Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air 2 IPhone connection
4280 14 2020-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_kUlUOtTiFQT3
lvl.1

United States

I cannot get this drone to connect the Iphone app DJI Fly.
It asks me to select the drone ( there are two choices) and I select the Mavic  Air 2 which brings me to camera view. At this point everything hangs up
Is this common? I uninstalled the app, reinstalled etc. same result! The iPhone is running 13.4.1 which is the latest
The drone appears to be working correctly. At least when I hit the switch, it goes through the start and checkout process.
Emailed DJI no response as yet
Just frustrated
Tim
2020-5-17
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Out of curiosity, did you restart your phone?
2020-5-17
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Your question is more likely to be answered if posted to the correct forum.
2020-5-17
Use props
djiuser_kUlUOtTiFQT3
lvl.1

United States

Vlas Posted at 5-17 13:15
Out of curiosity, did you restart your phone?

Yes had too because the phone froze up
2020-5-17
Use props
The One Prophloe
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the same issue out of the box.
2020-5-17
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_kUlUOtTiFQT3 Posted at 5-17 14:37
Yes had too because the phone froze up

Only thing I could think of.
2020-5-17
Use props
The One Prophloe
lvl.1

United States

Here's my experience.
straight out of box to charging all batteries and RC. In the meantime I downloaded the DJI Fly app to my iPhone 11 running iOS 13.4.1, and made sure it was charged too.Once RC was fully charged, also having a fully charged drone battery, Started the app and followed the instructions to connect a drone. Selected Mavic Air 2 from the two options the other being Mavic Mini. I proceeded to mount the mobile device onto the RC and connect it using the already installed USB-C to Lightning connector as instructed. Nothing happens. When I select camera view the display shows a red bar across part of the upper left hand side of the screen that says "RC not connected to mobile". I tried connecting to the bottom USB-C port, using a new USB-C to Lightning cable on both USB-C ports on the RC, but still not solved. Turned everything off and on again. Nothing. After some online research, I downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 from the DJI download section of their website, and used it to update the firmware on the RC and also the Mavic Air 2. Still not solved. Changed settings on my mobile device. Nothing. The RC does show signs of it successfully communicating with the drone however, as the gimbal/camera unit responds to the RC wheel on the left front side of the RC. For me the worst part of this is not having anyone available from technical support/customer service to answer questions and provide solutions. The retailer was just as absent. After dishing out over $1k for a fancy toy I can't emphasize enough how disappointed I am in both the retailer and DJI.
2020-5-17
Use props
djiuser_kUlUOtTiFQT3
lvl.1

United States

Solved the problem! The drone needed a firmware update! Now with all due candor, I’m not quite sure how I accomplished this. But I think it went something like this
I had the drone plugged into the smart controller on the bottom. I had the controller plugged into my iPhone and then I opened the DJI assistant app. Then it said the drone needed an update, followed the on screen instructions and the drone updated itself. Now when I go to DJI Fly I can go to camera view and I see what is on the camera. Note, I do not have the propellers connected because I’m new to all of this and didn’t want to screw up and break it.
At least that is what I think I did! If I got something wrong hopefully someone will point out my error
2020-5-17
Use props
The One Prophloe
lvl.1

United States

Im stuck right here.
2020-5-17
Use props
djiuser_kUlUOtTiFQT3
lvl.1

United States

Yeah that looks familiar till I got the drone firmware updated.
2020-5-17
Use props
The One Prophloe
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_kUlUOtTiFQT3 Posted at 5-17 16:50
Yeah that looks familiar till I got the drone firmware updated.

yeah, updated everything. still stuck.
2020-5-17
Use props
djiuser_kUlUOtTiFQT3
lvl.1

United States

Ok this is pretty far out but have you checked the connections on the controller and the phone.?
2020-5-17
Use props
The One Prophloe
lvl.1

United States

Yes tried both ports on RC, also tried new USB-C to lighting cables on both ports as well. Connects to MacBook Pro via USB, and updates, but does not connect to iPhone.
2020-5-18
Use props
The One Prophloe
lvl.1

United States

Just spoke to the retailer. They said I could bring it back. I hope it's a full refund, and no funny business.
2020-5-18
Use props
djiuser_kUlUOtTiFQT3
lvl.1

United States

I hope so too. I hope to get through calibration today and maybe a propeller check do I can do a test flight wed.
If I had to do it over again, this is not the drone or company I would buy from.
2020-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules