Just bought a used mini anything special I should do
642 8 2020-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
crazytechguy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88684 ft

Croatia

Just bought a used mini anything special I should do. Are there any settings worth changing ?
2020-5-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It is what it is, make sure you’re Firmware is up to date, check all is working, set safety parameters ie Rth etc . Camera settings are personal to what you want yourself. Test in open space read through the manual and just become familiar with the mini.
You live in a beautiful country so great opportunity for good photography. Good luck.
2020-5-17
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

My suggestion is have fun
2020-5-17
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Play with gimbal speed.
2020-5-17
Use props
crazytechguy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88684 ft

Croatia

hallmark007 Posted at 5-17 04:28
It is what it is, make sure you’re Firmware is up to date, check all is working, set safety parameters ie Rth etc . Camera settings are personal to what you want yourself. Test in open space read through the manual and just become familiar with the mini.
You live in a beautiful country so great opportunity for good photography. Good luck.

Thank you! Can’t wait to go to the sea and have fun.
2020-5-17
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Read and understand the instructions, how RTH works, understand wind profiles at height,  practice and enjoy
2020-5-17
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I highly suggest you take some minutes of your time reading the manual, reading this forum, then have a general inspection. Always remember to check the wind forecast before flying, never ignore wind warnings.

Check the arms for play (fronts should be a bit more flexible but not too much), clean the lens, blow compressed air into every motor and into the gimbal sides and up in the circular rotating bearing. You may also want to lubricate the motor bearings with a little bit of silicone oil from the external spindle (no prop unmount is required). then have a props inspection. The best way is pin them flat on a table and compared them against a new set, otherwise several others are inspecting them mounted.

For the mounted props inspection I suggest you see this post If you want to unmount the props or lubricate see this post (video)

2020-5-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I suggest you ignore the idiot advising you to put silicone lubricant on to motor bearings, it’s ridiculous advice and never heard of before until the fool waltzed in. If your craft was new your warranty would be voided and the rest your warranty will also be voided. The advice is coming from someone who has already lost one mini. No silicone it’s really not a good idea..
2020-5-17
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Such idiot must be said has managed to prolong the service life of almost any rotating element doing so: among which fans, cassette sprockets, bicycle wheel bearings, heardryer motors... ah was I fogetting!! PC fans... not only silicone oil is completely inert but is also advised by some manufacturer to lubricate the external bearing sleeve in saeled bearings.

hallmark always elegant as a sod falling from the skies. Still swallowed by your childhood problems huh !?
2020-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules