Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to install your own APP on DJI's smart controller
1493 7 5-20 00:36
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-DEV8

South Africa

The Smart Controller is driven by Android system. You can transport an APK file from PC to it via a USB cable and install the APK
file internally or deploy the compiled program from Android Studio.

How to install an APK file internally?
1. Switch on the Smart Controller and transport the APK file via a Type-C cable to Smart Controller internal storage/SD card.
2. Enter the main menu of Smart Controller and press the button at the bottom right corner.
3. Open up the File Manager and find the transported APK file, click to install.
After install the APK file, you can find the application on the main menu of Smart Controller

How to deploy the compiled program from Android Studio?
1. Enter the main menu of Smart Controller. Click "Settings" to enter menu list. Choose "About remote controller" and click
“System Version" several times to enter Developer options.
2. enter "Developer options" and activate the "USB debugging" option.
3. Enter Android Stuido, select "DJI rm500" and run the compiled program. The program will be automatically installed to the Smart Controller.

5-20 00:36
Use props
z37soft
lvl.4
Flight distance : 791079 ft
Japan

Thank you for sharing.

Yes, I could install my own application on SmartController!

5-25 09:47
Use props
DJI_Lisa
Second Officer
South Africa

For developers who want an App Store to distribute their DJI app to customers, I have found that Amazon Appstore is compatible with DJI's Smart Controller

-Lisa, DJI Developer Support
6-2 10:12
Use props
djiuser_yim38QlDIlit
New

United Kingdom

hey DJI, you promised my smart controller would work with my mavic 2 Air,  in a few weeks after launch, it still doesn't!!
8-6 17:21
Use props
DJI-DEV8

South Africa

djiuser_yim38QlDIlit Posted at 8-6 17:21
hey DJI, you promised my smart controller would work with my mavic 2 Air,  in a few weeks after launch, it still doesn't!!

This is a hardware issue.  Please contact DJI After Sales at Support@DJI.com or go to the main DJI Forum for products here: https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html
8-10 10:48
Use props
djiuser_dQnq6nSRTKgp
lvl.1

Australia

I'm attempting to run my own application from Android Studio on my Smart Controller for a M2ED.  I am running MacOS 10.15.7, Android Studio 4.1, I have System Version 1.0.820 on the SC.  It never shows as a target in Android Studio.  If I use the same cable with my Nokia phone I can run and debug the application on the phone without any issues.  Android File Transfer shows the SC as an rm500, and i can transfer files to and from the SC using that program just fine.  I have installed DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic along with the driver that comes with it but that has not made any difference.  Can you advise as to how to get integration with Android Studio working properly please?

Thanks,

Mick
10-21 17:28
Use props
kv886
Second Officer

South Africa

Have you activate the "USB debugging" option?
10-22 01:54
Use props
MickH
lvl.1

Australia

I had activated USB debugging.  The problem turned out to be that you can't have media transfer active at the same time.  Once I changed the USB connection settings to "Charge only" Android Studio was able to connect, deploy and debug fine.  Was not intuitive to me, but there you go!
11-8 15:44
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules