Mavic Air 2 ActiveTrack & APAS in EXTREME Wind!
543 5 2020-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

You'll enjoy this one, the incredible Mavic Air 2 working it's way through a tight forest while the wind is gusting and blowing, it is just fantastic how it navigates itself so efficiently with ActiveTrack 3.0 and we just have to HOPE that this updated version is brought to the Mavic 2 range as well.

The only downside (as you'll see in this video) are the lack of side-sensors which are a major miss on this drone. IR sensors are not expensive and it may have increased the cost of the drone a little, but that one addition would have been invaluable in making this the perfect little tracking drone.

2020-5-18
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

1. I wouldn't hold my breath for AT 3.0 to make it into the M2 series
2. Side and top sensors were not omitted because of the price, they were most likely omitted to create a gap to the upcoming M3 series
2020-5-19
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

A progression of AT 2.0 but hoped for more.
2020-5-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agreed!!! They are saving that for the  MP3
2020-5-19
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

Ice_2k Posted at 5-19 00:30
1. I wouldn't hold my breath for AT 3.0 to make it into the M2 series
2. Side and top sensors were not omitted because of the price, they were most likely omitted to create a gap to the upcoming M3 series

The additional sensors may also be omitted because of processing power.  Processing all the data from 12 sensors (vs the 6 on the MA2) requires more processing power or for the drone to slow down a lot so it can keep up.
2020-5-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video!
2020-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now