16236 14 2020-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeff fpv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 292900 ft
Germany

Hey,

i bought last week the DJI smart controller for my drones and first of all it is a amazing controller. After the configuration and updating process i was checking the FPV cabebilitys of the smart controller. My first test was a standard DJI Air Unit in my 5 inch fpv drone and it works fine.

I switch to my diatone cine whoop with a Caddx Vista system and it doesn't work.

My troubleshooting:
  • tested with various USB-C cables
  • use the lower nativ USB-C port
  • switch on and off the smart controller and the googles and connected in different sequence
  • arm the drone and hover

... but nothing works. After a while, i get very randomly a single frame. If the caddx vista is connected to the googles, i get a message in the googles ''low-power mode. Unable to record videos''. This happens also without connecting the smart controller.

Is this ''low-power mode'' cause my problems and is it possible to disable?
Have any one connect the googles with the vista to the smart controller without problems?

thx Jeff

DJI Google View.png
20200517_170400.png
20200517_170616.png
2020-5-17
Use props
Ssaumlsch
lvl.4
Germany

Hey, same issue here. Smart Controller video output works on my 5" setup with regular DJI air unit. However I can't get a picture out of my little whoop with a Caddx Vista unit.
Is this a known bug, DJI?
2020-5-31
Use props
lubkoyah
New

United States

did you figure out, how to fix the problem with the low power mode? Have the same issue.
thanks
2020-5-31
Use props
jeff fpv
lvl.2
Germany

Hey,
i have figure out a solution/workaround:
  • Switch the smart controller and the googles on
  • Arm the drone with the caddx vista system
  • Connect the smart controller and the googles via usb-c

If the drone is armed, the system isn't in the low power mode. I think the lower power mode is definitely the proplem.
In my opinion, it is only a workaround for this issue.

Jeff
2020-6-1
Use props
ValentinFPV
New

Germany

Can you fly the Air Unit or the Vista with your Smart Controller?
2020-6-7
Use props
jeff fpv
lvl.2
Germany

The smart controller is only for hdmi output from the dji fpv goggles. You can't fly fpv drones with the smart controller.
2020-6-7
Use props
Tom_A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

Low power mode is usually triggered by the air unit (DJI or Vista) being too hot. This triggers eventually on all of them if you do not have the motors running. The Vista heats up quicker, but this should not be a problem once you arm.
2020-6-7
Use props
ValentinFPV
New

Germany

Thanks for your quieck response!
Have you tried binding it though?
Wish i could avoid the regular controller and go straight to the smart controller to safe cost.

2020-6-7
Use props
jeff fpv
lvl.2
Germany

thx for this information, but with this setup i get the video feed from the goggles, not directly from the caddx unit. In the goggles i get a solid video feed and this video feed goes normally (with the dji air unit) through the USB-C cable to the smart controller. In my opinion, this doesn't affect neither the air unit nor the caddx vista. If i land my drone and swap the batterys, i will need to disconnect all and start with my workaround… its a pain.
Also, it‘s not safe to arm a drone if you‘re not immediately ready to fly (play with your smart controller and a long cable near your normal controller ).
2020-6-7
Use props
jeff fpv
lvl.2
Germany

ValentinFPV Posted at 6-7 09:35
Thanks for your quieck response!
Have you tried binding it though?
Wish i could avoid the regular controller and go straight to the smart controller to safe cost.

i doesn't tested this, but the gimbals from the smart controller are different to a regular "fpv controller". The neutral throttle stick position on the smart controller  is in the middle position. The neutral throttle stick position on a normal fpv controller is on the bottom and not spring loaded (except you will fly in 3d mode).
The FPV Live App is only a broadcast app and i don't think that the DJI Go 4 is compatible with the DJI FPV System.
2020-6-7
Use props
ValentinFPV
New

Germany

That makes sense. The Throttle resolution would be a lot lower. Or the quad would be at 50% throttle. Which would be a very bad day.
Maybe its possible to hardware mod the controller to remove the spring and use full range. But cant be sure if it even binds at the moment.
2020-6-7
Use props
Drone-Solutions
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6663944 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hello, My too. Is Easy You change in Google Dji In the Device the setting for themperatur to off  ( Auti Temp Control ) after is OK with off  After you have Google Frame in SmartControleur
2020-11-23
Use props
darylwade01gmail.com
lvl.2

U.S. Virgin Islands

jeff fpv Posted at 2020-6-1 00:25
Hey,
i have figure out a solution/workaround:

Thanks.  This helped me.   Works fine on Air Unit, but need to be armed with Caddx as you mentioned above!
2021-1-2
Use props
click here now
lvl.2

United States

Issues with goggles not recording isnusually osd not enabled in betaflight. Uart 1 2 3 one of them needs osd enabked depending on the system

Do you have any other two way osd working?

Osd is on screen display and its a two way connection when enabled with the msp tab.

The specific setting is msp in your uart section. It is a radio button. Uart 1 2 or 3 should have it enabled. It allows data to flow from the fc to the air unit. Without it your goggles dont receive the armed aignal.
2021-10-26
Use props
aerocar
lvl.1

United States

click here now Posted at 2021-10-26 13:42
Issues with goggles not recording isnusually osd not enabled in betaflight. Uart 1 2 3 one of them needs osd enabked depending on the system

Do you have any other two way osd working?

HI, Do I understand that the Vista Air Unit is connecting to the Integra goggles, but only displaying the video to the external Smart Controller with HDMI cable?
BUT, that by enabling a feature with Betaflight, in the Smart Controller, it now flies the Vista and displays the video on its screen???
I have tries all instructions to get the Integra to connect to Vista Air unit. NO success, yet. But, menu in  Integra says it can do this connection.
Any more knowledge is welcome. Ed
2023-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules