Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Activation Error (0xffe)
25113 220 2020-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
baysikh
New

United States

Long story short, had the same problem. Tried on 2 different phones (iphone/android). Tried logging in before doing the firmware update. No go. Was on support chat for an entire hour. They kept escalating the issue...even though I'm sure they've all heard it by now. Finally got a replacement label sent to email, going back tomorrow! Hope the new one has wings like Redbull!
2020-5-19
Use props
fans19574fbb
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I reported the problem on Monday and they said someone would be in touch to arrange a replacement. Still not heard anything back. Terrible customer service given how expensive this item is
2020-5-20
Use props
MALICE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31266 ft
United States

How many people in here that are having that problem purchased the Fly more combo? Im seeing under certain posts of the ones having this issue are the ones who got the fly more combo. I'm curious
2020-5-20
Use props
Mavic_air_2_Ryan
New

United Kingdom

MALICE Posted at 5-20 02:32
How many people in here that are having that problem purchased the Fly more combo? Im seeing under certain posts of the ones having this issue are the ones who got the fly more combo. I'm curious

i purchased fly more Malice
2020-5-20
Use props
Dewwa
lvl.3
Sweden

MALICE Posted at 5-20 02:32
How many people in here that are having that problem purchased the Fly more combo? Im seeing under certain posts of the ones having this issue are the ones who got the fly more combo. I'm curious

No problems with Comb!Buy in sweden
2020-5-20
Use props
Bytebaer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1086 ft
Germany

In the german forum some who had their MA2s replaced tried it with the new one and were successful, if they activated the drone before doing the firmware update.
Sent mine in yesterday for replacement and am now waiting.

Really seems to be an issue with firmware update and then activating... why is this not a topic on youtube? Are all MA2 streamers promoters????
2020-5-20
Use props
Valpen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13613556 ft
Norway

Combo - no problem with battery charging or activation (purchased in Norway).
2020-5-20
Use props
djiuser_uglVVaWIwDzX
lvl.1
United States

I’m having the same issue and I bought mine from bestbuy it’s BS cause I lost money today almost a thousand dollars because I really on DJI been one of the best companies so I’m out on $1000 because I had a photo shoot today and I was going to use this drone, get there go to activate it after receiving it today 3 hrs ago and doesn’t work error code 0xffe I just want my money back I’m done with DJI I’ll go buy the Autel Evo 2
4B53E9AC-D0EE-4FBD-B3B7-D4BCD790BB7E.png
2020-5-20
Use props
fanseabfed55
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1238734 ft
Mexico

Having the same problem. Tried first to activate it through my Galaxy Note 10+ and it says "Device activation prohibited. Contact DJI Support for assistance (1112)". So I contacted dji through their online chat and they are useless. So I read in the forums to try another phone. I used a iPhone 11 and I get a different message, which is the following "Server error. Activation failed. Check network or contact DJI Support for assistance (error code: 0xffe)". I bought my drone through ebay from the DJIofficialstore. As of right now DJI cant do nothing and im out $1000+ dollars. WTH is going on with DJI, has someone been able to fix this without going through the trouble of sending it back?
2020-5-20
Use props
fanseabfed55
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1238734 ft
Mexico

Having the same problem. Tried first to activate it through my Galaxy Note 10+ and it says "Device activation prohibited. Contact DJI Support for assistance (1112)". So I contacted dji through their online chat and they are useless. So I read in the forums to try another phone. I used a iPhone 11 and I get a different message, which is the following "Server error. Activation failed. Check network or contact DJI Support for assistance (error code: 0xffe)". I bought my drone through ebay from the DJIofficialstore. As of right now DJI cant do nothing and im out $1000+ dollars. WTH is going on with DJI, has someone been able to fix this without going through the trouble of sending it back?
2020-5-20
Use props
jackezra
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-16 03:24
Hi all, for the activation issue, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support for clarification or reply to my post with your serial number, I will help check, thank you.

Hi DJI Mindy, having the same problem, my S/N: 3N3BH4Q00204LW please help!!
2020-5-21
Use props
Tchoupitoulas
New
Flight distance : 23543 ft
United States

jackezra Posted at 5-21 16:00

Same here fwiw, Fly More Combo fro B&H, SN 3N3BH4F002015R.

Am arranging a replacement but like everyone else, just going to the end of a waiting list.
2020-5-21
Use props
djiuser_zsCxxvOHiXTM
lvl.1

United States

I had the same issue, Fly More Combo from B&H. The ones with issue have a defect and they have to be replaced. I needed it for a project, so I got the base model from Walmart while I was waiting to return the defective drone, second one works!
2020-5-22
Use props
djiuser_4qzELwjNa85g
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35548 ft
United States

Hi all, for the activation issue, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support for clarification or reply to my post with your serial number, I will help check, thank you.

Hi Mindy!
I am a new pilot and was very excited to get my Mavic Air 2. However, I also got the activation error message. However, I tried to fly my 1st flight this morning, and to my surprise it allowed me to take off and fly. Now I'm really nervous. Could you please verify that my Mavic Air 2, SN 3N3BH4D00200BT,  did activate correctly and linked to my account? I want to be safe and secure before trying to fly again.
Thank you,
David Sevey
2020-5-22
Use props
johnchanmk
New

Hong Kong

I got the same problem! Retried many times and still stuck at the activation step.
S/N: 1WNBH4900202PX
Such experience is really unacceptable for such a big company...
2020-5-23
Use props
johnchanmk
New

Hong Kong

I got the same problem! Retried many times and still stuck at the activation step.
2020-5-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Petri Uusinarkaus Posted at 5-16 03:29
Hi, please check the status of my drone as I have this same problem with activation. SN: 1WNBH4U00200TK. I bought the drone directly via DJI online store.

Hi Petri, I'm terribly sorry for the late response, unfortunately, an abnormal activation issue was detected and the drone needs to be sent back for the replacement service, please contact DJI support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket and we will arrange the replacement, sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2020-5-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_oOmvsk3nvZsA Posted at 5-16 06:41
Hi,

Same problem here in Germany. My Serialnumber: 1WNBH5500201M6

Hi Alex, sorry to know you have the same problem, it is not a software issue and it cannot be solved remotely, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused, please contact DJI support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket for the replacement service.
2020-5-24
Use props
djiuser_WIVwsAx8AQ8Q
New

United States

What a major disappointment! My first drone, and after reading about the various choices, the Mavic Air 2 seemed like the perfect first drone, with great specs for a reasonable price. I ordered from Amazon, got the Fly More Pack, and waited over a week for it to arrive. It came Friday on this holiday weekend, and I got the same DAMN activation error message that so many of you also got: “Server error.Activation failed.Check network or contact DJI Support for assistance (error code: 0xffe).” Of course, the lame DJI support is only weekdays, so I can’t even contact someone until next Tuesday. Can’t believe that with this product out since April, they haven’t fixed this - UNACCEPTABLE! Has ANYONE gotten a solution short of returning this?

If “DJI Minday” is still checking this thread, my serial number is 3N3BH4V00201FZ. Wish I’d have found this thread before blowing $1K on such a crap product. I’m tempted to just return this POS to Amazon, and go with a better company. This really sucks...
2020-5-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansa497f59d Posted at 5-15 12:50
For any DJI admins reading this, my serial number is 3N3BH4A00201KW. Please activate this $1000 lifeless hunk of plastic.

Hi there, I'm terribly sorry for the late response, we have detected an abnormal activation of your aircraft and unfortunately, it cannot be solved remotely. It is recommended to contact your reseller or DJI support http://dji.com/support for the replacement service, sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2020-5-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

John Badillar Posted at 5-16 05:24
Hi! Same problem, the serial number of my drone is 3N3BH4F002019J

Sorry to know you have the same problem, please contact your reseller for the replacement service, we apologize for the inconvenience caused.
2020-5-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansb20ef74a Posted at 5-16 03:47
Hi DJI Mindy.
I have the same 0xffe Activation Error and I purchased my Mavic Air 2 from Jessops.com online in the UK.
Everything went okay until I tried to activate.

Hi there, sorry for the late response and you have the same problem, it is not a server issue, the drone needs a replacement service, please contact your reseller for further assistance, we deeply apologize again for the inconvenience caused.
2020-5-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_WIVwsAx8AQ8Q Posted at 5-24 19:05
What a major disappointment! My first drone, and after reading about the various choices, the Mavic Air 2 seemed like the perfect first drone, with great specs for a reasonable price. I ordered from Amazon, got the Fly More Pack, and waited over a week for it to arrive. It came Friday on this holiday weekend, and I got the same DAMN activation error message that so many of you also got: “Server error.Activation failed.Check network or contact DJI Support for assistance (error code: 0xffe).” Of course, the lame DJI support is only weekdays, so I can’t even contact someone until next Tuesday. Can’t believe that with this product out since April, they haven’t fixed this - UNACCEPTABLE! Has ANYONE gotten a solution short of returning this?

If “DJI Minday” is still checking this thread, my serial number is 3N3BH4V00201FZ. Wish I’d have found this thread before blowing $1K on such a crap product. I’m tempted to just return this POS to Amazon, and go with a better company. This really sucks...

Hi there, we are sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product and this is never the experience we aim for you. As per checking your serial number, we've found an abnormal activation issue and the drone needs to be sent back for the replacement, please contact Amazon or DJI support www.dji.com/support for the replacement service. Sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2020-5-24
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Another Amazon glitch?
2020-5-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

johnchanmk Posted at 5-23 20:15

Hi johnchanmk, we regret you have the same problem, please contact your reseller for a replacement service. We understand how frustrated you are and this is not the experience we aim for you, we hope you will get a replacement drone soon.
2020-5-24
Use props
djiuser_WIVwsAx8AQ8Q
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-24 19:27
Hi there, we are sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product and this is never the experience we aim for you. As per checking your serial number, we've found an abnormal activation issue and the drone needs to be sent back for the replacement, please contact Amazon or DJI support www.dji.com/support for the replacement service. Sorry again for the inconvenience caused.

Hi, DJI Minday, I really appreciate your fast response, particularly on a holiday weekend. I am returning the drone to Amazon.

One question - I REALLY wanted to love this drone, and if there’s a good chance that another “Fly More Pack” would contain a non-defective drone, I’d like to try ordering a replacement. Can you tell me what kind of percentages of these are defective? Seems like MANY on this forum, but certainly others a getting good units, right?

Thanks for your help,..

~James
2020-5-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_4qzELwjNa85g Posted at 5-22 10:06
Hi Mindy!
I am a new pilot and was very excited to get my Mavic Air 2. However, I also got the activation error message. However, I tried to fly my 1st flight this morning, and to my surprise it allowed me to take off and fly. Now I'm really nervous. Could you please verify that my Mavic Air 2, SN 3N3BH4D00200BT,  did activate correctly and linked to my account? I want to be safe and secure before trying to fly again.
Thank you,

Hi David, this drone has been activated successfully via your own Forum account, it has been linked to your account and there is the icon of Mavic Air 2 under your avatar, no worries about it.
2020-5-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Tchoupitoulas Posted at 5-21 16:26
Same here fwiw, Fly More Combo fro B&H, SN 3N3BH4F002015R.

Am arranging a replacement but like everyone else, just going to the end of a waiting list.

We apologize you have the same activation issue, please contact your reseller for the replacement service, sorry again for all the inconvenience caused.
2020-5-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans19574fbb Posted at 5-20 00:59
I reported the problem on Monday and they said someone would be in touch to arrange a replacement. Still not heard anything back. Terrible customer service given how expensive this item is

Hi there, we are so sorry for the unpleasant experience with our customer service, I see the replacement case has been created and the shipping label has also been sent to you, please send back at your most convenience and our repair center will swap the drone for you.
2020-5-24
Use props
Petri Uusinarkaus
lvl.1

Finland

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-24 18:57
Hi Petri, I'm terribly sorry for the late response, unfortunately, an abnormal activation issue was detected and the drone needs to be sent back for the replacement service, please contact DJI support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket and we will arrange the replacement, sorry again for the inconvenience caused.

No worries. I made a ticket and a day later was in contact with DJI support via chat. Their advice was to send it back for replacement which I have done. I hope the next one works fine.
2020-5-24
Use props
djiuser_GOVcbh7wYfbg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1113232 ft
Luxembourg

@DJI Mindy
Hi, I have my MA2 not activated yet. Is there something I have to take care of to avoid getting that error during activation process?
Thx
2020-5-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_GOVcbh7wYfbg Posted at 5-24 21:39
@DJI Mindy
Hi, I have my MA2 not activated yet. Is there something I have to take care of to avoid getting that error during activation process?
Thx

You may post the serial number of your drone here, I will help check.
2020-5-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Petri Uusinarkaus Posted at 5-24 21:28
No worries. I made a ticket and a day later was in contact with DJI support via chat. Their advice was to send it back for replacement which I have done. I hope the next one works fine.

Sincerely hope you will get a perfect drone, if there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know or contact our support directly.
2020-5-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_WIVwsAx8AQ8Q Posted at 5-24 19:51
Hi, DJI Minday, I really appreciate your fast response, particularly on a holiday weekend. I am returning the drone to Amazon.

One question - I REALLY wanted to love this drone, and if there’s a good chance that another “Fly More Pack” would contain a non-defective drone, I’d like to try ordering a replacement. Can you tell me what kind of percentages of these are defective? Seems like MANY on this forum, but certainly others a getting good units, right?

Hi James, yes, only a small part of Mavic Air 2 has this issue and we are terribly sorry for this situation, we are doing our best to optimize it. I really hope your next drone will work fine.
2020-5-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jackezra Posted at 5-21 16:00

Hi jackezra, sorry for the late response, please contact your reseller or DJI support ww.dji.com/support for the replacement service.
2020-5-26
Use props
HarisF1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-26 04:01
Hi James, yes, only a small part of Mavic Air 2 has this issue and we are terribly sorry for this situation, we are doing our best to optimize it. I really hope your next drone will work fine.

No Mindy, it's apparent that there are a whole load of MA2 with this issue. Enough for you to actually acknowledge what it is and explain what's going on.

Some of us are internet literate and can find out what's happening. Imagine people that don't necessarily know where to look for help?

This is a disgrace.
2020-5-26
Use props
andreidanadrian
New

Romania

Hi DJI Mindy, having the same problem here is, my S/N: 1WNBH41002034F
When I try to activate it, I receive the following error: "Device activation prohibited.Contact DJI Support for assistance (1112)
Could you please, help me with this? I updated the firmware.
Thanks in advance!
2020-5-27
Use props
Captain Kohler
lvl.1
United States

Just got my drone a couple hours ago, I’m now at a shoot and it I’m getting the same error. I’ve waited weeks, clients waiting weeks, and this is the best DJI can do? Long time customer. Have owned since the Phantom 3. Total garbage service.
2020-5-27
Use props
Wilson!!!,!,
New

United Kingdom

Hi all, for the activation issue, please reply to my post with your serial number or PM me, I will help check, or you could also contact our support team www.dji.com/support for further assistance, thank you in advance.

Hello. I bought Mavic Air 2 and this message pops up 0xffe. It was purchased though Argos and the serial number is 1WNBH4H00201K1.
The forums are saying it has to be replaced. Is this correct? Or can you do something?
2020-5-27
Use props
Louisianaphoto
lvl.1
United States

My paperweight of a drone was received at DJI on Tuesday. Got an email today saying my replacement “should be sent in 5 to 7 business days”. Keeping my fingers crossed that 1.) that’s not a lie and 2.) the darn thing works. Still so disappointed in this whole process.
2020-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules