Can Mavic Air 2 take photo while recording a video ?
5832 7 2020-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MOSES B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5922349 ft
Greece

Hello everybody,
i was wondering if Mavic Air 2,can take photo while recording a video ?
2020-5-16
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I could on my Phantom 4 Pro but that had a mechanical rather than an electronic shutter and none of the Mavic's I have owned up to the M2P would enable stills to be taken whilst recording. So I'd say the MA2 will be no different. That said, it's always preferable to properly line up a still and capture the frame whilst hovering. You can also freeze frame videos in post and extract stills from the video content, depending on what SW you are using to edit.
2020-5-16
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

It dsepends upon what you call a photo. When in video mode, some of the DJI aircraft have allowed a still shot to be taken, but it is shot at trhe same resolution that the video is currently being shot at, and generally speaking, most cameras shoot higher resolution stills than video. This occurs because the camera has to be switched to another mode to shoot stills, and that cannot be done in an instant of time. It can also trip up recording of the video to the SD card as well, so it is not highly recommended.
2020-5-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

No, you can't
2020-5-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

A J Posted at 5-16 15:46
I could on my Phantom 4 Pro but that had a mechanical rather than an electronic shutter and none of the Mavic's I have owned up to the M2P would enable stills to be taken whilst recording. So I'd say the MA2 will be no different. That said, it's always preferable to properly line up a still and capture the frame whilst hovering. You can also freeze frame videos in post and extract stills from the video content, depending on what SW you are using to edit.

I could on my Phantom 4 Pro but that had a mechanical rather than an electronic shutter.
You couldn't and it had nothing to do with the mechanical shutter.
You could just save a framegrab from the video.
2020-5-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

No, Mavic Air 2 doesn't support PIV (Photo in Video).
2020-5-17
Use props
MOSES B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5922349 ft
Greece

Thank you all for your answers.I though that it could not be done.
2020-5-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MOSES B. Posted at 5-17 03:36
Thank you all for your answers.I though that it could not be done.

Screenshot works pretty low resolution though.
2020-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules