609 15 2020-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I must admit to never previously trusting the anti-collision system to protect against trees when using Active Track.  But in this test, no matter how hard I tried, it always avoided the trees and bushes....

Suitably impressed

Jump to 5:00 to skip the first flight and video review...
Cheers
Ian

2020-5-15
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks great.
2020-5-15
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad it's working out for you.
2020-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

So smooth when banking in sport mode, probably 60% drone 40% pilot. ;+)::::  great job thanks for the video.
2020-5-16
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-16 01:27
So smooth when banking in sport mode, probably 60% drone 40% pilot. ;+)::::  great job thanks for the video.

Well you may have read there is not much ability to adjust the sensitivity of the stick inputs on the Air 2 inside the Fly App which is a real shame.  So you defo need a light touch on the sticks.....
2020-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Ian in London Posted at 5-16 01:48
Well you may have read there is not much ability to adjust the sensitivity of the stick inputs on the Air 2 inside the Fly App which is a real shame.  So you defo need a light touch on the sticks.....

I did, and I hope it’s fixed soon. I have posted a thread.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=215413
2020-5-16
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Check this out too  
2020-5-16
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

Niknik Posted at 5-16 02:13
Check this out too  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g48EBuoY4ig

Wow! That’s impressive
2020-5-16
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Niknik Posted at 5-16 02:13
Check this out too  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g48EBuoY4ig

It genuinely is amazing how it increases or decreases height to continue passing trees.....
Impressed.  

Ian
2020-5-16
Use props
kwcumbie
New

United States

How do you "turn on" active track? It isn't obvious to this newbie. Thanks!
2020-5-16
Use props
kwcumbie
New

United States

kwcumbie Posted at 5-16 11:49
How do you "turn on" active track? It isn't obvious to this newbie. Thanks!

Answer: Read the manual. Seems so obvious.
2020-5-16
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Nice demo!  Thanks for posting.
2020-5-16
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kwcumbie Posted at 5-16 11:49
How do you "turn on" active track? It isn't obvious to this newbie. Thanks!

@kwcumbie  Jump to 4:04 and you see how you just tap & draw a square around a subject to bring up the Active Track & Point of Interest pop up.
Active Track needs a person or vehicle to work....
Cheers,
Ian

2020-5-16
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great video Ian - the AT definitely seems to be vastly improved on this one. Are you going to take the A2 CofC later this year to use the MA2 in the A2 transitional subcategory? I've stepped out of the hobby this year then came back to check out the MA2 only to find out that our beloved UK CAA are about to impose a lot of changes from November this year! At least it's only a one-day on line course and, by the look of it, will permit commercial use of the drone.  
2020-5-16
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-16 23:58
Great video Ian - the AT definitely seems to be vastly improved on this one. Are you going to take the A2 CofC later this year to use the MA2 in the A2 transitional subcategory? I've stepped out of the hobby this year then came back to check out the MA2 only to find out that our beloved UK CAA are about to impose a lot of changes from November this year! At least it's only a one-day on line course and, by the look of it, will permit commercial use of the drone.

Thanks AJ. I'm renewing my PfCO at the moment so that will keep me going for another year; then we'll see what they actually implement, as things are changing and being delayed.....
2020-5-17
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ian in London Posted at 5-17 22:48
Thanks AJ. I'm renewing my PfCO at the moment so that will keep me going for another year; then we'll see what they actually implement, as things are changing and being delayed.....

Yeah, I read PfCO's are being honoured as renewable and will kind of sit alongside the new GVC course so you'll be able to operate in the Specific category for enterprise level op's. I may take the A2 CofC so I can operate a C2 class drone weighing <4kg up to 50m from people - when C2 classifications come into play. In the interim it will enable me to fly any Mavic or Phantom weighing less than 2kg in the A2 legacy transition in the open category until at least July 2022 - which will be more than long enough. Though with the Covid-19 crisis and Brexit anything can and probably will change so I'm not taking any courses just yet! Stay safe and keep up the great content.
2020-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules