Mavic Air 2 - Gimbal problem from the box!
4276 13 2020-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KrisuIsBack
lvl.1

Poland

Hello,
I Bought Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo.
I opened the box and set mavic up, updated software and try to make a test flight. I noticed that app is showing an error 40002 gimbal stuck or Gimbal Overload.
When this shows up I am not able to calibrate gimbal. It stops at 10%
But if not Gimbal Calibration is succeed.

I noticed that when the drone is off a camara isnt straight horizontaly.
I tried to calibrate IMU, sensors, compass, reinstal software.

Is this a software problem?

2020-5-19
Use props
djiuser_1dm5vDOJHBtV
lvl.1

United States

Mine has already been returned to bb, but I reordered hoping it was a lemon.
2020-5-19
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've heard of several cases of this. Open a ticket?
2020-5-19
Use props
KrisuIsBack
lvl.1

Poland

Vlas Posted at 5-19 11:00
I've heard of several cases of this. Open a ticket?

Could You please write what was a solution?
What do You mean by Open a Ticket?
2020-5-19
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

KrisuIsBack Posted at 5-19 11:22
Could You please write what was a solution?
What do You mean by Open a Ticket?

Notify DJI. No solution I am aware of.
2020-5-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, KrisuIsBack. I apologize for any inconvenience caused.  Please let me assist you with troubleshooting.
  1. Update the firmware to the latest.  
  2. Please check if you have taken off the Gimbal Protector and unfold arms.

3. Please check is there something stuck in the gimbal.
  4. Please make sure no third party filters attached.
If the problem still exists, it is recommended to send it in for further diagnosis. I apologize again for the trouble.
https://repair.dji.com/repair/process/device
2020-5-20
Use props
paultbg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131204 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-20 00:12
Hi, KrisuIsBack. I apologize for any inconvenience caused.  Please let me assist you with troubleshooting.
  1. Update the firmware to the latest.  
  2. Please check if you have taken off the Gimbal Protector and unfold arms.

I have a varition of the same gimbal overload problem. In my case it is flying well no issues for 3-4 minutes and then it will pop up the error about gimbal overload. If I land it will disapear in 30 secs or so and once I take off again it will re-appear within a minute this time. The gimbal is not stucked, seems smooth and has bee calibrated several times by now. Can you advise DJI? It's a less than a week new drone...
2020-5-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

paultbg Posted at 5-20 09:09
I have a varition of the same gimbal overload problem. In my case it is flying well no issues for 3-4 minutes and then it will pop up the error about gimbal overload. If I land it will disapear in 30 secs or so and once I take off again it will re-appear within a minute this time. The gimbal is not stucked, seems smooth and has bee calibrated several times by now. Can you advise DJI? It's a less than a week new drone...

Hi, paultbg. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. It must have been frustrating for you. If the problem still exists after trying all troubleshooting steps according to my last reply, it is recommended to send it in for further diagnosis.
Please initiate a Online Repair Request here, https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav
2020-5-21
Use props
paultbg
lvl.4
United Kingdom

For future reference (and maybe it will help other users) , I have solved the problem (for the moment at least) by re-calibrating the gimbal, IMU and the compass.
I have been able to have a full flight yesterday without any errors and with perfect image recorder.
The one point still pending is the tracking as the drone was not able to track me more than 5 meters on open field. I'll check that in the next few days and report back.
Ty for the support.
2020-5-22
Use props
91zulu
New

United States

I received mine a few days ago, first thing, I did the upgrade and noticed that the gimbal did not move when I turned the drone on. Did all calibrations and nothing. The gimbal out the box was bad. That's not good. I held the gimbal to see if it had power and for the most part it was limp no resistance at all. Once I felt a little resistance but the camera was pointing to the left, this was after several rebooting the drone. I'm sending it back and waiting to see if Dji is going to address this issue or pretend it don't exist. This sucks big time Dji get your act together. For start this drone is lacking the solid feel of the mavic. Feels more like something from Toys R Us. I'm wondering how cheap did Dji go..
2020-6-21
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>
United States

When the drone is off the camera doesn't have to be straight because there is no need for self leveling...it has to be  powered obviously.... When the drone is off so it doesn't matter if it slightly leans to one side, or slightly looks up a little bit...... what you should be worried about is what is happening when the drone is on and powered and what errors it gives you
2020-6-21
Use props
fans0252a390
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-21 02:48
Hi, paultbg. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. It must have been frustrating for you. If the problem still exists after trying all troubleshooting steps according to my last reply, it is recommended to send it in for further diagnosis.
Please initiate a Online Repair Request here, https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav

Please check PM. TY
2020-7-12
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the same issue. Got a replacement,  contact DJI Supports.
2020-7-12
Use props
djiuser_r8wS1EwW8top
New

United States

Oliver Escalante

My issue is with my gable during a hyper lapse it fidgets up and down. Not sure why it does this Hopefully there a firmware update that will fix this issues kinda bummed since I cant use this footage.
2021-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules