Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Free LUTs for color-matching Mavic Air 2 and GoPro Hero 6/7/8
53302 24 2020-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MisterFrag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

I have created LUTs for the DJI Mavic Air 2 and GoPro Hero 6/7/8 to convert footage shot in D-Cinelike and Protune Flat respectively into material that can be used as a starting point for further color-grading, or just matching the color output of the two color pipelines. The LUTs were created at the same time using the same natural color source (the sun), a calibrated X-Rite color target, and with the whitebalance fixed at a value determined by a color meter. The Mavic Air 2 did not have any ND filters attached to the camera and I haven't done any testing to see how the DJI filters affect colors.
If your video editing application supports CUBE LUTs, apply the DJI Mavic Air 2.cube and GoPro Hero 6-7-8.cube LUTs to source material shot in D-Cinelike and Protune Flat to produce colors that are realistic and intercut easily when mixing material from the two cameras.

The files are larger than what the forum allows me to upload and attach to a post so I'm sharing the files through a read-only Microsoft OneDrive folder.

DJI Mavic Air 2 LUT

Mavic Air 2 video recorded in D-Cinelike

D-Cinelike video

D-Cinelike video

Mavic Air 2 video recorded in D-Cinelike with LUT applied

D-Cinelike video with LUT applied

D-Cinelike video with LUT applied

2020-5-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info (and luts)!
2020-5-18
Use props
geektechnicagmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1641686 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks.  Just got my MA2 today, Will try this out as soon as possible!
2020-5-18
Use props
djiuser_ZutghNDTLB2U
lvl.3
Flight distance : 235768 ft
Germany

Wow that’s so cool. Thank you for sharing!!
I just uploaded a small demo if anyone is interested how it looks:

Nothing fancy done here, except the imported LUT.
2020-5-21
Use props
MisterFrag
lvl.4
United States

How are the colors compared to what you saw at the time? Also, the LUT is designed not to shift the whitebalance, so you must take care to set that appropriately in the camera settings or make an adjustment when editing.
2020-5-21
Use props
Northwood
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Thanks for sharing that.
2020-5-29
Use props
M4cr0s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1404308 ft
Norway

Thanks a lot of sharing this LUT. Makes my life easier. I've tried a bunch of different ones to normalize MA2 footage and none are as good as this. It doesn't crush blacks or highlights or eff up stuff. Nice starting point for edit
2020-7-1
Use props
Bfreed
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8471 ft
United States

Thank you!
2020-7-4
Use props
Bfreed
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8471 ft
United States

MisterFrag
Question for you or anyone who may be using this LUT.
Shot some beautiful stuff recently with a nice blue sky.  I'm seeing a lot of color banding in the sky when in Premiere Pro. Not sure if maybe the LUT has something to do with it?  Or in general if anyone has tips on how to deal with color banding/gradient issues as it may pertain to the sky?  Thank you!
2020-7-8
Use props
MisterFrag
lvl.4
United States

Would it be possible for you to share a short section of the video without the LUT applied so I can look into it? Also, what are your project settings?
2020-7-8
Use props
M4cr0s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1404308 ft
Norway

Bfreed Posted at 7-8 18:09
MisterFrag
Shot some beautiful stuff recently with a nice blue sky.  I'm seeing a lot of color banding in the sky when in Premiere Pro. Not sure if maybe the LUT has something to do with it?  Or in general if anyone has tips on how to deal with color banding/gradient issues as it may pertain to the sky?  Thank you!

I have also come across the same issue with this LUT recently. Banding/posterization in the sky in some occasions. I haven't really found a way to mitigate this properly/elegantly yet, except pulling back things to lower contrast which then again can have other undesirable effects.
2020-7-8
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very cool - thanks for sharing
2020-7-8
Use props
MisterFrag
lvl.4
United States

I need a small sample of the raw footage to investigate and fix this. Thanks in advance for your help.
2020-7-9
Use props
gastone360
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122927 ft
Italy

I have the same problem....the LUT seems very good in color and highlights but I see a lot of pulsing noise and the sky is a lot pixellated.... I've just applied the LUT on the raw image and exported in Davinci Resolve
2020-7-16
Use props
XavierFernandez
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20407 ft
Mexico

Looks great!, thanks for sharing, I was looking for it
Side by side comparison after the LUT is applied https://youtu.be/LIEe3CNyoWI

At least in my quick review, I didn't find any banding, using DaVinci Resolve

Thanks again for sharing it

2020-8-17
Use props
George210477
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

You can not make a LUT that applies to everything...Just good for some environment...for the rest...just use Premiere Pro -Lumetri Color !
2020-8-23
Use props
MisterFrag
lvl.4
United States

This is a technical LUT and not a style or looks LUT. It’s only goal is to take the output from the Mavic Air 2 sensor as recorded in the D-Cinelike profile and produce colors that closely match the actual colors of a calibrated color target. That should also be a useful starting point for further color grading.
2020-8-23
Use props
Hutch360
lvl.1
United States

Very nice!  Many thanks...
2020-8-23
Use props
alexair
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1496644 ft
Germany

Bfreed Posted at 7-8 18:09
MisterFrag
Shot some beautiful stuff recently with a nice blue sky.  I'm seeing a lot of color banding in the sky when in Premiere Pro. Not sure if maybe the LUT has something to do with it?  Or in general if anyone has tips on how to deal with color banding/gradient issues as it may pertain to the sky?  Thank you!

hi all
Same issue for me.  using Vegas PRO  and  MAVIC AIR 2 in D-CINELIKE
light blu sky is viring to orange with this LUT in post production
2020-10-29
Use props
dirkbertie
lvl.3

Germany

Thanks for the LUT
2020-10-29
Use props
WeiSPRoDuCTioNS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81706 ft
Spain

I ¡hadn´t seen this until today. Thank you!!!
2021-3-6
Use props
Dannylux
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53406 ft
Italy

Thanks you were very kind to share your LUT.
I found a lot of correspondence in my videos shot with the Mavic AIR 2 in D-Cinelike format.
Your LUT is a great starting point for creating the perfect colors. But I must admit that it is also a point of arrival for some movies where you don't need to do anything other than apply this LUT.
I am an Italian photojournalist and I use the Mavic Air 2 to document my reports and my working method.
I use FinalCut for video editing.
Bravo and Thanks again.
Paid Pizza and Beer if you come to Tuscany.

Dantès Phographer
2021-9-9
Use props
MisterFrag
lvl.4
United States

I'm glad you find the LUT useful.
2021-9-9
Use props
ririlan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 879154 ft
Canada

I've just download your LUT and it is a GREAT starting point. So glad to have google it.  Thanks
2021-11-16
Use props
Yaros1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Can you please fix the pixelization in the sky? I have a problem that the sky gets pixelizated much!
Anyone know how to fix this??
2021-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules