Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Actual height zero point shift
668 4 2020-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KDP +
lvl.4
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Belgium

Hello DJI Forum,

A small question, just to verify if this is normal or not...

When I make a departure with the drone, the actual height measurement is 0.0 meter.
When I fly for a while (a few minutes is enough), I notice that the actual height from the ground level is moving in negative direction...

This means when I fly 1 meter above ground, the height measurement is displaying a value of -5.0 meters...

When landing, I am on -6.0 meters, and as soon as the drone is landed, the actual value is reset to 0.0 meters.

Did anybody notice this behavior also ?  Is this normal or what is causing this zero point shift..?

Curious and thanks for any feedback,

KDP

2020-5-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The height is derived from measurement of air pressure.
It's normal for it to vary by a few feet over the time of a flight.
Six metres is a bit much, recalibrating the IMU might help make the variation a little better.
2020-5-18
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Pretty common on the M2 and M1.  Its likely the barometer isnt temperature compensated (or properly) and after a long or hot flight the point can easily by up to 6m lower than it was when you took off.
If you do a 2nd flight immediately the same doesnt happen so it looks temperature related.
2020-5-18
Use props
KDP +
lvl.4
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Belgium

Ooh, OK.... I thought it was working via GPS-signals also...

Thanks for your feedback !
2020-5-18
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
Thailand

KDP + Posted at 5-18 23:56
Ooh, OK.... I thought it was working via GPS-signals also...

Thanks for your feedback !

EXIF will have GPS altitude but its a lot less accurate than a barometer (and obviously only work with a GPS signal of good quality).
2020-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules