting corona, if we get it we deal with it but the whole world doesn't get corona and moves on.  It's the same as when people got paralyzed and such being a passenger from going on a drinking night w/ their friends who didn't get paralyzed.  Now their friends left them but the are wheelchaired forever.

It's kind of like, something going wrong but if nothing interrupted the planning, life could be worse but it's hard to see it that way because we just don't know.  It's either that or you were meant to not have the extra money and have less, who really knows.  We deal with this as they come and if it's extreme good luck or extreme bad luck, everywhere in between as normal we deal with it.  It's not like we can intentionally control our heart rates.  We don't even know if the moon is sending signals to make things work on Earth from another area in the universe that all hearts could stop at the same time.  No one knows.  We are all operating in super-advanced mathematical calculations in a universe that is at least 46.1B years old that technology is beginning to unravel.  There are far too many things to patch vulnerability wise on earth that it's just easier to have trust and ignorance be a significant ratio in our daily lives.
2020-5-24
Use props
fansbf359941
New
United States

I get the same error. My serial number is  3N3BH4L002027F
2020-5-24
Use props
djiuser_N2d9isD4rcNE
New
United States

I am having the same problem.

SN: 3N3BH5300203DA
2020-5-24
Use props
Digitalfeat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 467946 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow you all, mine activated fine using the DJI Fly app on iPhone.
Are you all using androids? Not sure about android devices.

What Im trying to find info on is how to pair this Air 2 to the DJI Go 4 app instead of the Fly app.
Guess I'll keep googling around more. Good luck to you all.

I suggest you keep trying it again. Sometimes it can be a little glitch in your internet.
2020-5-25
Use props
djiuser_51CKoOVG36vY
lvl.1
Australia

1WNBH3Q00200UG
Same activation error 0xffe
2020-5-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_51CKoOVG36vY Posted at 5-25 21:19
1WNBH3Q00200UG
Same activation error 0xffe

Please accept our sincere apologies for the troubles with the activation, we have detected an abnormal activation of your aircraft and unfortunately, it cannot be solved remotely. It is recommended to contact your reseller or DJI support http://dji.com/support for the replacement service, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2020-5-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_N2d9isD4rcNE Posted at 5-24 23:52
I am having the same problem.

SN: 3N3BH5300203DA

Sorry for the late response and the troubles during the activation, please send back the drone your seller or contact DJI support for the replacement service, we apologize for the unpleasant experience with us and we will keep improving our products.
2020-5-26
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules