13952 24 2020-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jpvalery
lvl.1
Flight distance : 509872 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Just received my MA2 FlyMore Combo in the mail today. After unboxing and charging all 3 batteries with the hub, I wanted to check that everything was okay.

I plugged the first battery in: getting error 30068
Plugged the second battery in: getting error 30068

Tried the 3 minutes manipulation read in another thread: didn't work

Plugged the third battery in: working as expected.

I've tried updating the two first batteries but DJI Fly says that they're already up to date and offer no other options...

I can't think of something else to try and fix this.

What are my options?

Anybody else got that 30068 error and managed to fix it? If so, how?

Thanks in advance,

2020-5-19
Use props
djiuser_56PInEDI8AjT
lvl.1

Belgium

I have it on all 3 batteries, tried everything charging, discharging, the 3 minute thing etc...

Dji support told me to send it back to dealers so off it goes
2020-5-19
Use props
Coheavand
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183051 ft
Singapore

I got the problem very briefly. Happened when I didn't fully insert the battery. Unlike previous models, there are metal connections at the side of the batteries. These ensure that the battery is inserted properly to avoid accidents in flight.
2020-5-20
Use props
jpvalery
lvl.1
Flight distance : 509872 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Apparently they're now all working this morning... Go figure... Didn't do anything different.
2020-5-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, jpvalery. Please accept my sincere apologies for the delayed reply.  In order to ensure that the battery has been installed correctly during use, DJI Innovations has a detection device for the battery installed in place in the battery compartment. If you encounter this prompt '30068' during use, please first check whether the battery is installed and the buckle is in place; then please try to wipe the metal paddles on the battery and the paddles in the battery compartment with a dry paper towel.
If the problem still exists, it is recommended to contact our support team at http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and send it in for service. We'll do the best to help this out.
2020-5-21
Use props
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1033222 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D556%26typeid%3D556

did you read this? It may be related
2020-5-21
Use props
djiuser_L8c2fwGrdKAB
New

Slovenia

Hello!

I am also getting the same message. Here is my story. On Friday I get the drone. First I recharged battery (I am having basic version with one battery -so I don't have charging hub). After recharging I put battery into drone and I get "Battery Error 30068". It was late so I said tomorrow I will try again. And on Saturday I started drone again and problem magically disappeared. I flew drone with no problems. On Sunday I charged battery again and went  out to fly the drone. And again "Battery Error 30068" appeared. So I was unable to fly. The same day at night I tried again and magically problem disappeared. It was night so I didn't flew. Tomorrow I will try again ans see if problem still exists.

I am having feeling that this problem appears if you charge battery and you use it in drone straight away after charging. But if you wait let say few hours problem disappear.

This is my experience with this problem. I will keep trying. But it is annoying to have such battery problems in such good drone.  
2020-5-24
Use props
richfineproperty.com
New
United States

djiuser_56PInEDI8AjT Posted at 5-19 22:15
I have it on all 3 batteries, tried everything charging, discharging, the 3 minute thing etc...

Got it! Well, for me. Likely others.

On mine, it is the manufacturing tolerances on the left side clip. I think the metal tab is a few 1000ths out of spec. With the battery installed, and the “installed improperly” error code, a slight twist and push down seats that clip.
I can do it consistently, and make it reappear, so I know that I’ve found my issue without having to ship a battery and having ‘no fly’ time.
2020-5-28
Use props
bentleyfarms
lvl.1
United States

Same thing with mine. new out of the box. Not one of the three batteries work. If i squeeze down the message will temporarily go away but that doesn't really help.  I've contacted support several times.  Has been extremely frustrating experience.  They're supposed to send me a shipping label to return the whole kit.  After one week, still waiting.
2020-6-4
Use props
djiuser_4eXcomFNmlme
New

Malaysia

djiuser_L8c2fwGrdKAB Posted at 5-24 13:14
Hello!

I am also getting the same message. Here is my story. On Friday I get the drone. First I recharged battery (I am having basic version with one battery -so I don't have charging hub). After recharging I put battery into drone and I get "Battery Error 30068". It was late so I said tomorrow I will try again. And on Saturday I started drone again and problem magically disappeared. I flew drone with no problems. On Sunday I charged battery again and went  out to fly the drone. And again "Battery Error 30068" appeared. So I was unable to fly. The same day at night I tried again and magically problem disappeared. It was night so I didn't flew. Tomorrow I will try again ans see if problem still exists.

In my case, the problem still there if you charged your battery and left it overnight and try the next day.
2020-6-22
Use props
fans0624f135
New

United States

richfineproperty.com Posted at 5-28 16:21

On mine, it is the manufacturing tolerances on the left side clip. I think the metal tab is a few 1000ths out of spec. With the battery installed, and the “installed improperly” error code, a slight twist and push down seats that clip.

Hi,

I can pretty much reproduce the same thing, but how did you get it to work?  Did you pull the left contacts up ?

thanks!
2020-6-23
Use props
JSS_VN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1080351 ft
Vietnam

I just received my Mavic Air 2. All 3 batteries have this problem, showing error code 30068. Mentioning battery was not properly installed! I still can’t get a single flight out of this drone.
96C2CF11-9CD0-41B7-8740-AADFE983FDF6.png
747E933A-CF38-46AB-9110-310934F51556.png
2020-6-29
Use props
Mr Cvl
New

Germany

Dear All,

Same problem here. Just received by Mavic Air 2 and all batteries are fully charged and give the same 30068 Error.

Two out of three batteries have requested me to update the firmware. The other not.

Definitely not a good user experience for the value.

Would appreciate if anyone has a solution. Would like to avoid to bring my DJI back to the store for service.
2020-6-30
Use props
djiuser_HSygeOGmgDQw
New

United States

I have just purchased my magic air 2, charged directly to charger one at a time. Getting the battery installed error. Going through the setting with the drone attached I noticed the battery charge times is showing zero times charged...
2020-7-2
Use props
djiuser_HSygeOGmgDQw
New

United States

I believe after all I have read on this issue and other battery issues, DJI needs to make good on this. I am sending past strings on here of the issues and the lack of help DJI offers to the better business. They are aware of this problem and there is no response from DJI. But they will keep taking the dollar for a cheaply design.  
2020-7-2
Use props
djiuser_HSygeOGmgDQw
New

United States

richfineproperty.com Posted at 5-28 16:21

On mine, it is the manufacturing tolerances on the left side clip. I think the metal tab is a few 1000ths out of spec. With the battery installed, and the “installed improperly” error code, a slight twist and push down seats that clip.

Can you please give details of the prong, you say left side, is that left facing the front or rear please. Also did you press with a twist or? Please help, these damn people. I sent mine back and recieved it doing the same thing.
2020-7-2
Use props
djiuser_HsCJWEfNkk9Z
New

United States

I purchased  mavic 2 air two times and the batteries  aren’t working it says that battery is installed incorrectly so I returned the drone. I hope they fix that problem!!!
2020-7-3
Use props
ANGEL RABANALES
New
Mexico

I discovered how the error code 30068 is solved, remove all the stickers, especially the transparent one that brings the battery on top of it where it turns on and with that I already solved my problem, I hope you will, comment or put a like if it helped.

P.S. I attach an image of my problem and then I solved it, something so simple seems like a joke.
Screenshot_20200802_190513_dji.go.v5.jpg
Screenshot_20200802_185811_dji.go.v5.jpg
2020-8-11
Use props
Malick Frater
New

Jamaica

djiuser_56PInEDI8AjT Posted at 5-19 22:15

Did you get it fix
2020-10-3
Use props
Malick Frater
New

Jamaica

Malick Frater Posted at 10-3 15:09
Did you get it fix

It’s the same thing with my drone right now
2020-10-3
Use props
SamATXDrone
New
United States

I got the More combo. Batteries were working, of course until I got outside, then 2 out of 3 didn't work. Then inside, all three didn't work. I researched, watched videos. Tried 3 minutes in and 3 minutes out. Recharge on single charger (not hub) I chatted with tech support and called tech support. They will tell you to clean the sensors with tissue and try all the batteries. Then they tell me to send the whole thing in for repair... ground shipping both ways and 7 days repair. Bull.... Why should I go through the hassle and wait?? Bad customer service.

I don't think this is a hibernation issue. It's with the left and right contact points.

AND HERE'S MY FIX!.... This worked...

Install the ...ty battery.
Battery Not Installed Correctly error comes up
TAP on the middle of the battery (and left and right side) with something hard. Probably not a hammer, but something harder than your knuckles (because I tried that).
You will see the error blink away, and after the magic 'Fonzie' amount of taps, the error goes away.
Ready to fly!

So, if this doesn't work long term I'm going to return it to Amazon, reflect my POV in a review and try a new drone.

I don't know if this is an issue with the "Fly More" combo of batteries. That would seem odd, but I see a lot of folks complaining about this issue.

2020-10-30
Use props
JohanDJIMONSTER
New

Sweden

I just pushed these metal-pins in, that must have popped out,  behind the plastic.
2020-12-14
Use props
djiuser_FvPURwLl1d7k
New
India

SamATXDrone Posted at 2020-10-30 14:33
I got the More combo. Batteries were working, of course until I got outside, then 2 out of 3 didn't work. Then inside, all three didn't work. I researched, watched videos. Tried 3 minutes in and 3 minutes out. Recharge on single charger (not hub) I chatted with tech support and called tech support. They will tell you to clean the sensors with tissue and try all the batteries. Then they tell me to send the whole thing in for repair... ground shipping both ways and 7 days repair. Bull.... Why should I go through the hassle and wait?? Bad customer service.

I don't think this is a hibernation issue. It's with the left and right contact points.

Thanks Sam. Worked for me in India. Such a relief
2021-3-24
Use props
djiuser_nPEZkltd3Kkq
lvl.1

United States

What happens if my MA2 is flying and I get the notorious 30068 error code? Will it keep functioning as normal? Return to home? Land where it's at when it occurs? I imagine it won't fall out of the sky, but I'll throw that out there too!

I often fly where it would not be great if it fell, or even tried to land.

Any ideas or thoughts?

Thanks everyone!!

PXL_20210425_191449425.jpg
2021-4-25
Use props
djiuser_yhiPSGacbmdr
New

Italy

Fixed it!

Clean all contacts with a dental brush.
Be thorough.
Clean inside the contacts of battery and contacts on the inner sides.
Clean the battery contacts inside with the brush. Make sure you get the brush strains into the battery contacts.
Takes 1 minute.

All my batteries work now.

It seems it's VERY dust sensitive. I fly in Italy around the sea and maybe small salt particles got there. Never had such a sensitive consumer grade equipment.

Hope it helps
2021-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules