Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Activation Error (0xffe)
123456Next >
25102 220 2020-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa497f59d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31647 ft
United States

Getting an activation error with this brand new drone. Bought from an authorized dealer (B&H), so think twice before trying to copy/paste the same stolen drone reply you’ve been giving on other forum posts. This is a $1000 brick.
2020-5-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, for the activation issue, please reply to my post with your serial number or PM me, I will help check, or you could also contact our support team www.dji.com/support for further assistance, thank you in advance.
2020-5-16
Use props
DubSound
lvl.4
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not sure why you'd get stolen drone replies :S But I don't suppose you have another device you could try and use to activate? Mine error'd out the first time I tried activating but the second time worked fine.
2020-5-15
Use props
MisterFrag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

Dude, chill out. I tried to help you out and looked for other reports of the same error code, and saw several responses from DJI moderators with their explanation. Nobody is accusing you of being a thief, nor B&H. For what it's worth, I got my Mavic Air 2 from B&H as well.

If DJI responds here, my guess is it's going to be the same as in the other thread I had linked to. I'm sure it's a mistake, but there isn't anything the community can do for you, you will have to work this out with DJI and B&H.
2020-5-15
Use props
fansa497f59d
lvl.2
United States

DubSound Posted at 5-15 11:47
Not sure why you'd get stolen drone replies :S But I don't suppose you have another device you could try and use to activate? Mine error'd out the first time I tried activating but the second time worked fine.

I don’t have another device that the Fly app works on. Seems to be an issue on DJIs end. There are reports going back as far as 2016 with the same issue.
2020-5-15
Use props
Six
lvl.2
Flight distance : 350486 ft
United Kingdom

My Air 2 arrived today and I also have the same problem. Tried WiFi, cellular, app reinstall and on two different iPhones with no luck. Very annoying to have the drone here but unable to fly, hmmm
2020-5-15
Use props
fansa497f59d
lvl.2
United States

MisterFrag Posted at 5-15 12:07
Dude, chill out. I tried to help you out and looked for other reports of the same error code, and saw several responses from DJI moderators with their explanation. Nobody is accusing you of being a thief, nor B&H. For what it's worth, I got my Mavic Air 2 from B&H as well.

If DJI responds here, my guess is it's going to be the same as in the other thread I had linked to. I'm sure it's a mistake, but there isn't anything the community can do for you, you will have to work this out with DJI and B&H.

On basically every other forum response DJI Admins say that the drone was purchased from a retailer with stolen products (an unauthorized dealer). Just trying to shoot down that response before I get it too. It has to be some issue with DJI servers today.
2020-5-15
Use props
fansa497f59d
lvl.2
United States

Six Posted at 5-15 12:16
My Air 2 arrived today and I also have the same problem. Tried WiFi, cellular, app reinstall and on two different iPhones with no luck. Very annoying to have the drone here but unable to fly, hmmm

Yeah. Seems like all other forum posts of this issue were today. Possibly something with servers today. I was on hold for 1.5 hrs with DJI support and finally got through. They had no idea how to fix it and said to send an email to support.us@dji.com. I’d recommend you do the same. Include serial number, place of purchase, screenshot of error. Looks like we won’t be flying for a while though...
2020-5-15
Use props
fansa497f59d
lvl.2
United States

For any DJI admins reading this, my serial number is 3N3BH4A00201KW. Please activate this $1000 lifeless hunk of plastic.
2020-5-15
Use props
Louisianaphoto
lvl.1
United States

You’re not alone. I bought my Mavic air 2 from an authorized DJI seller and have the same error zero help so far. After I explained the problem it was like they were baffled and had never heard of this problem before. The retailer will take it back but it’s extremely frustrating.
2020-5-15
Use props
Louisianaphoto
lvl.1
United States

You’re not alone. I bought my Mavic air 2 from an authorized DJI seller and have the same error zero help so far. After I explained the problem it was like they were baffled and had never heard of this problem before. The retailer will take it back but it’s extremely frustrating.
2020-5-15
Use props
fansa497f59d
lvl.2
United States

Louisianaphoto Posted at 5-15 14:25

When was the first time you tried to activate?

And yeah, I’d have to wait at least a few weeks for a new drone because everyones backordered. Don’t want to return if they can fix their server...
2020-5-15
Use props
John Badillar
lvl.1

Chile

i have the same problem with mi new Mavic Air 2
2020-5-15
Use props
fansa497f59d
lvl.2
United States

John Badillar Posted at 5-15 16:22
i have the same problem with mi new Mavic Air 2

Where did you buy it from and when did you first try to activate?
2020-5-15
Use props
John Badillar
lvl.1

Chile

fansa497f59d Posted at 5-15 16:57
Where did you buy it from and when did you first try to activate?

In KillStore Chile, and i tried just today 3 hours ago, maybe it’s just a problem with the DJI servers
2020-5-15
Use props
djiuser_0WrbLhURnsK3
lvl.1

Canada

Having the exact same error, purchased from the largest dealer in Canada, they are saying that DJI is missing some of their own serial numbers in their system and they have to be added before the drone can be activated. The 0xffe error comes up on the Binding to Account portion of the activation. I also got an Invalid device error that I missed the first time round. This is unacceptable for  a large company
2020-5-15
Use props
fansa497f59d
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_0WrbLhURnsK3 Posted at 5-15 19:36
Having the exact same error, purchased from the largest dealer in Canada, they are saying that DJI is missing some of their own serial numbers in their system and they have to be added before the drone can be activated. The 0xffe error comes up on the Binding to Account portion of the activation. I also got an Invalid device error that I missed the first time round. This is unacceptable for  a large company

Was told by DJI staff that I need to get a replacement drone...
2020-5-15
Use props
John Badillar
lvl.1

Chile

if someone got a solution, please tell us
2020-5-15
Use props
djiuser_mTdZDIxhaHnK
lvl.1

United States

I contacted DJI both through the live chat and the DJI support Twitter, both told me that I needed a replacement. I still can't help but feel like the probability of all of these drones being DOA is super unlikely and it is far more likely that their servers crashed, especially since the drones that have gone out before today have been fine.
2020-5-15
Use props
fansa497f59d
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_mTdZDIxhaHnK Posted at 5-15 20:15
I contacted DJI both through the live chat and the DJI support Twitter, both told me that I needed a replacement. I still can't help but feel like the probability of all of these drones being DOA is super unlikely and it is far more likely that their servers crashed, especially since the drones that have gone out before today have been fine.

I agree. I purchased a new one through Walmart anyway (they're the only ones with delivery within a week). I'll cancel that order if this one starts working. Sucks though
2020-5-15
Use props
djiuser_nVlMsevik0CA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 134649 ft
Italy

I got mine Minic Air 2 from dji online store. Same problem.
2020-5-15
Use props
DJItopfan20
New

Spain

Same problem in a purchase from amazon. I'll wait a few days if there is a solution and otherwise I'll return back
2020-5-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry for the troubles on activation, may we have your serial number for further support?
2020-5-16
Use props
Petri Uusinarkaus
lvl.1

Finland

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-16 03:24
Hi all, for the activation issue, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support for clarification or reply to my post with your serial number, I will help check, thank you.

Hi, please check the status of my drone as I have this same problem with activation. SN: 1WNBH4U00200TK. I bought the drone directly via DJI online store.
2020-5-16
Use props
Six
lvl.2
Flight distance : 350486 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-16 03:22
Hi there, sorry for the troubles on activation, may we have your serial number for further support?
Thanks for the offer of help. I’m having this issue, my SN: 1WNBH4100202B4 I purchased direct from DJI store and the Air 2 arrived yesterday here in the UK

2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_qTT3eiQLXsB9
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I'm having same issue for activation - bought from Currys and DJI support told me it was stolen
2020-5-16
Use props
fansb20ef74a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97579 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-16 03:24
Hi all, for the activation issue, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support for clarification or reply to my post with your serial number, I will help check, thank you.

Hi DJI Mindy.
I have the same 0xffe Activation Error and I purchased my Mavic Air 2 from Jessops.com online in the UK.
Everything went okay until I tried to activate.
My serial number is 1WNBH4F00201VM.
My gut feeling is that the server is down or DJI have not entered all relevant info on the server. I have already tried using an alternative DJI account, alternative iPhone but I encounter the same error in each case.
Incidentally, I also own an original Mavic Air and had no problems with it, although it obviously uses DJI GO 4 rather than DJI FLY.
2020-5-16
Use props
fansb20ef74a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97579 ft
United Kingdom

Hi DJI Mindy.
I have the same 0xffe Activation Error and I purchased my Mavic Air 2 from Jessops.com online in the UK.
Everything went okay until I tried to activate.
My serial number is 1WNBH4F00201VM.
My gut feeling is that the server is down or DJI have not entered all relevant info on the server. I have already tried using an alternative DJI account, alternative iPhone but I encounter the same error in each case.
Incidentally, I also own an original Mavic Air and had no problems with it, although it obviously uses DJI GO 4 rather than DJI FLY.
2020-5-16
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

I just had an idea. May this be related to the new fly app version 1.1.0 as non of the YouTube reviewers reported such problem. They were using a beta app for activation and first flights. Anyone can get hold of that app to test it?
Also the German drone forum is full of people having that issue.
2020-5-16
Use props
kiphardgmail.com
New
Flight distance : 210 ft
Germany

The same problem, no activation possible. Wrote an e-Mail to support. Listen DJI, you are World-leader in drones, you have quality management for sure, everybody is very angry aboute this issue.
2020-5-16
Use props
John Badillar
lvl.1

Chile

Hi! Same problem, the serial number of my drone is 3N3BH4F002019J
2020-5-16
Use props
DaniMac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 134649 ft
Italy

Mavic Air 2  bought on store.dji.com.  SN 1wnbh4t002019k

2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_oOmvsk3nvZsA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1086 ft
Germany

Hi there, sorry for the troubles on activation, may we have your serial number for further support?

Hi,

Same problem here in Germany. My Serialnumber: 1WNBH5500201M6

Hope you find a software fix. Bought it directly in the DJI store..

Alex
2020-5-16
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_nVlMsevik0CA Posted at 5-15 22:16
I got mine Minic Air 2 from dji online store. Same problem.

Did you install the FW Updates on Remote and Drone before you tried to activate?
2020-5-16
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

bjr981s Posted at 5-16 06:50
Did you install the FW Updates on Remote and Drone before you tried to activate?

Yes. Problem still persistent. Also updated via DJI Assistant won't help
2020-5-16
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

iceman#1 Posted at 5-16 06:57
Yes. Problem still persistent. Also updated via DJI Assistant won't help

Yes but did you update the FW before you tried to activate?
2020-5-16
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

bjr981s Posted at 5-16 07:01
Yes but did you update the FW before you tried to activate?

Some yes, some not. Seems not to make a difference
2020-5-16
Use props
Blair Nicholson
New

Australia

I Bought mine from a DJI Fly store today in Australia and have the same issues I updated everything before I tried to activate but with the same issues
2020-5-16
Use props
fansd56ffe27
New

France

Have you any news ?
2020-5-16
Use props
iceman#1
lvl.3
Germany

Anybody tried activation before software update?
2020-5-16
Use props
123456Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules