Activation Error (0xffe)
25151 220 2020-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_XDa4g8ZaNJ3C
New

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-16 03:24
Hi all, for the activation issue, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support for clarification or reply to my post with your serial number, I will help check, thank you.

1WNBH4E00200K9
I hope you can help
2020-5-16
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

bjr981s Posted at 5-16 07:01
Yes but did you update the FW before you tried to activate?

Any suggestion how to do it to avoid failures?
2020-5-16
Use props
sherifsurf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27398 ft
United Arab Emirates

same here
2020-5-16
Use props
fansb20ef74a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97579 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_XDa4g8ZaNJ3C Posted at 5-16 08:04
1WNBH4E00200K9
I hope you can help

1WNBH4F00201VM

Please help me get the drone activated.
Poor show so far from Support Team.
Please change my mind!
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_mTdZDIxhaHnK
lvl.1

United States

fansb20ef74a Posted at 5-16 09:32
1WNBH4F00201VM

Please help me get the drone activated.

Yeah, they won't. you are going to get the same response that we have all gotten. "Unfortunately it needs to be replaced" Apparently every unit that was received from yesterday on is nothing but a brick... But don't worry, you just have to wait another month for a replacement!
2020-5-16
Use props
fansa497f59d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31647 ft
United States

I’d urge everyone to contact news sites that report on DJI/drones and explain the issue and DJI’s refusal to explain the problem and give a solution. That will put pressure on them to fix their damn servers...
2020-5-16
Use props
KevWRyd
lvl.1

Canada

Purchased @ Omniview Tech (Canada)
0xffe Error
Serial Number:  3N3BH4Q00201V3
PLEASE GET THIS FIXED - ASAP!
2020-5-16
Use props
fansa497f59d
lvl.2
United States

KevWRyd Posted at 5-16 10:15
0xffe Error

Contact news sites. DJI doesn’t care about your experience and won’t fix it. Maybe if we flood their email inbox/twitter @‘s  with Winnie the Pooh messages begging them to fix their servers...maybe
2020-5-16
Use props
fans11525fe9
New

Germany

I have the same problem here. My S/N: 1WNBH3S00202LK
2020-5-16
Use props
fans11525fe9
New

Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-16 03:22
Hi there, sorry for the troubles on activation, may we have your serial number for further support?

I have the same error (0xffe). It’s from Amazon. My serial is: 1WNBH3S00202LK
2020-5-16
Use props
Louisianaphoto
lvl.1
United States

fansa497f59d Posted at 5-15 15:22
When was the first time you tried to activate?

And yeah, I’d have to wait at least a few weeks for a new drone because everyones backordered. Don’t want to return if they can fix their server...

Yesterday (Friday) was the first time I tried to activate. The drone came in on Thursday and I charged the batteries that night. I charged them individually and not in the dock per what I saw on YouTube. I tried to activate again today but same issue. To say this is frustrating is an understatement.  I have a $988 paperweight as of now.
2020-5-16
Use props
Louisianaphoto
lvl.1
United States

Louisianaphoto Posted at 5-16 11:03
Yesterday (Friday) was the first time I tried to activate. The drone came in on Thursday and I charged the batteries that night. I charged them individually and not in the dock per what I saw on YouTube. I tried to activate again today but same issue. To say this is frustrating is an understatement.  I have a $988 paperweight as of now.

Serial number 3N3BH4N00201AR. Please get this sorted out!
2020-5-16
Use props
SKurzhals
New

Germany

Here the same Error.... unboxed, charged, installed SW on iPhone 11 Pro max, got connection to drone, installed the update to the drone (without any errors), then I think I can fly..... but no... it ask me to activate... but got the error 0xffe. :/ my serial: 1wnbh3r00200tp

unhappy.....
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_xFKGNIerla99
New

United Kingdom

Same error here when I use Apple to activate. I get 1112 error when using Android.
Bought direct from DJI but they aren't helping and say it needs to be replaced. Ive requested a refund for a faulty product.
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_xFKGNIerla99
New

United Kingdom

Same error here when I use Apple to activate. I get 1112 error when using Android.
Bought direct from DJI but they aren't helping and say it needs to be replaced. Ive requested a refund for a faulty product.
2020-5-16
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

Wow, this is getting serious.
I wonder if I should return mine without opening it and without trying.
2020-5-16
Use props
jguff330gmail.com
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_xFKGNIerla99 Posted at 5-16 11:28

same here, bought direct from dji.com serial #3N3BH5300200H2
I don't get how the biggest drone company in the world doesn't have a customer service department to contact on the first weekend of launch.
2020-5-16
Use props
Bytebaer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1086 ft
Germany

Has anybody got a reply from support on that topic?
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_mTdZDIxhaHnK
lvl.1

United States

Bytebaer Posted at 5-16 12:15
Has anybody got a reply from support on that topic?

Yeah, everyone is being told that it has to be replaced. same on the DJI Support twitter.
2020-5-16
Use props
dari_017
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6016004 ft
  • >>>
United States

I gave you all a couple solutions yesterday on another thread , but never got an answer if somebody tried . I’ve been flying drones DJI drones since the Phantom 3 days , and I’ve encountered this problem on a couple of DJI drones , but always ended up fixing them . So let me try again have you tried activating your drone using your phone connected to LTE ? Not WiFi ! . If that doesn’t work, if you have a pc or Mac try to activate the drone using the DJI assistant 2 for mavic air 2 found on this page https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... nt-dji-2-for-mavic. If that doesn’t work return your drone for another one.
2020-5-16
Use props
fansef10dd65
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-16 03:24
Hi all, for the activation issue, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support for clarification or reply to my post with your serial number, I will help check, thank you.

Hello!
I have the same issue and am getting error code 1112 when trying to activate. I purchased mine from the DJI online store. Able to assist? Thank you!
SN: 3N3BH4K002005W
2020-5-16
Use props
fansf7d38254
lvl.1
United Kingdom

dari_017 Posted at 5-16 12:27
I gave you all a couple solutions yesterday on another thread , but never got an answer if somebody tried . I’ve been flying drones DJI drones since the Phantom 3 days , and I’ve encountered this problem on a couple of DJI drones , but always ended up fixing them . So let me try again have you tried activating your drone using your phone connected to LTE ? Not WiFi ! . If that doesn’t work, if you have a pc or Mac try to activate the drone using the DJI assistant 2 for mavic air 2 found on this page https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic. If that doesn’t work return your drone for another one.

I actually had to do the computer way on my Mavic air 1

Thanks for the advice I’m gonna try it on the Mavic air 2 and hopefully won’t get the 0xffc error

I’ll let you know
2020-5-16
Use props
jguff330gmail.com
lvl.1

United States

I gave you all a couple solutions yesterday on another thread , but never got an answer if somebody tried . I’ve been flying drones DJI drones since the Phantom 3 days , and I’ve encountered this problem on a couple of DJI drones , but always ended up fixing them . So let me try again have you tried activating your drone using your phone connected to LTE ? Not WiFi ! . If that doesn’t work, if you have a pc or Mac try to activate the drone using the DJI assistant 2 for mavic air 2 found on this page https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic. If that doesn’t work return your drone for another one.

I just connected mine to the dji assistant 2, how do I activate it now?
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_6MQKEUu9ID7G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81319 ft
Canada

having the same issue too
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_6MQKEUu9ID7G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81319 ft
Canada

KevWRyd Posted at 5-16 10:15
0xffe Error

Same activation issue too. Picked up mine from Omniview tech in mississuaga, yesterday
2020-5-16
Use props
dari_017
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jguff330gmail.com Posted at 5-16 12:45
I just connected mine to the dji assistant 2, how do I activate it now?

First thing you do , once you install DJI assistant 2 for the mavic air 2 , sign in with your account then connect your air 2to your pc with the program opened , then once connected turn the drone on and follow instructions .
2020-5-16
Use props
jguff330gmail.com
lvl.1

United States

dari_017 Posted at 5-16 12:55
First thing you do , once you install DJI assistant 2 for the mavic air 2 , sign in with your account then connect your air 2to your pc with the program opened , then once connected turn the drone on and follow instructions .

I did that.  Under connected devices it says mavic air 2, I click on it, and it just shows the firmware, log export, calibration, simulator.
2020-5-16
Use props
dari_017
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansf7d38254 Posted at 5-16 12:41
I actually had to do the computer way on my Mavic air 1

Thanks for the advice I’m gonna try it on the Mavic air 2 and hopefully won’t get the 0xffc error

No problem hopefully it works, I know how frustrating it can be wanting to fly and not being able because of activation . I’ve always found Assistant on the computer to be far more stable than the DJI go 4 app or the new fly app . I use it always to update firmware and activate now exclusively.
2020-5-16
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156709 ft
United States

Activated mine no problem from Bestbuy, sorry guys hopefully they will correct the issue.
2020-5-16
Use props
fansef10dd65
lvl.1
United States

jguff330gmail.com Posted at 5-16 12:58
I did that.  Under connected devices it says mavic air 2, I click on it, and it just shows the firmware, log export, calibration, simulator.

Same here for me. Not sure how to activate using DJI Assistant 2. If I click "Refresh" it seems to be re-downloading the same firmware version which it claims to already be installed.

2020-5-16
Use props
dari_017
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jguff330gmail.com Posted at 5-16 12:58
I did that.  Under connected devices it says mavic air 2, I click on it, and it just shows the firmware, log export, calibration, simulator.

Alright , well the last thing I could recommend is to refresh the firmware on the aircraft using assistant 2 then turn it off , unplug from, connect to your phone again and try activation one more time , if it is a no go , replace for another one . Good luck !

2020-5-16
Use props
fansf7d38254
lvl.1
United Kingdom

dari_017 Posted at 5-16 13:04
Alright , well the last thing I could recommend is to refresh the firmware on the aircraft using assistant 2 then turn it off , unplug from, connect to your phone again and try activation one more time , if it is a no go , replace for another one . Good luck !

Tried that, didn’t work. Thanks for trying to help.

I just can’t beleive it’s a hardware problem......

Very strange that they would sacrifice all the money exchanging units just for a registration issue...... hmmm something doesn’t seem right.
2020-5-16
Use props
fansef10dd65
lvl.1
United States

fansf7d38254 Posted at 5-16 13:13

I'm downloading the firmware again using DJI Assistant 2... it's very slow likely due to my network. You said you already tried reflashing the same firmware again via DJI Assistant 2 and it did not help with activation. Given that, I will stop trying this since I agree that re-applying the same firmware should not really help with activation and should not unlock the ability to activate using DJI Assistant 2.
Also, after watching videos on activating via this desktop application for other DJI products, there seems to be a pop-up which automatically prompts you to activate which we are not seeing with the Mavic Air 2.
2020-5-16
Use props
dari_017
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sorry about that , those solutions worked for me in the past , I thought they would work for you . Yeah you are right something is not right , too many people with this issue . Hopefully a moderator can chime in on this thread and solve the issue, if I remember correctly people having activation issues back when the Spark was released , were getting it fix by telling the moderators on the forum , they were changing something on their accounts, and after that  they were able to activate, I’m not sure if they can do with Air 2 . It sucks having to send something back because of an activation issue .
2020-5-16
Use props
Louisianaphoto
lvl.1
United States

I agree.  Who's to say if we were to all send ours back we wouldn't be dealing with the same issue on replacements?  There has to be a systematic way for them to fix this problem.  I posted something on their Twitter page, wonder how long before they delete or "hide" it. C'mon DJI, get this fixed!  

I tried the DJI Assistant through the PC and the only thing I was able to do was calibrate and even refreshed the FW on both the drone and the controller.  Nothing is working.  
2020-5-16
Use props
Flazz95
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6703 ft
Denmark

I am get my replacement on monday, but that is from the same batch, send to my local store here in Denmark. So I am not that confident that the problem is solved. But still crossing my fingers!
2020-5-16
Use props
Flazz95
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6703 ft
Denmark

Interresting to see if they are recalling any unsold units based on some list of serialnumbers with this error. Or if we will see this problem for many weeks to come.
2020-5-16
Use props
fansa497f59d
lvl.2
United States

I gave you all a couple solutions yesterday on another thread , but never got an answer if somebody tried . I’ve been flying drones DJI drones since the Phantom 3 days , and I’ve encountered this problem on a couple of DJI drones , but always ended up fixing them . So let me try again have you tried activating your drone using your phone connected to LTE ? Not WiFi ! . If that doesn’t work, if you have a pc or Mac try to activate the drone using the DJI assistant 2 for mavic air 2 found on this page https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic. If that doesn’t work return your drone for another one.

Tried using LTE only, tried WiFi only, tried both iOS and Android, tried DJI go app, tried assistant 2 on pc (but that doesn’t have an activation option). Tried reinstalling app, clearing app data cache, etc. Nothing worked.
2020-5-16
Use props
dari_017
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansa497f59d Posted at 5-16 14:16
Tried using LTE only, tried WiFi only, tried both iOS and Android, tried DJI go app, tried assistant 2 on pc (but that doesn’t have an activation option). Tried reinstalling app, clearing app data cache, etc. Nothing worked.

Like I said in my post reply to the other person above. If all else fails exchange now or return and wait for new batches , also I forgot to say if you have an iPad or android tablet , try with the tablet , you guys are trying to not have to go thru the ordeal of return , might as well try as many options as possible before doing that.
2020-5-16
Use props
tom_90
lvl.1
Austria

I have the same issue. Tried it with 3 different phones. (iphone 11 pro, 6s, Samsung S10).  Wifi & LTE.
2020-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules