Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Activation Error (0xffe)
8295 193 5-15 11:45
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Digi_t
lvl.3
Flight distance : 137612 ft
United Kingdom

Wilson!!!,!, Posted at 5-27 13:35
Hello. I bought Mavic Air 2 and this message pops up 0xffe. It was purchased though Argos and the serial number is 1WNBH4H00201K1.
The forums are saying it has to be replaced. Is this correct? Or can you do something?

Get Argos to exchange it - nothing can be done to get the one you have working unless it’s returned to DJI.
5-27 23:31
Use props
bjr981s
First Officer
Flight distance : 117290 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Bytebaer Posted at 5-20 09:57
In the german forum some who had their MA2s replaced tried it with the new one and were successful, if they activated the drone before doing the firmware update.
Sent mine in yesterday for replacement and am now waiting.

I updated FW, Fight Zones and Assistant 2 software Yes there is a new version for the Mavic Air 2. V2.012.

Combo: No issue activating after updating FW.

5-28 03:54
Use props
djiuser_6AqYb3wHB8yb
New

Indonesia

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-16 03:24
Hi all, for the activation issue, please reply to my post with your serial number or PM me, I will help check, or you could also contact our support team www.dji.com/support for further assistance, thank you in advance.

My DJI Mavic Air 2 S/N 1WNBH4A00200R3 also can not activate drone using DJI Fly?
5-28 07:34
Use props
djiuser_L460D2Pgm0E5
New
Belarus

Hi all, for the activation issue, please reply to my post with your serial number or PM me, I will help check, or you could also contact our support team www.dji.com/support for further assistance, thank you in advance.

The same issue, S/N 1WNBH5600201FW, please reply ASAP
5-28 08:13
Use props
fans413f2019
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13783 ft
United Kingdom

I’m having the same issue sn: 1WNBH3R002001M I tried to go through amazons replacement options but it sent me to dji support. I’ve spent 3 days trying to get this sorted out with support and all I want it a replacement that works.
5-29 12:25
Use props
djiuser_gkv6UloOWe35
lvl.1
Flight distance : 559416 ft
Sweden

Dewwa Posted at 5-20 03:17
No problems with Comb!Buy in sweden

I bought the MA2 in Sweden... DJI Stockholm and its faulty with that same error, now i have returned it and still waiting for DJI in NL to open the package... probably getting my money back and wait for DJI to fix this massiv issue with the MA2
5-30 00:12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft

fans413f2019 Posted at 5-29 12:25
I’m having the same issue sn: 1WNBH3R002001M I tried to go through amazons replacement options but it sent me to dji support. I’ve spent 3 days trying to get this sorted out with support and all I want it a replacement that works.

Hi there, we apologize that you have the same problem, if the reseller doesn't help to replace the drone, we will help.
I see our support team has created the replacement case for you, please send back at your most convenience and we will send you a replacement as soon as possible.
6-1 04:34
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

djiuser_L460D2Pgm0E5 Posted at 5-28 08:13
The same issue, S/N 1WNBH5600201FW, please reply ASAP

We apologize for the activation issue, please contact your reseller or DJI support team www.dji.com/support for the replacement service.
6-1 04:36
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

djiuser_6AqYb3wHB8yb Posted at 5-28 07:34
My DJI Mavic Air 2 S/N 1WNBH4A00200R3 also can not activate drone using DJI Fly?

Hi there, sorry for the late response, the drone needs a replacement service, please contact your seller or DJI support www.dji.com/support for further assistance. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.
6-1 04:37
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

Wilson!!!,!, Posted at 5-27 13:35
Hello. I bought Mavic Air 2 and this message pops up 0xffe. It was purchased though Argos and the serial number is 1WNBH4H00201K1.
The forums are saying it has to be replaced. Is this correct? Or can you do something?

Sorry for the activation issue Wilson, please contact Argos for a replacement drone, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
6-1 04:40
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

andreidanadrian Posted at 5-27 11:59
Hi DJI Mindy, having the same problem here is, my S/N: 1WNBH41002034F
When I try to activate it, I receive the following error: "Device activation prohibited.Contact DJI Support for assistance (1112)
Could you please, help me with this? I updated the firmware.

Hi andreidanadrian, sorry that your drone needs a replacement service too, please contact your reseller to DJI support for further assistance.
6-1 04:42
Use props
djiuser_28F8OQBknAt1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 269409 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-24 19:02
Hi Alex, sorry to know you have the same problem, it is not a software issue and it cannot be solved remotely, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused, please contact DJI support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket for the replacement service.

Are these issues resolved? I was just about to buy one on Amazon and saw lots of people having problems.

6-1 11:09
Use props
Opteryx_Air
lvl.1
Flight distance : 886 ft
United States

I sent mine back to my seller. It's a business I buy a lot of my R/C products from. I feel bad, and hope that DJI takes care of all the costs on my seller's end. I don't know when I will be getting a replacement quite yet.
6-2 06:51
Use props
fans52741342
lvl.1

United States

Just got my MA2 from Apple and it hit this issue trying to activate.  Already on its way back to Apple who is sending a replacement.   A little concerned there is a bad batch out there and the replacement unit will also fail to activate.   Is there any indication what is causing this?   I did upgrade my firmware first thing, should I wait on the replacement until it activates?   
6-2 08:29
Use props
digison08
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16617 ft
United States

Same issue here, got from Apple. Having it returned
6-2 16:13
Use props
digison08
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16617 ft
United States

fans52741342 Posted at 6-2 08:29
Just got my MA2 from Apple and it hit this issue trying to activate.  Already on its way back to Apple who is sending a replacement.   A little concerned there is a bad batch out there and the replacement unit will also fail to activate.   Is there any indication what is causing this?   I did upgrade my firmware first thing, should I wait on the replacement until it activates?

Thank goodness APPLE is quick about it. Mine is being returned today when fedex comes to pickup my dud. I then went back to APPLE customer support and told them there is a bad batch of drones out there in the wild including their store, and they should make note to contact DJI to ensure the drones they have are not faulty according to serial number. I pressed the point and the guy on customer service was like dont worry we made note of this and pass the note along to shipping. (We will see )
6-3 01:07
Use props
fans8b8dec7f
lvl.1
Luxembourg

I just received my Drone and am facing the sam issue of activating it, what should I do, this is my first drone from DJI and am already starting to regret it, if this could be sorted out very soon I will be greatful. Thank you.
Serial number (1WNBH4T00200EZ)
6-3 22:36
Use props
tbhausen
lvl.2
United States

I ordered direct from DJI on launch night, received about May 13th, had no problems. Those having problems are probably a very small fraction of purchasers and many of us are converging here. Wish I could offer some help and good luck to all for a quick resolution!

Edit: I don't see the MA2 icon but I'm sure I've activated... Won't be able to fly until next week.

6-4 03:37
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

fans8b8dec7f Posted at 6-3 22:36
I just received my Drone and am facing the sam issue of activating it, what should I do, this is my first drone from DJI and am already starting to regret it, if this could be sorted out very soon I will be greatful. Thank you.
Serial number (1WNBH4T00200EZ)

Sorry about that, please contact your reseller for a replacement service. Or please contact DJI support www.dji.com/support for further assistance.
6-4 05:11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

djiuser_28F8OQBknAt1 Posted at 6-1 11:09
Are these issues resolved? I was just about to buy one on Amazon and saw lots of people having problems.

Only a small batch of Mavic Air 2 has this issue, we have done our best to eliminate it, hope your drone is working fine. If there is any problem, please keep us updated.
6-4 05:13
Use props
Powie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 269409 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-4 05:13
Only a small batch of Mavic Air 2 has this issue, we have done our best to eliminate it, hope your drone is working fine. If there is any problem, please keep us updated.

I got mine today from Amazon - did not update firmware first, got it activated, got the DJI Care Refresh, upgraded firmware, and took my first flight ever in the back yard while I get used to  flying. Can't wait to do some more when the other batteries charge!

6-4 16:12
Use props
Louisianaphoto
lvl.1
United States

After weeks of dealing with all this, I finally got my replacement and was able to get through the registration and FW updates. I’m now ready to fly. Thank God this saga is over for me. Good luck to all of you still dealing with this.
6-5 07:47
Use props
ITEM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 243885 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

I think this is a firmware bug. The dron comes with an earlier firmware version, than this: v01.00.0113.
Activation does not work with the following firmware versions: v01.00.0113 - v01.00.0130

6-5 15:56
Use props
Opteryx_Air
lvl.1
Flight distance : 886 ft
United States

Happy to hear this seems mostly resolved. My seller is still waiting to hear from DJI regarding the original unit I shipped back. Hopefully I'll have a working unit sometime this month.
6-11 03:26
Use props
fans8b8dec7f
lvl.1
Luxembourg

I was instructed by DJI to send my Drone back to them,  UPS picked it up and delivered according to the tracking number I have, after two weeks I called to verify or an update on whats happening, Gave my case snumber and was told it was not in the database as delivered yet but might take sometime for it to be recorded. No idea when this will be recorded let alone send a replacement.
This is my first DJI product and am really starting to regret it.
6-15 04:20
Use props
maikefab
lvl.1

Italy

error 0xffe

Sorry but on activation of my new mavic air 2 the system send me the error: 0xffe
S/N 1WNBH3S00202PZ
could you help me?
6-15 10:13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

maikefab Posted at 6-15 10:13
Sorry but on activation of my new mavic air 2 the system send me the error: 0xffe
S/N 1WNBH3S00202PZ
could you help me?

Sorry for the late response, we have detected an abnormal activation of your aircraft and unfortunately, it cannot be solved remotely. It is recommended to contact your reseller or DJI support www.dji.com/support for the replacement service, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
6-18 01:47
Use props
luhua
lvl.3
United States

Got mine back from replacement, took about 2 weeks but the new unit works great
6-18 09:08
Use props
djiuser_3i37aaTIKmLS
lvl.1

Mexico

Same problem here I just receive from Amazon the mavic air 2. S/N 3N3BH4G00201EN
6-23 19:28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

djiuser_3i37aaTIKmLS Posted at 6-23 19:28
Same problem here I just receive from Amazon the mavic air 2. S/N 3N3BH4G00201EN

I'm sorry for the late response and the issue with the activation, the drone needs to be replaced, please contact Amazon for the replacement drone, we apologize for the inconvenience caused.
7-4 02:09
Use props
djiuser_ZXpfL3GgsBz8
lvl.1

Brazil

Nunca mais comprarei um DJI impossível ativar, o suporte da DJi não responde.
7-9 06:20
Use props
djiuser_ZXpfL3GgsBz8
lvl.1

Brazil

Nunca mais comprar um DJI impossível ativar, o suporte da DJi não responde. Comprei na Bangood 40 dias para chegar no meu País. Lamentável
Já tive Phantom, Mavic pro 2. Hoje tenho o Mavic Mini e esse que não Ativa.
IMG-20200709-WA0049.jpeg
7-9 06:20
Use props
brandonqualls
lvl.1
United States

Hello,
I’m having the same issue with activating a new drone from Best Buy. SN is 3N3BH4Q00200CH

I attached a photo of the SN. Thanks!
image.jpg
7-18 17:11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

brandonqualls Posted at 7-18 17:11
Hello,
I’m having the same issue with activating a new drone from Best Buy. SN is 3N3BH4Q00200CH

Unfortunately, your drone also needs a replacement service, please contact your reseller or DJI support www.dji.com/support for assistance. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
7-19 01:55
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules