679 6 2020-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hexecutor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108556 ft
Italy

Hi there!

Pretty new here, (a month or so) and I really like the community and Dji service! And I would share my opinion to get some feedback.

I have read some posts about Mavic Air 2 , and watched 2000 videos, but at the end I kept my mavic mini.

Mavic Air 2 looks great in every aspect for sure. Still there is something doesn’t let me buy it.

Weight.

I live close to Rome Italy, in a really nice place, where fortunately is possible to fly with some limitations, Most of my flights are there and my mavic mini can fly here, atm it needs propeller protections and some more stuff reaching 298g but still under 300g (here in italy the class under 300g can be classified as not offensive) when Easa rules will be effective, things will be even better!

I can fly here in my town, and even being a noobie, videos are great with great subjects! And it doesn’t require particular stuff. It’s easy.

Would be the same with Mavic Air 2? I don’t think so.

Let me know, what you think about this aspect. If I’m wrong or missing something!

2020-5-18
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I much prefer the smaller form factor of the Mini, as well. I hardly get a glance anymore when I lift off.
2020-5-18
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

i don't think you should use prop guards flying outside...and yes unfortunately at the moment for Europe the mini is the better option if you want to fly in cities and in nature. Also with the coming new EU regulation the mini is the safer bet, as the Air 2 lacks the new UA class markings... that is what has put me off for the moment. And doubtful it will get fixed, hopefully the next drones DJI release will have it. And another issue is the lack of ADS-B which is available in models sold in America...
2020-5-18
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

I like my Mini, there are minor imperfections like props durability or not rock solid connection, but with latest fw and app (108) I'm quite satisfied and it works well for me.
I like new Air 2 too, there are great features like Ocusync or better resistance to wind (I like the big size props with lower revs motors ect.), but funny lack of app settings (like gimball and stick speed setting) and upcoming regulations are holding me off for the moment as well. Although I prefer flying in less crowded areas for now (still feel like advanced beginner).
2020-5-19
Use props
Hexecutor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108556 ft
Italy

virtual Posted at 5-19 03:03
I like my Mini, there are minor imperfections like props durability or not rock solid connection, but with latest fw and app (108) I'm quite satisfied and it works well for me.
I like new Air 2 too, there are great features like Ocusync or better resistance to wind (I like the big size props with lower revs motors ect.), but funny lack of app settings (like gimball and stick speed setting) and upcoming regulations are holding me off for the moment as well. Although I prefer flying in less crowded areas for now (still feel like advanced beginner).

Yeah , I bought 3 stacks of official Dji propellers (for the future) coz they lack in durability ..  about connection out of city I reached max 850 meters, in city I need propellers protections so my max is 50m and up 30m. (When EASA regulamentation will be effective : no propellers protections on mavic mini ! )

Still I can fly everywhere doing great shots and videos without any particular requirement (I mean if you don't consider QR code for the cam and insurrance) . 250g weight  is priceless for me.

2020-5-19
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Hexecutor Posted at 5-19 04:26
Yeah , I bought 3 stacks of official Dji propellers (for the future) coz they lack in durability ..  about connection out of city I reached max 850 meters, in city I need propellers protections so my max is 50m and up 30m. (When EASA regulamentation will be effective : no propellers protections on mavic mini ! )

Still I can fly everywhere doing great shots and videos without any particular requirement (I mean if you don't consider QR code for the cam and insurrance) . 250g weight  is priceless for me.

I was able to reach aprox 200m maximum distance in built-up residental area (not using cage outdoors), mostly because of remote position that gets shielded by other houses or trees and affected by wifi routers ect.
I read that Master Airscrew announced tuning props for Mini, so I would like to try a set of these (having 2 sets DJI props as a spare parts).
2020-5-19
Use props
NatureDigital
First Officer
Flight distance : 373002 ft
United States

I like the Mavic Mini, but am also considering upgrading. I think the Mavic Air 2 is a great drone!
2020-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules