Mavic Air 2 Android phone with supplied usb c not working
4386 8 2020-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chris Price SW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 486293 ft
United Kingdom

Had issues trying to connect my  Lenovo S5 using the supplied usb c cable, tried multiple ways round, would`nt work.

Finally managed to get everything connected and working using a usb c otg cable with my phones charging cable plugged into the otg cable.

Lenovo S5 usb c port specs : 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector

Why is the usb c cable supplied not working ?

If any member could point me to a shorter length cable that will work i`d be grateful
2020-5-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Chris, the RC cable of Mavic Air 2 is already short enough, which USB-C cable are you referring to? May we have a picture of it? RC cable.png
2020-5-16
Use props
Chris Price SW
lvl.1
United Kingdom

It's the Usb c cable that you pictured, the one that came with the drone.

My usb c port on my phone is only 2.0 and I suspect the supplied cable isn't compatible.

Using a USB C OTG cable and my phone charger cable worked.

Do you know what protocol the supplied usb c cable works with?

No point getting another dji cable if it isn't compatible.
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_5tmXuylmdt1a
New

United States

I am having the same issue. I get to step 4 when you connect the cable and its a dead stop.
2020-5-16
Use props
Chris Price SW
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_5tmXuylmdt1a Posted at 5-16 09:11
I am having the same issue. I get to step 4 when you connect the cable and its a dead stop.

I had to use a usb c otg cable with my phones usb c charger cable plugged into the other end.

My phones usb c port is only 2.0 and doesn`t support any usb c cable with a higher protocol like 3.0 or 3.1 from what information I could gather.

Would be nice if DJI could state the spec of the  usb c cable they supplied, as they are not all the same.

2020-5-16
Use props
Chris Price SW
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Information I gathered regarding Usb c

Not All USB-C Ports Are The Same
With USB-A, things were relatively simple: basically anything you could plug in would work. That’s not quite how USB-C is: adapters and cables may or may not work, depending on what features your device offers. And most of the cables on the market support USB 2.0 rather than USB 3.0 or 3.1.

Editor’s Note: we can’t overstate that last bit enough—most of the USB-C cables on the market are USB 2.0 rather than 3.1 because they are only designed for charging. If you need to use them for anything else, like connecting devices or transferring data, they will either not work, or will be extremely slow. Make sure you’re buying the right cable. We recommend Amazon Basics cables.
2020-5-16
Use props
Magnusou812
New

United States

djiuser_5tmXuylmdt1a Posted at 5-16 09:11

Actually i had the incorrect app for my product...doh.
2020-5-16
Use props
quotSpeedyquot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 405587 ft
United States

Devices can be cable picky try another cable from Anker or Belkin By any chance does anyone know the USB C type on the Air 2 controller?
2020-7-19
Use props
Chris Price SW
lvl.1
United Kingdom

quotSpeedyquot Posted at 7-19 03:23
Devices can be cable picky try another cable from Anker or Belkin By any chance does anyone know the USB C type on the Air 2 controller?

From my own experience the standard cable will not work if the usb c port on the phone is only 2.0
In order to get it working had to use a usb c otg cable with the phones charger cable plugged into that.

Have since changed my phone since I opened the thread and all the usb c cables work (lenovo s5 pro)

If the phone supports quick charge it will work with the standard cable.
2020-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules