Mavic Air 2 Controller will not connect to phone
6027 15 2020-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wattsnbgmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 656444 ft
United Kingdom

I took delivery of my Mavic Air 2 FMC this afternoon. Charged the batteries individually, charged the controller, and connected all up.  Switch on controller, craft, connect the phone, open Fly app.  Nothing, nada.  The Controller will not connect to the phone.  I have tried an iPhone XR, and iPad Air and a Galaxy Note 9.  All the same.  No connection to controller.  I then updated the firmware on both the controller and the craft but again no luck.  

I can go into the app by pressing the Access Camera option but it just shows a red bar at top saying RC not connected to mobile de... and a flashing phone triangle symbol at bottom of the screen.

Anyone any ideas?  I am all out.

Thanks
2020-5-15
Use props
Cayton828
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2358383 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am in the same boat nothing will work. Did you figure anything out yet
2020-5-15
Use props
NBW877
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Unfortunately not, and absolutely gutted
2020-5-15
Use props
djiuser_VlsVn2yFt4ga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9331 ft
United States

Same here I just received my DJI Air 2 and I’m also having  trouble marrying the Air 2 Controller to my iPhone - [iPhone 11 Pro Max - IOS 13.4.1]  ...at this point I’m thinking it may be a bad USB C port on the controller?!

I hope somebody figures it out.
2020-5-15
Use props
NBW877
lvl.2
United Kingdom

djiuser_VlsVn2yFt4ga Posted at 5-15 19:00
Same here I just received my DJI Air 2 and I’m also having  trouble marrying the Air 2 Controller to my iPhone -   ...at this point I’m thinking it may be a bad USB C port on the controller?!

Unfortunately DJI support say it is a known issue and only option is to return the unit to dealer for exchange or refund
2020-5-15
Use props
NBW877
lvl.2
United Kingdom

2020-5-16
Use props
Robbiemoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47198 ft
United Kingdom

I'm now having this issue although I didn't have it straight away. I've had the drone a week and flown in about 4 times. I went to fly it tonight and have that error message.
I'm sure as hell not impressed. I'll be onto DJI in the morning.
2020-5-19
Use props
Robbiemoto
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I'm now having this issue although I didn't have it straight away. I've had the drone a week and flown in about 4 times. I went to fly it tonight and have that error message.
I'm sure not impressed. I'll be onto DJI in the morning.
2020-5-19
Use props
Robbiemoto
lvl.2
United Kingdom

After looking into this further I now believe the issue is with the lightning connector. I have found if you plug it into your phone and slightly twist it it works. Also if you twist the connector round like i have in the picture it stays connected. After doing a bit of googling and searching on this forum the consensus is that the supplied lightening cable is crap with most users ditching it and buying a better quality cable. Pretty crap considering the price we pay for these drones.  

2020-5-19
Use props
Robbiemoto
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Robbiemoto Posted at 5-19 15:37
After looking into this further I now believe the issue is with the lightning connector. I have found if you plug it into your phone and slightly twist it it works. Also if you twist the connector round like i have in the picture it stays connected. After doing a bit of googling and searching on this forum the consensus is that the supplied lightening cable is crap with most users ditching it and buying a better quality cable. Pretty crap considering the price we pay for these drones.

2020-5-19
Use props
Robbiemoto
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Cant add a pic to this archaic forum format
2020-5-19
Use props
Robbiemoto
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Just an update to say I have purchased a better quality replacement usb-c to lightening cable and this has fixed my issue.
2020-5-21
Use props
Kerichokid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33428 ft
  • >>>
United States

I received mine earlier this week, and was able to fly twice. There was no problem then. But today I cannot connect the app to the controller. The controller, of course, can still fly the bird, but that's not what we're trying to do. Switching to another USB-C to lightning connector cable did not help the problem.
I have one other thought –
The last time I flew it, my iPhone battery was low, and I switched it to “charging“ from the controller. I’m not sure if this is the problem. Unfortunately I cannot find that option anymore and, so I do not know how to switch it off. I wonder if that could be the problem? Please let me know if you have any ideas.
If no  successful solution is forthcoming in another day or so, I am ready to ship it back to DJI.
2020-5-23
Use props
fans71256e3e
New

United States

Robbiemoto Posted at 5-19 15:43
Cant add a pic to this archaic forum format

Im having the exact same issue.  Did you figure it out?
2020-7-23
Use props
djiuser_GsnkhEYxVVKN
New

United States

djiuser_VlsVn2yFt4ga Posted at 5-15 19:00
Same here I just received my DJI Air 2 and I’m also having  trouble marrying the Air 2 Controller to my iPhone -   ...at this point I’m thinking it may be a bad USB C port on the controller?!

I just got a new RC cable to connect my phone (iPhone 11) and nothing. I think it’s a problem in the remote control and not the cable or phone.
2020-8-28
Use props
djiuser_GsnkhEYxVVKN
New

United States

Robbiemoto Posted at 5-21 21:23
Just an update to say I have purchased a better quality replacement usb-c to lightening cable and this has fixed my issue.

I have the same problem you had, could you tell me what cable did you get that works? Thanks
2020-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules