Osmo Action: Hyperlapse function disappeared
6268 10 2020-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_VuCxCZdtZyJf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3117 ft
Germany

I am running an Osmo Action with firmware 01.08.00.10(6460) installed.I have made some hyperlapse movies in the past, the latest the day before yesterday, so the hyperlaps function was defintily there and was working fine.
Out of a sudden, when I switched on the camera yesterday, the hyperlapse function had disapeared. The menu looks like it looked with the old firmware version before the hyperlapse was installed. Also on the MIMO app the option of live streaming is no longer there. Everthing else works fine, it simply looks like I had downgraded the firmware to an older "no hyperlaps" version. However the display still lists 01.08.00.10(6460) as installed version.
When I try to install a new firmware nothing happens. (Neither via MIMO app, where no new firmware is offered, nor via trying to install a freshly downloaded copy of the firmware from  the SD card).
Any idea what could have happend or what to do to get hyperlapse back?
2020-5-17
Use props
djiuser_j0GhLiA01Zsa
lvl.1
Czechia

The same.

Yerstaday I bought Osmo Action. There was not Russian language. After few minutes APP offered me to update. I agreed, made upgrade. In that time I found new features: Russian language, hyperlapse. Then I started to test camera: long time video (#1). After 40 minutes camera suthed down - 0% energy. After new mintes I connected it to power bank and started 30 minutes record (#2). Then I turned off and plug in to electricity. All night camera was with power. All my settings, Russian, hyperlapse worked at that moment.

Bug #1: last 2 long records lost. I can't found them in camera or in APP. Only on SD card. All other more short records is present in camera, in APP and on SD. Why? Record #2 was normal, without power problems.

Bug #2: Today I started Camera:
a) After start it offerd me to change language (it's mean camera reset all my setting, WTF?).
b) I can't to found Russian! And no hyperlapse.

What it was? It made downgrade? I did'tn do anything. And yerstaday I really used Russian.

Current firmware  01.08.00.10. Is it the last firmware?
2020-5-22
Use props
djiuser_j0GhLiA01Zsa
lvl.1
Czechia

> Current firmware  01.08.00.10. Is it the last firmware?

My current firmware is 01.08.00.10 (6009)

djiuser_VuCxCZdtZyJf wrote about 01.08.00.10(6460)

???
2020-5-23
Use props
djiuser_VuCxCZdtZyJf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3117 ft
Germany

djiuser_j0GhLiA01Zsa Posted at 5-23 06:55
> Current firmware  01.08.00.10. Is it the last firmware?

My current firmware is 01.08.00.10 (6009)

Problem solved.
I have contacted the DJI Helpdesk. They provided me with a "laboratory firmware". I uploaded it to my Osmo Action and after that I could re-install via the MiMO app the current firmware 01.08.00.10 with  hyperlapse again.
All good now.
2020-5-29
Use props
7-Dmitry
lvl.1
Czechia

djiuser_VuCxCZdtZyJf Posted at 5-29 01:48
Problem solved.
I have contacted the DJI Helpdesk. They provided me with a "laboratory firmware". I uploaded it to my Osmo Action and after that I could re-install via the MiMO app the current firmware 01.08.00.10 with  hyperlapse again.
All good now.

Cool! I have been waiting answer from support with the same issue about 1 week...
2020-5-29
Use props
gxxr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27323 ft
Austria

Does anyone have a link to that special firmware? My osmo action did the same - lost new features, etc.
No reply from DJI for a day, and it's urgent. It's great when the equipment stops working exactly when it's needed. Any help is appreciated!
2020-10-20
Use props
djiuser_FomCEjcH2rKJ
New

Colombia

gxxr Posted at 2020-10-20 09:57
Does anyone have a link to that special firmware? My osmo action did the same - lost new features, etc.
No reply from DJI for a day, and it's urgent. It's great when the equipment stops working exactly when it's needed. Any help is appreciated!

hello i also have the same problem, do you have the special firmware link?
2021-5-3
Use props
djiuser_YCrou1mWajA4
New
India

YESTERDAY I WAS SHOOTING WITH MY OSMO ACTION AND IT WAS WORKING PERFECTLY FINE. BUT FOR THE NEXT TIME I TURNED IT ON, THE HYPERLAPSE FUNCTION JUST GOT VANISHED. I CHECKED IF  THERE WAS ANY NEW UPDATE. BUT I HAVE THE LATEST FIRMWARE VERSION 01.10.00.40(6762) I FOUND. HOW TO GET THAT FUNCTION BACK? PLEASE HELP ME. ITS REALLY URGENT. THANKS IN ADVANCE.
2021-12-18
Use props
Dong ZeYuan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57060 ft
United States

I have the same.
2021-12-21
Use props
djiuser_fQoX5LX489G0
New
Switzerland

Same here, happened in Sept. 2022. CAm just stripped of 3 functions. Crap.
2022-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules