Samsung Galaxy Tab S5E works with DJI Fly App
6110 18 2020-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hotrod in Daytona
lvl.3
United States

Just and FYI that you can install DJI Fly App from the app store on this tablet.  I've had 2 flights with no issues setup this way.  

I have the 64GB with 4GB of memory version.
2020-5-18
Use props
Hotrod in Daytona
lvl.3
United States

Android 9 with DJI Fly App 1.1.0 (I won't be updating anytime soon since this is working and only use the tablet for this flying my Air 2)
2020-5-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Currently, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S5E is not on the supported mobile devices list of the DJI FLY app. Although it can be downloaded on Samsung Galaxy Tab S5E, the functionality of DJI FLY might be infected. Please refer to more information in this link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2020-5-18
Use props
Hotrod in Daytona
lvl.3
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-18 21:30
Hi, there. Currently, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S5E is not on the supported mobile devices list of the DJI FLY app. Although it can be downloaded on Samsung Galaxy Tab S5E, the functionality of DJI FLY might be infected. Please refer to more information in this link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
[view_image]

I'm just helping you test for the devices you don't have time to test/validate on yet.  If I see any issues, I'll report them.  So far, its just the normal android issue of only having 2 options for the function button.  I'm using the correct version of the application and a correct version of Android 64bit.   Considering that it is the same USB-C controller on this tablet that is in the phones you listed, odds are pretty good it will continue to work since its the same chip just in a tablet instead of a phone.

So far it works fine. /shrug
2020-5-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hotrod in Daytona Posted at 5-19 14:56
I'm just helping you test for the devices you don't have time to test/validate on yet.  If I see any issues, I'll report them.  So far, its just the normal android issue of only having 2 options for the function button.  I'm using the correct version of the application and a correct version of Android 64bit.   Considering that it is the same USB-C controller on this tablet that is in the phones you listed, odds are pretty good it will continue to work since its the same chip just in a tablet instead of a phone.

Please let us know if you have issues with your end for us to help you further. Thank you for your support!
2020-5-30
Use props
bp328igmail.com
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124590 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-18 21:30
Hi, there. Currently, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S5E is not on the supported mobile devices list of the DJI FLY app. Although it can be downloaded on Samsung Galaxy Tab S5E, the functionality of DJI FLY might be infected. Please refer to more information in this link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
[view_image]

Does DJI really keep this list up-to-date? It looks to be more of a guideline. The iPad Mini 4 and iPad Air 2 are listed but not the Mini 5 or the Air 3.
2020-7-6
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

Hotrod in Daytona Posted at 5-19 14:56
I'm just helping you test for the devices you don't have time to test/validate on yet.  If I see any issues, I'll report them.  So far, its just the normal android issue of only having 2 options for the function button.  I'm using the correct version of the application and a correct version of Android 64bit.   Considering that it is the same USB-C controller on this tablet that is in the phones you listed, odds are pretty good it will continue to work since its the same chip just in a tablet instead of a phone.

You go, the Samsung G Tab 3s wasn't listed for the Mini either but it works fine. The Samsung Galaxy 9+ is a Mini version of the Tab 3s Continued enjoyable flights
2020-7-6
Use props
Mancosaurio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118622 ft
Guatemala

Hi! In 2 days I will buy the galaxy tab s5c, have you had any problem with the cable from the tablet to the remote control?

Is it necessary to buy a special cable? or does the usb C cable of the tablet do the same function?

Thank you
2020-11-5
Use props
dallen1984
New
Flight distance : 412461 ft
United Kingdom

My Samsung Tab S5E also works but do you have the issue where Altitude Zone defaults to Beijing and not your home location? All my permissions are set to Allow. Running DJI Fly v1.2.4
2021-2-5
Use props
djiuser_TzosPW7mw0ob
New

Chile

Llevo 4 dias provando la galaxi tab s5e 4gb ram, octacore,64 gb con mi mavic air 2 lo e volado 400 mts distancia y ningun problema con dji fly v1.3.0(928) descargada de aplicaciones dji...
2021-4-5
Use props
djiuser_NKyhgnERjhUb
lvl.1

Germany

dallen1984 Posted at 2-5 00:42
My Samsung Tab S5E also works but do you have the issue where Altitude Zone defaults to Beijing and not your home location? All my permissions are set to Allow. Running DJI Fly v1.2.4

I have the same problem.
Is there already a solution?
Otherwise S5e works fine.
2021-4-19
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144649 ft
United States

bp328igmail.com Posted at 2020-7-6 19:45
Does DJI really keep this list up-to-date? It looks to be more of a guideline. The iPad Mini 4 and iPad Air 2 are listed but not the Mini 5 or the Air 3.

Yeah I hear you. DJI's list they share with us each time someone announces a tab or phone that works with the fly app, is simply a list of products that DJI has 'Tested" and approved for use. The phone I use isn't on the list either. Samusng A51U 5G. Works great however, not on the list.  
2021-4-19
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
United States

Mancosaurio Posted at 2020-11-5 20:40
Hi! In 2 days I will buy the galaxy tab s5c, have you had any problem with the cable from the tablet to the remote control?

Is it necessary to buy a special cable? or does the usb C cable of the tablet do the same function?

The only problem might be how "thick" the end of the cable is. There is very little space on the top of the controller to fit most standard cables. I use a USB c female to male adaptor cable. Leave the original DJI cable coming off the controller, plug it in the the female end of the adaptor and plug the male end of the adaptor to the pad. This is the one I use and it works perfect. You might want a longer one if your pad is 10".
https://www.amazon.com/Extension ... 8827014&sr=8-10
2021-4-19
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
United States

dallen1984 Posted at 2-5 00:42

No GPS in your tablet. Your tablet needs to be hooked to WiFi and location services turned on for it to know where it is.
2021-4-19
Use props
djiuser_NKyhgnERjhUb
lvl.1

Germany

JimDandy Posted at 4-19 02:13
No GPS in your tablet. Your tablet needs to be hooked to WiFi and location services turned on for it to know where it is.

The location service is switched on, all rights assigned, WLAN activated.
Google Maps works
2021-4-19
Use props
fans1adbdd02
lvl.2
United States

Galaxy Tab A smt510 Android 10 will not install dJi fly. It worked well with Dji go. So i bought the new air 2s..   now another 400 or so more to fly .    $ 2000 just to update to a new drone
2021-4-20
Use props
ptidard
New
Flight distance : 11060 ft
France

je me demande franchement si sais pas une volonté de la part de dji  de ne pas vouloir que les tablette Android ne fonctionne pas avec dji Fly, mais sa serais une grossière erreur de leurs part car plus de la moitié des personne possesseur de mavic  son des possesseur d Android et pas Apple, ils oubli qu' il y a de la concurrence et que l ont pourrais bien allez voir ailleurs si sa ne s arrange pas
2021-4-27
Use props
ptidard
New
Flight distance : 11060 ft
France

DJI Gamora Posted at 2020-5-18 21:30
[view_image]

faudrait voir a mettre a jour la compatibilité des tablette car appart pour Apple rien pour Android
2021-4-27
Use props
djiuser_12HtJoWtZQGu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35528 ft
France

It's true that the list includes IOS phones and tablets (easy to do, the list is short and well-defined) but ONLY Android phones (and this is just an exhaustive list).

It's sad for Android users (by the way, we are probably in the majority) but there are SO many tablets on android, and so many different brands and sub-brands (lot of chinese ones)

It is useful that users who have positive or negative experiences with tablets express it somewhere in a clear way. Like here for example: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdfZhqhjNCUDXtsPeJfbDnZaaudmvX54fYd9zi_envX1SXwsg/viewfor.

The phones are a little bit small for a well immersive flight (even the biggest ones) or to make really perfect framing, when you want to render something well. Let's make a list of the working tablets (and the corresponding DJI-Fly versions)
2021-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules