Message to DJI. replace or repair 4 day old drone?
1782 28 2020-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1033222 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi DJI.
I am in the process of sending my drone to Holland to be assessed for a possible faulty motor.
I do not want my care plan to be used as its warranty. could you please confirm this?

also can you please tell me, if it is found that the motor is faulty, will the drone be replaced or a new motor fitted?
As I have been asked in the request, I am only sending back the drone without controller and batteries etc. Just the defective unit.
I would like clarification though whether it will be replaced or repaired.
I can give my case number on request if you need this.

Thanks

2020-5-19
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10337090 ft
Canada

Far better off to send controller also just in case they send you a new drone
2020-5-19
Use props
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Picanoc Jack Posted at 5-19 03:01
Far better off to send controller also just in case they send you a new drone

the controller is ok though.. I think they can send a new drone without the batteries and controller etc.. Im sure they would have stock for these situations.. I hope anyway.
I'd like clarification from DJI. Should I send back everything or not? I've registered it as only sending back the faulty unit and not the rest but maybe I should pack it all in together, The return process wasnt so specific in my case.
2020-5-19
Use props
Hotrod in Daytona
lvl.3
United States

I wouldn't count on them having stock during these times.  Covid has slowed everyone's supply chain down.
2020-5-19
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10337090 ft
Canada

Whenever I had to send my drone for repairs I sent my controller with it, the controller has to be matched with the drone as far as I can see.
2020-5-19
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

As far as I know, DJI will give you a new drone. If they ask you to send the drone only, then that's what they would do if they find the drone is defective. This was the case for my Mavic Mini a while ago
2020-5-19
Use props
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Picanoc Jack Posted at 5-19 03:20
Whenever I had to send my drone for repairs I sent my controller with it, the controller has to be matched with the drone as far as I can see.

As far as I know, any controller can be linked with any drone. Just need to pair them.
on the return request form it asked if I knew the faulty component and if so, only send the component itself. In this case, I cant remove the motor so I need o send the drone on its own.. they specifically state not to send anything else. I suppose we'll see what happens. Just dont want to be weeks with no drone after being so excited to get this only last week.
2020-5-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If its only 4 days old can you return in to the retailer instead for a complete replacement.
2020-5-19
Use props
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 5-19 05:17
If its only 4 days old can you return in to the retailer instead for a complete replacement.

The retailer is DJI themselves in China. a lengthy process and no very little stock. I know everything else works perfect. If they replace just the drone, its a bit of peace of mind.. otherwise I runt he risk of some other issue coming on the next one maybe?
2020-5-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dublinphantom Posted at 5-19 05:20
The retailer is DJI themselves in China. a lengthy process and no very little stock. I know everything else works perfect. If they replace just the drone, its a bit of peace of mind.. otherwise I runt he risk of some other issue coming on the next one maybe?

You may get a refurb, but as these are so new hopefully you'll get a new one.
2020-5-19
Use props
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 5-19 05:23
You may get a refurb, but as these are so new hopefully you'll get a new one.

how would I know the difference? Surely I can demand a new one if they are to replace it? especially being only days old.
DJI can you confirm this??
2020-5-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dublinphantom Posted at 5-19 05:25
how would I know the difference? Surely I can demand a new one if they are to replace it? especially being only days old.
DJI can you confirm this??

Well make a note of the serial number before you send it in, then you'll know if its replaced or repaired.  Usually for speed they send a replacement but they won't all be new in the same way as Apple doesn't give new phones for warranty replacements.
2020-5-19
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hope it gets sorted out for you.
2020-5-19
Use props
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

I'd rather a new one or my own one back with a new motor. This is what scares me about sending it in at all.. I mean a few people here say this isnt even an issue.. they say its normal some motors have a little more resistance than others. what do you think?

2020-5-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s almost certain your drone will be replaced, Holland is an assessment Centre not a repair Centre , drones with problems are all shipped back to China to be refurbished. Because you’re drone is only released it’s likely you will receive a brand new drone, two months down the road it could be a refurb as new.
2020-5-19
Use props
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 5-19 05:31
It’s almost certain your drone will be replaced, Holland is an assessment Centre not a repair Centre , drones with problems are all shipped back to China to be refurbished. Because you’re drone is only released it’s likely you will receive a brand new drone, two months down the road it could be a refurb as new.

I really hope so.. How will I know the difference when it comes back? I presume even the refurbished ones come back with new stickers etc on them
2020-5-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Dublinphantom Posted at 5-19 05:37
I really hope so.. How will I know the difference when it comes back? I presume even the refurbished ones come back with new stickers etc on them

It will be new or as good as new, but this soon I’d bet brand new, serial number, if you have care refresh you’ll have to re bind . Check it over make sure you’re 100% happy. Good luck.
2020-5-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Dublinphantom, if the drone is within 15 days and it is confirmed as a warranty case after the assessment, we will have it replaced with a new one and the DJI Care Plan will not be used.
Could you please provide me with your case number so I can keep an eye on your case?
Should you have any further questions regarding this, please feel free to contact me.
2020-5-19
Use props
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Natalia Posted at 5-19 05:47
Hi Dublinphantom, if the drone is within 15 days and it is confirmed as a warranty case after the assessment, we will have it replaced with a new one and the DJI Care Plan will not be used.
Could you please provide me with your case number so I can keep an eye on your case?
Should you have any further questions regarding this, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks Natalia. That gives me a bit of peace of mind.
My case is number is CAS-4322284-Q4B4N
You can this this through my account also.Just one other thing. In this case, should I send back everything or just the drone itself as stated int he registration process?

Many thanks

2020-5-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Dublinphantom Posted at 5-19 05:55
Thanks Natalia. That gives me a bit of peace of mind.
My case is number is CAS-4322284-Q4B4N
You can this this through my account also.Just one other thing. In this case, should I send back everything or just the drone itself as stated int he registration process?

In this case, you can send the whole package back, then we will have the whole package replaced. But no worries, if you just send the drone itself in, we can have the drone replaced only as well.
2020-5-19
Use props
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Natalia Posted at 5-19 22:48
In this case, you can send the whole package back, then we will have the whole package replaced. But no worries, if you just send the drone itself in, we can have the drone replaced only as well.

ok. I have already packaged just the drone and left it out for collection today. I'm fine to hold on to the rest as everything else is perfect. I will just need to re-link the new drone to the remote if it is replaced.i did put it in the original box. If you could send back the original box with it, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again.
2020-5-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Dublinphantom Posted at 5-19 23:09
ok. I have already packaged just the drone and left it out for collection today. I'm fine to hold on to the rest as everything else is perfect. I will just need to re-link the new drone to the remote if it is replaced.i did put it in the original box. If you could send back the original box with it, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again.

You are welcome, hope you can get the replacement back soon. Any further questions, feel free to reply my post here.
2020-5-19
Use props
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Natalia Posted at 5-19 23:51
You are welcome, hope you can get the replacement back soon. Any further questions, feel free to reply my post here.

Hi Natalia,
Im glad I sent it back now. Could you please look at this post

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=215926

He had the same issue as me and today his drone fell from the sky after a motor failed. It may not have been this but it seems a coincidence that he reported the same issue as me and the next day his drone failed.
Just in case the assessment centre in Holland say my motor is ok, could you please, if possible inform them of this situation on the forum.
At this stage I really would prefer a new drone and not to be told the motor is ok..
Thanks for your help again. You have been very helpful.

2020-5-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Dublinphantom Posted at 5-20 03:43
Hi Natalia,
Im glad I sent it back now. Could you please look at this post

Hi there, please don't worry, our team will assess it carefully after receiving your drone. I will also help you keep an eye on it. Should there any further assistance needed, please feel free to let me know.
2020-5-22
Use props
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Natalia Posted at 5-22 05:31
Hi there, please don't worry, our team will assess it carefully after receiving your drone. I will also help you keep an eye on it. Should there any further assistance needed, please feel free to let me know.

Thank you Natalia
2020-5-22
Use props
djiuser_C05L9Bjl9ngD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 577047 ft
United Kingdom

hello. For some reason I can't post a new post on DJI forum. I have just recently bought a Mavic Air 2 and I M having range issues. DJI have told me to return it. Now I am very worried I will get a refurbished drone as a replacement. The Drone is only a few months old. If the drone needs replacing then sending a refurbished replacement is no good. It should be replaced with a new unit. Its like buying a brand new car doing a few 100 miles in it and taking it back to the dealer for some warranty work and they replace it with a totally different and used car  its not acceptable with the price it costs. Can anyone tell me if I will get a refurbished or brand new unit?
2020-7-6
Use props
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

In the case of a car a few months old, they would replace the parts needed. if they had to replace the entire car they would probably give you a demo car with similar mileage. I doubt they would give you another brand new car unless it was only a few days old  or possible weeks. not months though.
I do get what you mean though. with Drones, refurbished could be one that was crashed and repaired and you just dont know what your going to get.. its nice to know its real history. Personally if the option was there I'd prefer they repair my own one and send it back since I know exactly how its been handled since new
2020-7-6
Use props
Badwolf67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132457 ft
United States

Dublinphantom Posted at 2020-7-6 07:02
In the case of a car a few months old, they would replace the parts needed. if they had to replace the entire car they would probably give you a demo car with similar mileage. I doubt they would give you another brand new car unless it was only a few days old  or possible weeks. not months though.
I do get what you mean though. with Drones, refurbished could be one that was crashed and repaired and you just dont know what your going to get.. its nice to know its real history. Personally if the option was there I'd prefer they repair my own one and send it back since I know exactly how its been handled since new

Did they send you a new drone. I have one I bought on Dec 2 2020 and the video is skipping frames.  I am just outside Bestbuy return policy so I need to send back to DJI. I don't want to use my care warranty either. The drone has less than 2 hours of flight on it. It worked fine then firmware updates and it stopped working right.
I spoke with them online but am afraid they are going to try to charge me or use my care. I don't think after 60 DAYS I should need to pay them anything and should get a replacement drone.
2021-1-30
Use props
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Badwolf67 Posted at 1-30 01:56
Did they send you a new drone. I have one I bought on Dec 2 2020 and the video is skipping frames.  I am just outside Bestbuy return policy so I need to send back to DJI. I don't want to use my care warranty either. The drone has less than 2 hours of flight on it. It worked fine then firmware updates and it stopped working right.
I spoke with them online but am afraid they are going to try to charge me or use my care. I don't think after 60 DAYS I should need to pay them anything and should get a replacement drone.

From what i remember, as long as it was under a certain amount of days since i bought it, its then a ditect replacement so 8n my case i got a brwnd new one. But either way, you shouldnt have to use your refresh. It has warranty for one year. Justbsemd them a video of the issue first.
2021-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules