No pictures on monitor...DJI Staff Please Help!
984 21 2020-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dmuldrewswbell.net
lvl.2
Flight distance : 410 ft
United States

OK, bought a Inspire 2 package. Bird, CS monitors x 2, DJI remote and Cendence remote. After finally getting all the parts and pieces I ordered it all worked fine, flew it just a little when the Covid 19 thing started. I work in a hospital and we got kinda busy. So I put everything into the case and did my thing at work. Yesterday was nice, had the smoker running, I thought it would be a good time to fly. I got notice of a couple of updates did them. Now no pictures on either monitor, from either camera.

The remotes connect with the I2, I can start the motors, move the cameras. It's like no connection from the remote to the CS monitors. Ive tried a number of cables, every combination I can think of, nothing. When I connect the remote to my iPhone I do have the camera views...ok DJI, or anyone. Right now Ive got two $1000 dollar paperweights. Help me fix this! Thanks
2020-5-17
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

What updates were made? What cameras you're talking about?
2020-5-17
Use props
dmuldrewswbell.net
lvl.2
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 5-17 16:09
What updates were made? What cameras you're talking about?

Both cameras, Zenmuse X5S, and FPV camera.  I updated firmware on the I2 and on the CS monitors. Everything, I2, CS Monitors and remotes are updated to latest firmware versions. Basically it is as there is no connection between the CS monitors and the remotes. The remotes are paired with the I2, as I can start and stop motors, move the gimbal...
I have tried all cable combinations, new cables, the Cendence monitor doesn't use a USB cable, tho Ive tried connection one anyway. The remote cameras show up ok if I attach either remote to my iPhone.
2020-5-17
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

dmuldrewswbell.net Posted at 5-17 16:28
Both cameras, Zenmuse X5S, and FPV camera.  I updated firmware on the I2 and on the CS monitors. Everything, I2, CS Monitors and remotes are updated to latest firmware versions. Basically it is as there is no connection between the CS monitors and the remotes. The remotes are paired with the I2, as I can start and stop motors, move the gimbal...
I have tried all cable combinations, new cables, the Cendence monitor doesn't use a USB cable, tho Ive tried connection one anyway. The remote cameras show up ok if I attach either remote to my iPhone.

I assume X5S camera was mounted during aircraft FW update, which should be .0300 now. Logic dictates CS devices as the culprit, try to perform reset to a defaults. If that'll not solve the issue, I'm running on empty with ideas ...
2020-5-18
Use props
dmuldrewswbell.net
lvl.2
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 5-18 11:49
I assume X5S camera was mounted during aircraft FW update, which should be .0300 now. Logic dictates CS devices as the culprit, try to perform reset to a defaults. If that'll not solve the issue, I'm running on empty with ideas  ...

Ive done that, but the only option I know of is to store Go 4, reset the CS and the same Go 4 is reinstalled. You don’t get the option to download it again. So if there is an error causing the malfunction, it gets reloaded. Do you know of a way to erase Go 4 and reset manually?
2020-5-18
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

dmuldrewswbell.net Posted at 5-18 13:45
Ive done that, but the only option I know of is to store Go 4, reset the CS and the same Go 4 is reinstalled. You don’t get the option to download it again. So if there is an error causing the malfunction, it gets reloaded. Do you know of a way to erase Go 4 and reset manually?

Sorry, no experience with this issue here ...
2020-5-18
Use props
Joecos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

If your Crystal Sky is the Ultra Bright model - very likely it over heated and the panel is dead.  The Ultra bright Crystal Sky is notorious for over heating. The screen will go black without any warning.  It is a known over heating problem and DJI knows it.

It sounds like you purchased the package brand new, which DJI will replace under warranty.

2020-5-18
Use props
Joecos
Second Officer
United States

* * Apologies * * Double Post
2020-5-18
Use props
dmuldrewswbell.net
lvl.2
United States

Joecos Posted at 5-18 18:25
If your Crystal Sky is the Ultra Bright model - very likely it over heated and the panel is dead.  The Ultra bright Crystal Sky is notorious for over heating. The screen will go black without any warning.  It is a known over heating problem and DJI knows it.

It sounds like you purchased the package brand new, which DJI will replace under warranty.

Hard to believe two monitors both failed at the exact same time. I don’t think there is 30 min on either one. Yes they were both new. I cant imagine this is the problem. Only the images are missing from the monitor. All other Images are displayed. The monitor isn’t black, the remote is communicating with the I2, but the images from the camera aren’t displayed.

The problem

2020-5-18
Use props
dmuldrewswbell.net
lvl.2
United States

dmuldrewswbell.net Posted at 5-18 18:54
Hard to believe two monitors both failed at the exact same time. I don’t think there is 30 min on either one. Yes they were both new. I cant imagine this is the problem. Only the images are missing from the monitor. All other Images are displayed. The monitor isn’t black, the remote is communicating with the I2, but the images from the camera aren’t displayed.[view_image]

The problem

I was under the impression that DJI had a presence on this forum. With the exception of Matthew I might as well been having this conversation with my cat. Thanks Matt!
2020-5-19
Use props
Joecos
Second Officer
United States

That eliminates your Crystalsky as the problem.  Your display is fine.  Since you mentioned it worked normal before the update,  then likely something went wrong during the updating process.

My recommendation is to "refresh" the firmware update of your craft.  But this time, use DJI Assistant 2 - to refresh everything.   If you havent done it before,  there are Youtube tutorials on how to use DJI Assistant 2.   By using DJI assistant 2 - (USB cable connection to craft) there is lesser likelihood of corrupt files transferring to your craft.  Also, before you do the "Refresh firmware" - make sure you mount the X5s / X4s / X7 camera on the craft, so if there are any firmware that needs updating in the camera, it gets updated too during the refresh process.    Once you are logged in DJI Asistant 2 - and your craft plugged in via USB,  you will see information  such as Serial Number, Firmware, etc.  One of the options will say "Refresh".  Click on that and it will go thru the process.   Make sure batteries of your craft is at least 70% or more before you do the refresh.

Try that and See if that helps.
2020-5-19
Use props
dmuldrewswbell.net
lvl.2
United States

Joecos Posted at 5-19 09:43
That eliminates your Crystalsky as the problem.  Your display is fine.  Since you mentioned it worked normal before the update,  then likely something went wrong during the updating process.

My recommendation is to "refresh" the firmware update of your craft.  But this time, use DJI Assistant 2 - to refresh everything.   If you havent done it before,  there are Youtube tutorials on how to use DJI Assistant 2.   By using DJI assistant 2 - (USB cable connection to craft) there is lesser likelihood of corrupt files transferring to your craft.  Also, before you do the "Refresh firmware" - make sure you mount the X5s / X4s / X7 camera on the craft, so if there are any firmware that needs updating in the camera, it gets updated too during the refresh process.    Once you are logged in DJI Asistant 2 - and your craft plugged in via USB,  you will see information  such as Serial Number, Firmware, etc.  One of the options will say "Refresh".  Click on that and it will go thru the process.   Make sure batteries of your craft is at least 70% or more before you do the refresh.

Well that certainly helped. I downloaded Assistant, restarted my Mac Book Pro as per directions. My laptop hasn’t started since...Well I finally got it started. DJI assistant wont recognize my drone on my Mac Book Pro. Looks like Im not the only one who has has this trouble. I reloaded the program, nothing again. After spending a butt load of money on this thing you would think maybe DJI might step in here with a suggestion or 2. I guess I might as well return them as a warrenty issue.
2020-5-19
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

dmuldrewswbell.net Posted at 5-19 08:44
I was under the impression that DJI had a presence on this forum. With the exception of Matthew I might as well been having this conversation with my cat. Thanks Matt!

This is very true... DJI has been very distant it seems. Matthew is a real trouper

I believe you should try another device use to see if the monitor can talk to your inspire 2. Do you have an iPhone or Android phone? ,,.... connect with the USB to one of these phones  with the DJI 4 app installed. Then see if you can get the camera image.
My gut feeling is that something went wrong with your FW update in the camera modules...,.  You should try downgrading the FW back to the last version that was working.

It could be possible if the FW update process went wrong might require sending the Inspire 2 equipment back for repairs. The user does not have many options to repair FW crashes using the phone, tablet or PC. We are locked out of the software / hardware which requires tech level tools..

hopefully this is better than talking with your cat   

All the best and I hope you can get this sorted out soon
Rich
2020-5-19
Use props
dmuldrewswbell.net
lvl.2
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 5-19 22:34
This is very true... DJI has been very distant it seems. Matthew is a real trouper

I believe you should try another device use to see if the monitor can talk to your inspire 2. Do you have an iPhone or Android phone? ,,.... connect with the USB to one of these phones  with the DJI 4 app installed. Then see if you can get the camera image.

I have tried it with my iPhone, it works perfectly.
2020-5-20
Use props
USS ENTERPRISE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2063642 ft
South Korea

reset the camera settings
2020-5-20
Use props
dmuldrewswbell.net
lvl.2
United States

USS ENTERPRISE Posted at 5-20 03:04
reset the camera settings

How do you do that? The cameras work with an iPhone or iPad, not sure resetting would help but Im willing at this point to try./
2020-5-20
Use props
USS ENTERPRISE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2063642 ft
South Korea

Normally, a camera reset can be found in the camera settings section when you're in the live view. You can also try the following button combinations to ensure everything is communicating properly.

Reset the RC of any presets:
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

Manually relink the RC to the aircraft:
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD. This may take a few seconds of holding it.
*While holding the buttons, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

2020-5-20
Use props
sanman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1319452 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

try this on your CS. go to:
settings->apps->all->dji go4
then execute:
clear data
clear cache and
clear defaults
2020-5-20
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

dmuldrewswbell.net Posted at 5-20 02:36
I have tried it with my iPhone, it works perfectly.

Sounds like you have found the problem then. Looks like you have a issue with the CS or DJI 4 App with the CS.

Sorry, I always used my iPad  pro 10.5" and never purchased the CS

PSL I believe the remote reset procedure is meant only for the Inspire 1 controller. I do not think they have a reset on the stock Inspire 2 remote.

Rich
2020-5-20
Use props
dmuldrewswbell.net
lvl.2
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 5-20 20:28
Sounds like you have found the problem then. Looks like you have a issue with the CS or DJI 4 App with the CS.

Sorry, I always used my iPad  pro 10.5" and never purchased the CS

Knowing what might be the problem without the ability to fix it is useless.
2020-5-21
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

dmuldrewswbell.net Posted at 5-21 02:57
Knowing what might be the problem without the ability to fix it is useless.

agreed...... but at least you know where the problem is. Sorry I do not have any CS experience or I would try to help. If it is possible to uninstall the Go4 app and reinstall it? Or  it seems that the FW upgrade made it not communicate with the CS. Downgrading the FW would be the best fix
2020-5-23
Use props
furetto1212virgilio.it
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144931 ft
Italy

Hj, Ihave the same problem: no connection between cendence and crisalsky but if I connect the two units with a usb c cable, the connection may appear (not always).
2020-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules