DJI Fly on-screen Battery Indicator
3548 12 2020-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_B1YzCjB6fTy1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13625 ft
United States

I find the Battery Indicator sizing and contrast to be very hard to read within the DJI Fly app.  There are white numbers on top of the white background.  Is any consideration been given to updating this for readability?  Thanks!
2020-5-18
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

This needs to be fixed ASAP. Now it affects both the Mavic Mini and the Mavic Air 2.
2020-5-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thanks for your feedback. I've transferred your advice to our product department. I apologize for the inconvenience caused.
2020-5-18
Use props
djiuser_wsxLUA0W5jjt
lvl.1

United States

I completely agree.  This is a must fix.
2020-5-18
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think this is an issue with the screen aspect ratio and the way the images fit on different devices. On my "unapproved" Samsung tablet,  there are black bands on the top and bottom that make it a bit easier to read the indicators. That is true for the Mini and the Air 2. If they "fixed" the problem, you would either have a smaller image or one that is cropped.
2020-5-18
Use props
Kris Murphy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 264380 ft
Ireland

DJI guys, please fix it ASAP or port Go4 app to use with Air2
2020-5-20
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

GaryDoug Posted at 5-18 20:38
I think this is an issue with the screen aspect ratio and the way the images fit on different devices. On my "unapproved" Samsung tablet,  there are black bands on the top and bottom that make it a bit easier to read the indicators. That is true for the Mini and the Air 2. If they "fixed" the problem, you would either have a smaller image or one that is cropped.

that moment when the unapproved device works better than the approved ones )
2020-5-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I find this bizarre, I wear glasses and I can see dji fly app telemetry very clearly , I also love the fact that the app is completely free of clutter it’s ease of use is so much better than go4 and I mean so much better, so if they’re going to change, do it without ridiculous background boxes and clutter .
2020-5-20
Use props
K9JDN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 893819 ft
  • >>>
United States

This issue with the DJI Fly App display of the battery percentage in white has been there ever since the app was introduced with the Mavic Mini.  It is generally unreadable when flying with a sky as the background.  I wish they would fix the contrast or make the text color changeable.
2020-5-20
Use props
K9JDN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 893819 ft
  • >>>
United States

This issue with the DJI Fly App display of the battery percentage in white has been there ever since the app was introduced with the Mavic Mini.  It is generally unreadable when flying with a sky as the background.  I wish they would fix the contrast or make the text color changeable.
2020-5-20
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Should be an option to alter the appearance of the metrics.  I agree, flew with the Fly app for the first time today, it was tough to see the battery indicator.
2020-5-20
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 5-18 20:38

Fixed it on the iPad Mini only if you are using 16:9.  If you set photo to 4:3 then the bands disappear again.
2020-5-20
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

For months, everyone has been asking for a change to improve visibility but it seems that it is a very difficult thing

2020-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules