imu alignment requires sim card?
434 3 2020-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChrisLoon
lvl.2

United States

S8 phone without sim card stalls in imu alignment so is this because i fly without sim card installed? Procedure appears to stall at step two of six displaying courtesy inform of enduring waiting. There is no calling to perform imu alignment.

Or clean install the djigo4 apk assuming it's corrupt?

It's from within djigo4 version4.3.8 that imu alignment is performed.

The alignment is intended to possibly correct drone veering leftwards during ascent forward after takeoff.

You don't know whether building reflected gps shadows causes drone veering or not
2020-5-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Chris, IMU calibration doesn't require sim card or internet.
If the IMU calibration fails, please try to shut down the drone, cool it down and start the calibration again. If the issue persists, please provide a screenshot of the calibration failure message for further confirmation.
2020-5-24
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Thanks Thor
2020-5-25
Use props
ChrisLoon
lvl.2

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 5-24 23:26
Hi Chris, IMU calibration doesn't require sim card or internet.
If the IMU calibration fails, please try to shut down the drone, cool it down and start the calibration again. If the issue persists, please provide a screenshot of the calibration failure message for further confirmation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x36WO2OnIaY&t=1s

Thanks Thor
Let me clear this up to help others
My confusion resulted because the illustration references no dry level flat horizontal table top

Maybe video a beautiful model handling the drone on a dry flat table top?

That way everyone understands the drone's spatial orientation with respect to gravity vector
2020-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules