1461 32 2020-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Any idea when we will see Air2 compatible with Smart Controller .
2020-5-18
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

The sooner the better.
2020-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

BobWinNV Posted at 5-18 13:40
The sooner the better.

Yeah, I like the new controller, but not having to use my phone makes a big difference. Maybe a moderator can jump in and let us know.
2020-5-18
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I noticed that DJI Fly got an update today V 1.1.2. I was hoping for some mention of the smart controller but all the notes said were:

What’s New
-Fixes crashing issues and improves app stability.
2020-5-18
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

I cannot wait for it. I already downloaded DJI Fly app on the SC thinking that I’d get the update this week.
Let’s hope it’s going be available soon.
2020-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

dronespilot Posted at 5-18 14:08
I cannot wait for it. I already downloaded DJI Fly app on the SC thinking that I’d get the update this week.

Yeah hopefully we don’t have to wait to long.
2020-5-18
Use props
Terminal Velocity
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6248064 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm with you guys, can't wait.  I've gotten spoiled to grabbing the SC and Zoom and being in the air in a matter of seconds.  I sure hope they get the MA2 going real soon and it will be a huge disappointment if they don't.  I'm also not a fan of the new 'Fly' app and sure hope they will add some improvements as I have really enjoyed flying the MA2 so far.
2020-5-18
Use props
threndil
New
United States

Terminal Velocity Posted at 5-18 19:01
I'm with you guys, can't wait.  I've gotten spoiled to grabbing the SC and Zoom and being in the air in a matter of seconds.  I sure hope they get the MA2 going real soon and it will be a huge disappointment if they don't.  I'm also not a fan of the new 'Fly' app and sure hope they will add some improvements as I have really enjoyed flying the MA2 so far.

Question from a beginner - What benefits does the Smart Controller provide over the controller that was included with the MA2?

Please forgive my ignorance. I've only pulled the trigger on an MA2 today and have spent the day trying to learn as much as possible and what I will truly need to get going well enough.
2020-5-18
Use props
Pilot.Isaac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 220554 ft
United States

As MA2 uses Ocusync 2.0, it should be compatible.
2020-5-18
Use props
0rcinus
lvl.3
  • >>>
Croatia

threndil Posted at 5-18 19:11
Question from a beginner - What benefits does the Smart Controller provide over the controller that was included with the MA2?

Please forgive my ignorance. I've only pulled the trigger on an MA2 today and have spent the day trying to learn as much as possible and what I will truly need to get going well enough.

For one, not flying blind in summer noon sun.
Second, not having your phone overheat in said sun, throttle the cpu and/or shutdown on you.
Third, battery life, especially when travelling or hiking.

Also, not having to worry about notifications and distractions while flying.
2020-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

threndil Posted at 5-18 19:11

Please forgive my ignorance. I've only pulled the trigger on an MA2 today and have spent the day trying to learn as much as possible and what I will truly need to get going well enough.

Smart controller, provides a dedicated controller with built in screen 1000nits so pretty bright, a quicker start up time , a dedicated device for your drone saving the user need to use his phone, storage for footage and flight logs etc, it’s also designed to work with all Ocysync 2 drones.

It’s pretty expensive and I suppose to get the most from it, having a couple of drones and for someone doing a lot of flying. Do you need it NO but it’s a great accompaniment for any drone.
I have to say new RC with Air2 is pretty good and a really good upgrade from previous Mavic controllers, it’s more than sufficient for Air2.
2020-5-19
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 15:48
Yeah hopefully we don’t have to wait to long.

How long is too long?  
It would be ok if it was compatible with the Crystal Sky, then the wait wouldn’t be unbearable.
We have a lot of sun here and shade doesn’t  do so well
2020-5-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ET214 Posted at 5-19 08:45
How long is too long?  
It would be ok if it was compatible with the Crystal Sky, then the wait wouldn’t be unbearable.
We have a lot of sun here and shade doesn’t  do so well

I think I’ll have it for the next two years, so I’ve no problem waiting, not many people have Smart controller, I’m certain they can see what they are videoing just like I can with iPhone XR and I find the new controller pretty good, but I know it’s not going to be to long and when it comes that’ll be fine.
2020-5-19
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

What is the Smart Controller architecture ? 32 bit or 64 bit ?
2020-5-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

castormalin Posted at 5-19 10:45
What is the Smart Controller architecture ? 32 bit or 64 bit ?

Well as far as I know 64bit,  dji have already said it would introduce FW to make compatible Mavic Air 2,
So I presume it will work with fly app which is also 64 bit .
2020-5-19
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

Fortunately, the smart controller is not a repackaged Crystalsky so there is a reasonable hope for the smartcontroller to support Fly app.
Actually, seems there are many rooms of improvements for Fly app. Some things that were present on the very old models, not yet installed
One think I'd like to have is the battery bar and the expo adjustment for the joysticks. It's purely SW and not really 'premium' functions, but useful for the ergonomics.
On the other hand, I support the idea to stop with DJIGo4 and restart from scratch  a 100% new & clean app.
I prefer wait a little bit for some features and get a stable and efficient app with a good basis
2020-5-19
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dronespilot Posted at 5-18 14:08
I cannot wait for it. I already downloaded DJI Fly app on the SC thinking that I’d get the update this week.

Hi
How did you get the DJI Fly App on the SC? I would be interested.
Thanks
2020-5-20
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ET214 Posted at 5-20 07:14
Hi
How did you get the DJI Fly App on the SC? I would be interested.
Thanks

Here

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

I clicked on Android and installed it.

Here's the link for the Android:
https://service-adhoc.dji.com/do ... 2-b4ab-9cf977d77309
2020-5-20
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dronespilot Posted at 5-20 09:13
Here

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

Oh so you used the browser on the SC?

Cool
2020-5-20
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ET214 Posted at 5-20 21:43
Oh so you used the browser on the SC?

Cool

Yes. The default browser installed called '“Lightning Browser”
2020-5-21
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dronespilot Posted at 5-21 00:21
Yes. The default browser installed called '“Lightning Browser”

Thanks...  does it open up? Have you tried connecting the Mavic Air 2?
I will test that this weekend.. It may be fun. It's so hard and frustrating   going  back to fighting sun glare on the phone/tablet when flying, Its irritating..
2020-5-21
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ET214 Posted at 5-21 07:29
I will test that this weekend.. It may be fun. It's so hard and frustrating   going  back to fighting sun glare on the phone/tablet when flying, Its irritating..

Yes it works fine. But it does not connect with the MA2. However, I tested it with the M2P and I could see the live feed and I control the camera and change the settings. Of course I did not fly with it and I would not risk it.
2020-5-21
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ET214 Posted at 5-21 07:29

I feel you. I was expecting to see the update sooner. It’d be great to use the SC with both the M2P and the MA2. Let’s hope that we see the update in the coming weeks.
2020-5-21
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dronespilot Posted at 5-21 09:55
Yes it works fine. But it does not connect with the MA2. However, I tested it with the M2P and I could see the live feed and I control the camera and change the settings. Of course I did not fly with it and I would not risk it.

Are you saying that you can see your M2P on the Fly app running on the Smart Controller?
2020-5-21
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BobWinNV Posted at 5-21 10:45
Are you saying that you can see your M2P on the Fly app running on the Smart Controller?

That's right.
2020-5-21
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BobWinNV Posted at 5-21 10:45
Are you saying that you can see your M2P on the Fly app running on the Smart Controller?

I did not fly with it though. But I was able to change the camera settings and adjust the gimbal smoothness and pitch speed.
2020-5-21
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dronespilot Posted at 5-21 10:52
I did not fly with it though. But I was able to change the camera settings and adjust the gimbal smoothness and pitch speed.

That is very interesting.  Hopefully it is a good sign.
2020-5-21
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dronespilot Posted at 5-21 09:55

Hi so I was able to download and install. I did pant see the Ma jc 2 Pro I. The list so I did  not try and connect. Just the mavic Air 2. In the list I only saw Mavic Mini and Mavic Air 2.
Just waiting. June/July of this year would be nice.  Travel and crowds will be down so it may be a great time to go out and fly.
Thanks for the experiment. I may try and connect the Mavic Air 2 just to see. I don’t anticipate it working.
2020-5-21
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BobWinNV Posted at 5-21 14:05
That is very interesting.  Hopefully it is a good sign.

Yes, I was trying to be ready for using the SC with the MA2.  
2020-5-21
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ET214 Posted at 5-21 14:14
Hi so I was able to download and install. I did pant see the Ma jc 2 Pro I. The list so I did  not try and connect. Just the mavic Air 2. In the list I only saw Mavic Mini and Mavic Air 2.
Just waiting. June/July of this year would be nice.  Travel and crowds will be down so it may be a great time to go out and fly.
Thanks for the experiment. I may try and connect the Mavic Air 2 just to see. I don’t anticipate it working.

Ok, great!

You don't see the Mavic 2 Pro in the list of drones. However, when the Mavic 2 Pro is connected to the SC, and you open the Fly App on the SC, you'll be able to see the M2P photo and click "go fly", and then you will be able to control the camera and the other settings.
2020-5-21
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dronespilot Posted at 5-21 14:19
Ok, great!

You don't see the Mavic 2 Pro in the list of drones. However, when the Mavic 2 Pro is connected to the SC, and you open the Fly App on the SC, you'll be able to see the M2P photo and click "go fly", and then you will be able to control the camera and the other settings.

Cool. I’ll try it out during the daylight.
Did you at least spin up the props?
2020-5-21
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ET214 Posted at 5-21 20:17
Cool. I’ll try it out during the daylight.
Did you at least spin up the props?

See the thread here where I posted some screenshots.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=216094
2020-5-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

0rcinus Posted at 5-18 19:43
For one, not flying blind in summer noon sun.
Second, not having your phone overheat in said sun, throttle the cpu and/or shutdown on you.
Third, battery life, especially when travelling or hiking.

Yeah phone overheating could be a problem considering how long battery runs for.
2020-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules