25134 220 2020-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa497f59d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31647 ft
United States

Flazz95 Posted at 5-16 13:41
I am get my replacement on monday, but that is from the same batch, send to my local store here in Denmark. So I am not that confident that the problem is solved. But still crossing my fingers!

Let us know if the replacement works!
2020-5-16
Use props
Unhappy Pilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31647 ft
United States

Was told by email that their engineers in China are looking at the issue...who knows how far out a solution is.
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_zsCxxvOHiXTM
lvl.1

United States

Unhappy Pilot Posted at 5-16 18:16
Was told by email that their engineers in China are looking at the issue...who knows how far out a solution is.

Let’s hope someone fixes it, but I’m super depressed... I was going to use this to film a special graduation tribute for my the senior class at my work..
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_zsCxxvOHiXTM
lvl.1

United States

Unhappy Pilot Posted at 5-16 18:16

Let’s hope someone fixes it, but I’m super depressed... I was going to use this to film a special graduation tribute for my the senior class at my work..
2020-5-16
Use props
fans19574fbb
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Precisely the same error message here as well. Bought direct from DJI. I have tried 4G/WiFi and iPhone/iPad. Nothing works. Very disappointed in DJI
2020-5-17
Use props
fans3bf3d4a8
New
United Kingdom

Anyone managed to resolve it yet? or are we waiting for someone to go into work at DJI tomorrow and flick the switch?
2020-5-17
Use props
djiuser_mTdZDIxhaHnK
lvl.1

United States

fans3bf3d4a8 Posted at 5-17 07:43
Anyone managed to resolve it yet? or are we waiting for someone to go into work at DJI tomorrow and flick the switch?

I think we are all getting the same thing. "Send it in for a replacement" which super sucks because most of us were either the first to order or some (like myself) even preordered and now we will be at the back of the line...
2020-5-17
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

I'd send it back, but not for replacement but for money back. Wait until the root cause is known and problem fixed, then order again from anyone which has it in stock. There are many with stock who ship next day instead of DJI 12-17 work days.
2020-5-17
Use props
jguff330gmail.com
lvl.1

United States

DJI replied to my email saying "Regarding the activation code error, we strongly recommend processing replacement for your unit.  Sorry for the inconvenience. DJI North America would like to assist with the exchange process."
2020-5-17
Use props
djiuser_YJH1MzWc32ba
lvl.1

Croatia

Same ... with mine

Obivously we all did fw update before activate
2020-5-17
Use props
phiko
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124757 ft

United States

djiuser_XDa4g8ZaNJ3C Posted at 5-16 08:04
1WNBH4E00200K9
I hope you can help

Same activation problem . My S/N 3N3BH4A00200CR
2020-5-17
Use props
phiko
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124757 ft

United States

djiuser_XDa4g8ZaNJ3C Posted at 5-16 08:04
1WNBH4E00200K9
I hope you can help

Same activation problem . My S/N 3N3BH4A00200CR
2020-5-17
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

You really all did firmware update first, then activation?
2020-5-17
Use props
fansf7d38254
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Just spoke to DJI support.

Have to send back for a replacement unit. What a joke

Deffinately something not right here.

They must have messed up big time to be receiving all these replacements with no questions asked
2020-5-18
Use props
InvisibleName 7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

Received my MA2 on Sunday - FW update, activation & Binding all went without a hitch! (Purchased from Amazon UK)
2020-5-18
Use props
tom_90
lvl.1
Austria

I had the same error and today i went to the store for a replacement.

After charging the Batteries (Drone & RC) and reinstalling the app, i started the setup. I made sure that the activation took place before the update and everything worked just fine. The Activation took only seconds.

in summary: It is indispensable to activate it before updating it. I assume, if done the other way round, that is the reason for the error. But its definitely a mistake of dji, because it should be possible despite the update.
2020-5-18
Use props
djiuser_6MQKEUu9ID7G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81319 ft
Canada

tom_90 Posted at 5-18 03:33
I had the same error and today i went to the store for a replacement.

After charging the Batteries (Drone & RC) and reinstalling the app, i started the setup. I made sure that the activation took place before the update and everything worked just fine. The Activation took only seconds.

Sorry but disagree.  I activated mine BEFORE updating firmware on the mavic air 2 and the controller and it didnt activate.  Then i thought maybe i should have updated first before activation and i updated then tried again and it didnt work. I believe there are batches of the mavic air 2 that works and some that dont.
2020-5-18
Use props
djiuser_6MQKEUu9ID7G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81319 ft
Canada

KevWRyd Posted at 5-16 10:15
Purchased @ Omniview Tech (Canada)
0xffe Error
Serial Number:  3N3BH4Q00201V3

Hey have you contacted omniview tech yet?
2020-5-18
Use props
Louisianaphoto
lvl.1
United States

I received instructions to send mine back to DJI this morning and they will send a replacement.  Still baffled at why these units cannot be activated.  
2020-5-18
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

djiuser_6MQKEUu9ID7G Posted at 5-18 05:17
Sorry but disagree.  I activated mine BEFORE updating firmware on the mavic air 2 and the controller and it didnt activate.  Then i thought maybe i should have updated first before activation and i updated then tried again and it didnt work. I believe there are batches of the mavic air 2 that works and some that dont.

Partially agree. It seems when you first tried to activate you might just have encountered server problems or internet connection failure. After unsuccessful binding you saw the update and updated the drone. After you again tried to activate, you bricked the drone and it's now blocked for anyone else but DJI engineers.
2020-5-18
Use props
Park Flyer
New

Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-16 03:22
Hi there, sorry for the troubles on activation, may we have your serial number for further support?

I have the same problem here in Germany. My S/N: 1WNBH4E002002C
2020-5-18
Use props
djiuser_UAHo5RJAA08N
New
Flight distance : 23038 ft
Germany

Louisianaphoto Posted at 5-18 06:23
I received instructions to send mine back to DJI this morning and they will send a replacement.  Still baffled at why these units cannot be activated.

Interesting ... what did they say exactly? Shall you send back the whole package including remote control, batteries, cables, etc. or just the copter itself?
2020-5-18
Use props
John Badillar
lvl.1

Chile

I went to the store where I bought the drone and they told me that on Saturday they received an email from their supplier indicating that some batches of the Mavic Air 2 drone came out with a defect, so they changed it for a new one and I was able to activate it without problems, it seems that the error is in the drone and not in its servers or in the firmware update.
2020-5-18
Use props
Flazz95
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6703 ft
Denmark

fansa497f59d Posted at 5-16 17:17
Let us know if the replacement works!

The replacement has been tested!
And it works!
From the same batch delivered, but no activation error. Works like a Mavic is supposed to
2020-5-18
Use props
Digi_t
lvl.2
Flight distance : 171719 ft
United Kingdom

Flazz95 Posted at 5-18 11:36
And it works!
From the same batch delivered, but no activation error. Works like a Mavic is supposed to

Another one here, got my MA2 from Apple UK delivered today and got the error, absolutely gutted.
2020-5-18
Use props
Digi_t
lvl.2
Flight distance : 171719 ft
United Kingdom

And it works!

Another one here, got my MA2 from Apple UK delivered today and got the error, absolutely gutted.
2020-5-18
Use props
djiuser_stewi
New
Germany

And it works!

Hi,

had the same issue with the activation of my brand new mavic air 2 by my Huawei Mate 10 lite.
Finally could fix it by using an ipad for the activation process. Installed the App and went through the activation. To my suprise it worked like a charm. Have to mention that I did not have the 0xffe error message before.

Hope this information helps someone to solve the  issue.
2020-5-18
Use props
fans70d47554
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-16 03:22
Hi there, sorry for the troubles on activation, may we have your serial number for further support?

Purchased from Apple and received 5/18 same activation error before and after firmware upgrade.  
SN:  3N3BH4G00201J5

2020-5-18
Use props
djiuser_EAZu51wfed7n
New

United States

Super frustrating!! I've never heard of this many recalls after first launching a product.
2020-5-18
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

iceman#1 Posted at 5-16 08:38
Any suggestion how to do it to avoid failures?

The process I went through:

Downloaded the correct version of Assistant 2. (it has been updated for the Mavic Air 2)

Charged each battery seperate from the single charger connection. Did not use the multicharge dock

Updated the FW on the Controller, Drone and each battery with the new Assistant Software. V2.0.12

Updated Flight Zones.

Set up drone with Apple 11Max Pro. Updated Fly app to correct version.

Made sure that Phone had good internet connectivity.

Opened updated fly App. It asked to Activate. And it activated in a few seconds. no issue.

2020-5-18
Use props
djiuser_01UeRKmKbr23
New

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-16 03:24
Hi all, for the activation issue, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support for clarification or reply to my post with your serial number, I will help check, thank you.

Hello I’m having troubles with the activation error 0xffe
My mavic air 2 serial number is 3N3BH4F00200MQ and I hope to find the fix and get it in the air because I got it yesterday and have been unable to fly, Thankyou for your help and please let me know!
2020-5-18
Use props
Louisianaphoto
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_UAHo5RJAA08N Posted at 5-18 10:03
Interesting ... what did they say exactly? Shall you send back the whole package including remote control, batteries, cables, etc. or just the copter itself?

Sending back the entire kit. They are sending me a replacement kit. I bought the fly more package. Got my shipping label today so off it goes tomorrow.
2020-5-18
Use props
djiuser_Qq1Kwlolhaem
lvl.1
Flight distance : 886 ft
United States

Same here... Hoping for some good news
2020-5-19
Use props
fans88148f5f
New

Australia

so disappointed, brand new , open from box, can’t activate ... feeling helpless error 0xffe
2775AE7B-0F92-4814-BB9B-477E9BADDBE6.png
2020-5-19
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

bjr981s Posted at 5-18 18:49
The process I went through:

Downloaded the correct version of Assistant 2. (it has been updated for the Mavic Air 2)

Seems like the new iOS fly app from yesterday is helping here. Because most user who are having the activation problem seems to have updated firmware previous to activation.
2020-5-19
Use props
DaniMac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 134649 ft
Italy

iceman#1 Posted at 5-19 03:20
Seems like the new iOS fly app from yesterday is helping here. Because most user who are having the activation problem seems to have updated firmware previous to activation.

didn't work for me. even with iOS app update.
2020-5-19
Use props
djiuser_wyuAKYd9lB1C
lvl.1
Flight distance : 145184 ft
United Kingdom

Just send it back. DJi don’t know or don’t want to know what is the problem. All what they are telling you just send it back...
2020-5-19
Use props
solution7
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-16 03:24
Hi all, for the activation issue, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support for clarification or reply to my post with your serial number, I will help check, thank you.

I am having the same issue and here is my serial # Serial # 3N3BH4A00200Z4  
2020-5-19
Use props
fans70d47554
New

United States

djiuser_wyuAKYd9lB1C Posted at 5-19 05:02
Just send it back. DJi don’t know or don’t want to know what is the problem. All what they are telling you just send it back...

I also had the activation error.  I spoke with support today and they said I need to send the MA2 back to where I bought the drone.  They assured me a software fix was in the works, with no delivery timing, and a replacement drone would not have the same problem.  

I'm not certain how assurances about a working drone can be made if it's a software issue that isn't resolved or why the issue can't be resolved remotely, if it is software related.  

Anyhow like you said, send it back.  Just wish I felt better about getting a drone back that will work.  $1000+ is a lot of money to spend when credibility and product quality are in question like this.
2020-5-19
Use props
Mavic_air_2_Ryan
New

United Kingdom

Recieved my mavic air 2 from Currys (Massive UK Company) authorised .  Today same issue as everyone else during this crisis of covid 19 i cant simply return it to the shop for exchange
@admin is there something getting done about this issue 100s of people paying nearly £1000 for a drone coming brand new and cant even fly them

theres seems to be very little reply from support on this forum i have contacted you today threw the app on my iphone threw support on the website everything and absolutely no reply's whatsoever
i did not expect such a bad customer experience when buying such a expensive item

2020-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules