2120 12 2020-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1033222 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

one of my motors is stiffer than the rest. It stops way before the others when i shut off. Doesnt seem to affect it though and no warnings pop up.
Is this something to worry about?
See link

Dji, could you please advise. It doesnt seem to make any problem though. Will it in future?

https://youtu.be/rcf6DdqJcNI

2020-5-16
Use props
Skraeling
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121407 ft
United States

Don’t see any unusual vibrations.  Switch a backup prop on and see if it does the same thing.  First rule of troubleshooting
2020-5-16
Use props
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Skraeling Posted at 5-16 06:19
Don’t see any unusual vibrations.  Switch a backup prop on and see if it does the same thing.  First rule of troubleshooting

Can you see my original post with video? Its blank for me for some reason..
I tried 3 different props and even hand spun them with no props and that one still stops a lot sooner. I can feel it when i move them with my fingers... but.. it has no effects on its performance and no warnings or anything.  It may not even be anything to worry about  
Id like if DJI could say something about it whether its nothing to worry about or should it be dealt with...
I could  just be being paranoid.. not sure.

https://youtu.be/rcf6DdqJcNI
2020-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

My P4 pro is like that, I have it since 2016, check before you fly to see if it’s moving freely like the other motors.
2020-5-16
Use props
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 5-16 06:33
My P4 pro is like that, I have it since 2016, check before you fly to see if it’s moving freely like the other motors.

Did you ever have any issues with it? Or change the motor?
My feeling is that its not an issue and just some are stiffer than others.. not sure though.
2020-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Dublinphantom Posted at 5-16 06:35
My feeling is that its not an issue and just some are stiffer than others.. not sure though.

No it’s still pretty much the same.
2020-5-16
Use props
Skraeling
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121407 ft
United States

Dublinphantom Posted at 5-16 06:35
As long as it moves freely those brushless motors can be like this.  Your feeling the magnets on it
2020-5-16
Use props
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Skraeling Posted at 5-16 10:17
As long as it moves freely those brushless motors can be like this.  Your feeling the magnets on it

But all other 3 motors slow down and stop equally. This one stops much faster than the others. Incan also feel the slight stiffness in it compared to the other 3. Im not sure if its just a case that naturally some are stiffer than others or should they all have the exact same resistance.
I have opened a case with dji but will cancel it if i can either find a fix or am happy its normal
2020-5-17
Use props
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Wonder is anyone else getting this issue??
2020-5-18
Use props
Dadaist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 580161 ft
Germany

Dublinphantom Posted at 5-18 00:32
Wonder is anyone else getting this issue??

Yes, it happens also with my Air-2 - but it's nothing I worry about.

Only, the funny (or interessting) thing is: It is the same position where that happens!
2020-5-18
Use props
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Dadaist Posted at 5-18 00:47
Yes, it happens also with my Air-2 - but it's nothing I worry about.

Only, the funny (or interessting) thing is: It is the same position where that happens!

do you not think it may cause problems down the line? I'm sort of on the fence on this. I've registered to send it back but not sure if I will or not.. but its still playing in the back of my mind if it really is an issue or not.
I wish DJI would say more about it.. have they seen this in other drones before? has there been a issues like this before and what kind of outcomes were there?
2020-5-18
Use props
Dadaist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 580161 ft
Germany

Dublinphantom Posted at 5-18 01:16
do you not think it may cause problems down the line? I'm sort of on the fence on this. I've registered to send it back but not sure if I will or not.. but its still playing in the back of my mind if it really is an issue or not.
I wish DJI would say more about it.. have they seen this in other drones before? has there been a issues like this before and what kind of outcomes were there?

My drone crashed.
My wife said that a motor just stopped, so the drone fell from sky.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=215926

So it is maybe very wise of you to send the drone in for repair...
2020-5-20
Use props
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Dadaist Posted at 5-20 02:27
My drone crashed.
My wife said that a motor just stopped, so the drone fell from sky.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=215926

wow.. that really makes a difference now. Terribly sorry this happened to you . Im going to send this to them too as an example to make they dont say mine is normal.
2020-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules