ANY ADVICE?
1084 8 2020-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jay#39s RC
lvl.2

Canada

i'm looking to buy an fpv drone and i'm wondering what is the best drone that can go with the dji fpv stuff and is under $400?
also i'm not looking for a full on racing drone but more like a cinematic fpv drone that can still do flips and tricks!
one last thing! i also want the drone to be able to cut power mid-air! any drone suggestions?
2020-5-15
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

"Cinematic" can mean different things....its more of a style off filming than a style of drone.

That being said, you could go with a cinewhoop style drone like a shendrones squirt, or more of a freestyle drone like an iflight DC5.  Both can give "cinematic" results based on your cameras and flying style.

But if you are have never flown an FPV drone before, you might want to start on something in the 3 inch range. The Transtec Beetle gets good reviews and runs the DJI system.
2020-5-17
Use props
jeff fpv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 292900 ft
Germany

Hey,

in addition to mc54:  if you plan to build a drone, i would highly recommended https://rotorbuilds.com/. You see the total costs for the various builds.
I started with a simulator and after that i build my first 3 inch drone ;)
2020-5-17
Use props
mc54
Second Officer

United States

What do you mean about the ability to "cut power mid air"?  Any betaflight controlled drone can disarm at any time you wish, but that's not really something  you would want to do.
2020-5-17
Use props
Jay#39s RC
lvl.2

Canada

no i mean like throttle stick all the way down so the props stop spinning you know like a free fall
2020-5-17
Use props
arnasnngmail.com
lvl.3

Lithuania

Iflight Titan DC5 with DJI FPV air unit recording, recorded today, bent back (non ideal) props, maybe this will help you to decide:
2020-5-17
Use props
mc54
Second Officer

United States

Jay#39s RC Posted at 5-17 10:43
no i mean like throttle stick all the way down so the props stop spinning you know like a free fall

You probably don't want your props to stop all the way. Betaflight has something called "air mode" that helps keep your quad stable and free of prop wash when you cut the throttle, its best to just let air mode handle that.  
2020-5-17
Use props
Jay#39s RC
lvl.2

Canada

no i have a simulator
2020-5-17
Use props
Jay#39s RC
lvl.2

Canada

your really good if this is you flying