Mavic AIR 2 - very important features missing in the FLY APP
2950 9 2020-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patfish
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

I´am a Mavic AIR user and miss some very important features of the AIR in the new Mavci AIR 2.

First i don't understand the new concept of the new AIR2 100% ...the drone is now bigger (especially the controller?) so the AIR2 dosnt really work as an JUST IN CASE adventure drone anymore and I think that was the selling point #1 of the originals Mavic AIR.

But the AIR 2 is still a very good drone (except the missing side-sensors) only the new FlyApp ruins a lot of the new improvements over the AIR 1.

Here a list of importand software problems DJI should fix in the FlyAPP that most of us AIR1 users can switch with out big headache to the AIR2:

1) The FlyAPP has no options to adjust the gimbal speed/acceleration/deceleration (that's a must-have for good videos!) and the AIR1 has this options.
2) The Fly APP has no manual picture settings (sharpness, contrast, saturation) ... (that's also an absolute must have!) and we have this on the AIR1.
3) The FlyAPP dos'nt support dynamic Homepoints?  ...so if I track me on a boot or ski on a mountain and the drone is low of battery the drone will fly back to the starting point.  Thats very important and the AIR1 can do this.  
4) The AIR2 has nothing like TapFly (on the AIR1) or Waypoints (only in Hyperlaps) ...so we have no option to fly a route and control only the camera/POI by hand or tracking. Please bring this back and add PIO tracking in TapFly or Waypoints to the AIR2.
5) The gesture control of the AIR1 was a very good function to control the drone in tracking mode. I would have loved to see a version 2.0 of it which works also with helmets and glows on.

Please update this points in the FlyAPP (or give us the GO 4 APP for the AIR 2 back) and most of us will switch without big headache from the AIR1 to the AIR2.

// I would love to see a small "MAVIC ACTION", a IA driven, easy to setup action drone with a lot of follow me options and 360° APAS -  this is the only drone which is totaly missing in your portfolio.

thx
Patrick P.

2020-5-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Patrick, we appreciate your feedback to Mavic Air 2, your suggestions will be forwarded to our engineers for attention, rest assured we will keep optimizing our products according to customers' feedback.
For the Dynamic Home Point, it is not available, but we support Update Home Point, customers could update the Home Point manually according to the actual flight environment. update home point.png
2020-5-16
Use props
patfish
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-16 22:36
Hi Patrick, we appreciate your feedback to Mavic Air 2, your suggestions will be forwarded to our engineers for attention, rest assured we will keep optimizing our products according to customers' feedback.
For the Dynamic Home Point, it is not available, but we support Update Home Point, customers could update the Home Point manually according to the actual flight environment.[view_image][Image]
thank you!

The problem with updating the homepoint in the submenu is that:

1) this action is mostly needed whan time is very importand (low battery) and searching in the submenu is in this moment not a good solution.
(maybe a option to put it on the fn button could help for some people?)

2) On a boat  the Hompoint is constatly changeing so its nearly impossible to come home with this solution in a stressful moment.

regards,
patrick  

2020-5-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

patfish Posted at 5-17 01:40
thank you!

The problem with updating the homepoint in the submenu is that:

We see, your need has already been forwarded to our engineers for review, please keep an eye on DJI website of the future update.
2020-5-18
Use props
patfish
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-18 05:17
We see, your need has already been forwarded to our engineers for review, please keep an eye on DJI website of the future update.

thank you very much!

regards,
Patrick
2020-5-18
Use props
djiuser_9MGbARajVnNp
New
Flight distance : 52923 ft
United States

The Fly App does not even let me draw a box around an object or person. Focus Track or Active Track can not be found on any menu, it is supposed to automatically be available but it isnt. I have reinstalled the app 2 times. All of the software is up to date so, clearly this app is lacking. Its perfect for the mini, but the whole reason I purchased the Air 2 was for the tracking capability, of which I cant access. The manual says drag a box, but doesnt say how.. like pinch, tap, draw a full box with your finger?
2020-6-23
Use props
patfish
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

djiuser_9MGbARajVnNp Posted at 6-23 10:05
The Fly App does not even let me draw a box around an object or person. Focus Track or Active Track can not be found on any menu, it is supposed to automatically be available but it isnt. I have reinstalled the app 2 times. All of the software is up to date so, clearly this app is lacking. Its perfect for the mini, but the whole reason I purchased the Air 2 was for the tracking capability, of which I cant access. The manual says drag a box, but doesnt say how.. like pinch, tap, draw a full box with your finger?

That should work directly in the view without a need of a menu.
2020-6-23
Use props
MickeKling
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3144075 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I also REALLY miss Tap Fly on my Mavic Air 2, I tend to use my old Mavic Air more than my new Mavic Air 2, the DJI Fly app misses a lot that the DJI GO 4 has.

I also miss the ability to change exposure by holding the C-button while turning the gimbal wheel, that exists on the MA but not the MA2 .
2020-10-12
Use props
patfish
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

MickeKling Posted at 10-12 05:03
I also REALLY miss Tap Fly on my Mavic Air 2, I tend to use my old Mavic Air more than my new Mavic Air 2, the DJI Fly app misses a lot that the DJI GO 4 has.

I also miss the ability to change exposure by holding the C-button while turning the gimbal wheel, that exists on the MA but not the MA2 .

Same here!
People are laughing when i tell them that i send my AIR2 back to DJI. In my opinion the AIR 1 was in 2017 the better concept for a small advature drone.
2020-10-13
Use props
ronindj68
lvl.1

Italy

TAPTOFLY really missing on Mavic Air 2 and this is a really a shame for a device soo great !!! Please please forward this request.
2021-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules