Only transmission signal of 5,8 GHz contoller Mavic mini
770 9 2020-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Denis D
lvl.1
Canada

Hello,

I just bought a DJI Mavic mini few weeks ago. Did all the last firmwares available.
I have checked many video on DJI site and on Youtube also.
When am using my drone, on my controller, in the Transmission menu, it says all the time signal 5,8 GHz in auto mode.
In the same menu, still under Transmission, i'm choosing the manuel mode to be able to switch to a signal of 2,4 GHz (heard that you can go farther withthis signal).

My problem is, when i try to switch, the signal remains on 5,8 GHz and the bars for choosing the sinal are all over 149. No bars of signal in the area of 0 to 20.
Is there a trick to swich to 2,4 GHz that i don't understand?
Is there something wrong with my controller?

Help pleaseeeeee

2020-5-19
Use props
Bloodied_Mini
lvl.4
Flight distance : 145361 ft
Malaysia

No bar or short green bars meant no interference. Would be best if you tell us what version of MM you have. A screenshot would be helpful too.
2020-5-19
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Sounds like you have the FCC version mini. It's a better version and you will get longer distance than the CE version with 2.4ghz anyway. The fcc mini doesn't have 2.4ghz.
2020-5-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No way to change between frequencies, this drone comes in two models one for each frequency.  
2020-5-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Denis D,  the FCC version Mavic Mini supports 5.4GHz only, it can't be switched to 2.4 GHz.
2020-5-20
Use props
djiuser_ZTpEjY2jefdv
New
United Arab Emirates

DJI Natalia Posted at 5-20 00:34
Hi Denis D,  the FCC version Mavic Mini supports 5.4GHz only, it can't be switched to 2.4 GHz.

How could i know? What is the difference by the way?
2020-7-1
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_ZTpEjY2jefdv Posted at 7-1 13:01
How could i know? What is the difference by the way?

There is a code for each version of the drone to work out what version you have. Europe etc have CE models while USA, Australia and a few others have the FCC version. It's a firmware/hardware difference so not something you can change with a location spoof app or anything like that. The 5.8ghz on the CE model only has a range of 500m so it's much weaker than the FCC 5.8ghz model.
2020-7-1
Use props
djiuser_ZTpEjY2jefdv
New
United Arab Emirates

This is informative, thank you much, people are just talking nonsense out there.
2020-7-1
Use props
Denis D
lvl.1
Canada

You're right. Seems like everybody have there own idea out there. But for me, my drone is FCC and have only 5,8 GHz where i live ( Quebec,Canada).
It's not for nothing that i come on a forum of DJI so if somebody say someting wrong, some other people well informed with say someting.  
2020-7-1
Use props
Denis D
lvl.1
Canada

Would like to thanks anyway all the people that had help me ✌
2020-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules