DJI Currently Not Shipping Mavic Mini
1490 13 2020-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steve Mavic
lvl.1

Canada

Just a friendly heads up to anyone thinking about buying a Mavic Mini from the DJI Store...
Despite their claim on the website that the "Estimated time to ship will be one business day after payment confirmation", DJI is not currently shipping.
I purchased a Mavic Mini Fly More Combo, SD card, and Care Refresh from the DJI Store and my payment was confirmed immediately. 2 business days later I got an email that said there would be delays and said the following: "We will ship your order and update you with the tracking number as soon as possible."
I contacted DJI customer support and they said they have no idea when the will resume shipping.
I'm sure they have been aware of delays for quite some time; why not update the website to warn paying customers to expect delays? Had they told me, I would have found another vendor to purchase my Mini. As it stands right now, they might not resume shipping until August? September? I don't know, and apparently either does DJI.
I have since requested a refund.
Too bad DJI, not a great way to start our relationship.

2020-5-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

As upsetting as it is, it may turn out for better.  Depends upon why Mavic Mini's shippings are being delayed.

Doubtful it is due to Covid-19, being Mavic Air 2 is shipping.

Delay is due to Mavic Air 2 taking up all oxygen, then not good.
Delay is result of fallout of MM case storage label being wrong and needing to be clearer, then a mixed bag.
Delay is result of recent FW update identifying Bad blade(s), and DJI is making changes to blades and/or improving QA of blades; that is a good thing.

Given DJI's lack of communication to customers, not surprising DJI customer support has no idea about when DJI will resume shipping.  
2020-5-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Steve, we sincerely apologize that your order was delayed, I managed to get your order number via your Forum and we will push the team to ship it as soon as possible, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2020-5-17
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hope you can get it soon.
2020-5-17
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

Prepare yourself for fun, Fun, fun. I hope for you soon
2020-5-17
Use props
Skrajnik
lvl.3
Flight distance : 764623 ft
Slovenia

Conspiracy theory tells that you will not get the drone
2020-5-17
Use props
Steve Mavic
lvl.1

Canada

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 5-16 23:57
As upsetting as it is, it may turn out for better.  Depends upon why Mavic Mini's shippings are being delayed.

Doubtful it is due to Covid-19, being Mavic Air 2 is shipping.

You've made a few good points here. I hadn't considered that DJI might be addressing MM issues before shipping any more out. That would be great if accurate. But who knows; DJI isn't saying anything but "sorry".
Thanks for your reply.
2020-5-17
Use props
Jacob Booth
lvl.1

United States

Currently in the same boat.  I wish I had seen this thread before I placed my order, but like everyone else, I only started looking up the issue after I experienced it.  DJI, if you aren't shipping right now, fix your site where it claims orders will be shipped within 1 business day of payment. I fully understand that this is a crazy time and delays are justified, but posting false claims on your site is pretty irritating.  Like someone else said, if I had know this was the case, I could have found one in a physical store and been flying right now.
2020-7-3
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
United States

Steve Mavic have you received your Mini yet? or did your order get canceled?
As you may have read there has been a few other more recent orders delayed and yes it seem that the virus is being blamed for everything related to shipping in or out of country. Plus they (China) just got another Tariff increase.
And I think the Mini has been put to the side because of it's Big brother the Mavic Air 2
2020-7-3
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

FYI: I had no problem cancelling my MA2 purchase from DJI. I used the chat service to make that happen. I was just changing to the Fly More package but they did not know that yet.
2020-7-3
Use props
Steve Mavic
lvl.1

Canada

3Recon Posted at 7-3 19:14
Steve Mavic have you received your Mini yet? or did your order get canceled?
As you may have read there has been a few other more recent orders delayed and yes it seem that the virus is being blamed for everything related to shipping in or out of country. Plus they (China) just got another Tariff increase.
And I think the Mini has been put to the side because of it's Big brother the Mavic Air 2

I did try to cancel my order and requested a refund.  DJI told me it was already being processed and to just wait until it showed up and then simply refuse the delivery. It eventually showed up and I decided to keep it instead of having it sent back to China...who knows where it would have ended up, and when/if I would ever get my $750 back.
Really a shoddy business transaction. Not impressed. DJI has not instilled a lot of confidence in me.
2020-7-3
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
United States

Not giving an out for anyone but this is new territory we're all in and some may use the Pandemic as a reason I wouldn't know never been here before. And yes it is disappointing  to have someone else hold your money and you have is air and faith and you can't fly either one of those. Sorry about that just had something else going on and you got to hear it.
Enjoy your Mini, many happy flights of pleasure.  
2020-7-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jacob Booth Posted at 7-3 15:56
Currently in the same boat.  I wish I had seen this thread before I placed my order, but like everyone else, I only started looking up the issue after I experienced it.  DJI, if you aren't shipping right now, fix your site where it claims orders will be shipped within 1 business day of payment. I fully understand that this is a crazy time and delays are justified, but posting false claims on your site is pretty irritating.  Like someone else said, if I had know this was the case, I could have found one in a physical store and been flying right now.

Hi Jacob, we are sorry for the shipment delay, I managed to get your order number via your Forum account, the package has been completed and shall be shipped out very soon, please note the shipping notice.
We will forward your concerns to the related team to optimize our online store, sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2020-7-4
Use props
Jake B
lvl.1

United States

Steve Mavic Posted at 7-3 19:34
I did try to cancel my order and requested a refund.  DJI told me it was already being processed and to just wait until it showed up and then simply refuse the delivery. It eventually showed up and I decided to keep it instead of having it sent back to China...who knows where it would have ended up, and when/if I would ever get my $750 back.
Really a shoddy business transaction. Not impressed. DJI has not instilled a lot of confidence in me.

How long did it end up taking for you to finally get your drone?
2020-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules