1137 29 2020-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
digifars
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48497 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,
I've recently lost my Mavic Mini and I don't know why!
I've done my best to save it but I couldn't, it was like the drone took control itself and crashed deliberately into a rock.
Below is the flight record for your review. Could you please let me know why I lost my Mavic Mini?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OE4jm5fHjW4US9ggVYmZd4jjhONQq5bC

2020-5-20
Use props
USS ENTERPRISE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2063642 ft
South Korea

hardware error or your mistake
2020-5-20
Use props
USS ENTERPRISE
lvl.4
South Korea

if it is a hardware error you can get a new one for free
2020-5-20
Use props
digifars
lvl.1
United Kingdom

USS ENTERPRISE Posted at 5-20 02:40
hardware error or your mistake

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I don't think it was my mistake, because it was out of control.
I need a better answer and more details.
2020-5-20
Use props
USS ENTERPRISE
lvl.4
South Korea

Have you lost the drone completely or is it just destroyed?
2020-5-20
Use props
USS ENTERPRISE
lvl.4
South Korea

Is there a chance that you accidently hit RTH?
mavic mini does not have obstacle avoidance
2020-5-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

digifars Posted at 5-20 02:44
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I don't think it was my mistake, because it was out of control.

Rather than listening to people make uninformed guesses, it's always better to see what the recorded flight data shows actually happened.

A brief summary of your data looks like this:  https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/VBBSS4JDQN4HQU34CKRW/

You launched and descended close to the bridge, only flying very slowly.
You went down to 53 ft below launch point close beside the edge of the wall.
As you went deeper the drone's skyview was reduced and so was the number of satellites available to the drone.

When you reached -53 ft at 2:22, GPS sats dropped to 7 and the flight controller no longer had an confidence in the quality of location data.
GPS health fell to 1 and the drone would have lost its horizontal position holding ability.
Without position holding, the drone would have lost its "brakes" and drifted with any breeze.

You didn't realise this and continued down to -65 feet.
At 2:51.1 you clipped the wall after a brief full right stick move and the drone tipped and began to fall.
2020-5-20
Use props
fans4010d863
lvl.1
Iran

Labroides Posted at 5-20 03:06
Rather than listening to people make uninformed guesses, it's always better to see what the recorded flight data shows actually happened.

A brief summary of your data looks like this:  https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/VBBSS4JDQN4HQU34CKRW/

Hi,
Thank you for your detailed reply. I really appreciate it.
So why I couldn't control my Mavic Mini?
It was out of control and deliberately crashed into a rock!
Would you please give me a simpler answer?
2020-5-20
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans4010d863 Posted at 5-20 03:15
Hi,

He just explained exactly why you lost control of your drone.
"you went down to 53 ft below launch point close beside the edge of the wall.
As you went deeper the drone's skyview was reduced and so was the number of satellites available to the drone.

When you reached -53 ft at 2:22, GPS sats dropped to 7 and the flight controller no longer had an confidence in the quality of location data.
GPS health fell to 1 and the drone would have lost its horizontal position holding ability.
Without position holding, the drone would have lost its "brakes" and drifted with any breeze."
2020-5-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
2020-5-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

. . . . . . . . . .
2020-5-20
Use props
fans4010d863
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Flormo2002 Posted at 5-20 03:22
He just explained exactly why you lost control of your drone.
"you went down to 53 ft below launch point close beside the edge of the wall.

Yes, but I couldn't completely understand the reply. That's why I asked for a simpler one.
So just to make sure, my Mavic Mini lost control and crashed because of the weak reception of GPS signals and wind?
2020-5-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fans4010d863 Posted at 5-20 03:15
Hi,

Simple version.
You flew down where the drone couldn't see enough satellites.

Your drone didn't lose control.
It was able to be controlled but you weren't used to flying without GPS.
It had no ability to hold position and had no brakes.
You didn't recognise this and flew close to the wall.
And then flew it flew it into the wall.
2020-5-20
Use props
digifars
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 5-20 03:34

Thanks for a simple version to help me better understand what happened.
I was standing on the bridge, It flew close to the wall that was at the left side of the bridge.
I used full right stick move to stop it, but it didn't work as if it was out of my control.
Did wind crash it into the wall? What was the cause?
2020-5-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

digifars Posted at 5-20 03:45
Thanks for a simple version to help me better understand what happened.
I was standing on the bridge, It flew close to the wall that was at the left side of the bridge.
I used full right stick move to stop it, but it didn't work as if it was out of my control.

The drone was not out of control at all.
You just did not understand that it had no brakes and could drift.
You could have kept it away from the wall and brought it up to where it could receive GPS.

Flying close to an obstacle is always risky.
Flying close to an obstacle with no horizontal position holding ability is asking for trouble.
2020-5-20
Use props
digifars
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 5-20 03:57
The drone was not out of control at all.
You just did not understand that it had no brakes and could drift.

So, why right stick move didn't stop it from flying to the left and crashing into the wall?
2020-5-20
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

There are several GPS weak signal errors and an initial worrisome compass error.

For what I can see from satellite data the flight seems to have begun exactly above a reinfroced pre-stressed concrete bridge. From there it all dwindled quite quickly , the drone has been sent down inside the gully, satellite reception became worse and worse with 3 sats locked in the final moments, totally unsuitable for flight.

At 2m 51.1s the roll (reading w/ FRAPS) momentarily reaches 106.2°, then back to 9.2° at 2m 51.7s and again to 166° at 2m 52.2s, it appears to be tumbling out of control while the distance v-z (vertical speed?) drastically drops and the heading switfly changes.

I tend to believe it is a pilot error, probably hit something down there. Anyway the flight was affected by sveral safety flaws.
2020-5-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

digifars Posted at 5-20 04:08
So, why right stick move didn't stop it from flying to the left and crashing into the wall?

Last time on this
Because you had no GPS position holding, therefor, no brakes.
Flying without GPS is like driving on ice .. the brakes do nothing.
Flying close to an obstacle like the wall without GPS is asking for trouble.
2020-5-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

m80116 Posted at 5-20 04:17
There are several GPS weak signal errors and an initial worrisome compass error.

For what I can see from satellite data the flight seems to have begun exactly above a reinfroced pre-stressed concrete bridge. From there it all dwindled quite quickly , the drone has been sent down inside the gully, satellite reception became worse and worse with 3 sats locked in the final moments, totally unsuitable for flight.

Sorry but that's all wrong.
You need to be able to read data and understand how drones work to analyse flight incidents.
You have a long way to go.
Read my first post above to see what really happened.
2020-5-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I'm so sorry for your loss. If your drone still under warranty, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket for the data analysis, we will help to check what happened and provide the proper resolution.
2020-5-20
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was standing on the bridge, It flew close to the wall that was at the left side of the bridge.

"I used full right stick move to stop it, but it didn't work as if it was out of my control."

The wind then? You were close to the wall.
2020-5-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Vlas Posted at 5-20 05:30
"I used full right stick move to stop it, but it didn't work as if it was out of my control."

The wind then? You were close to the wall.

It's not complicated
He was in atti mode ... no brakes !!
2020-5-20
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hiya,

As said by others ; this warning "GPS signal weak. Positioning accuracy affected. Fly with caution",at2m47s flying at minus height of 18.9 meter was the start of loosing your MM.
Same time a "Sensor Error", wich is related to GPS 'problems'.

That time still in P-GPS mode with 7 satelittes but NavHealth at 3.
Hidden erorr "GpsPositionNonMatch" ; meaning actual postion does not match GPS postion or GPS postion doesn`t match actual position. (thus IMU calculation mismatch)
Mini could not hold its stabilized positon and moved away. See data for your log im my chart.
At falling down GPS signals for 7 to 3 and health to zero.

At the end Vision in use, wich indicates that GPS data is not there or used, so your drone was is OPTI mode falling down. Few times VPS height indicating zero (vps height is mandatory to have tpo get into OPTI). Only once (last record after 3.1 second disconnect) ATTI mode written in the log.

At start of your flight a warning " Compass error. Ensure there are no metal or magnetic objects near the aircraft and calibrate it before use.(Code: 30060)"
Don`t find a link to your mishap to this loosing your MM, but it is never not a good idea to start a flight wich such a message. (well, just my opinion)

cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
2020-5-20
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 5-20 05:35
It's not complicated

Oh! Didn't catch that part.
2020-5-20
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Labroides Posted at 5-20 05:09
Sorry but that's all wrong. You need to be able to read data and understand how drones work to analyse flight incidents. You have a long way to go. Read my first post above to see what really happened.

You can even stop SPAMMING other people's thread for you own personal war against me because you haven't got over your shortcomings and pettiness.

If I need to learn how to read a data number (that I've copied) you need to learn to UNDERSTAND what you read. I reported just some data... which you cannot deny.Turn on your brain before answering nonsense.
2020-5-20
Use props
digifars
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thank you all for your replies. I really appreciate your help.
2020-5-20
Use props
digifars
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 5-20 05:35
It's not complicated

Sorry, but I still don't get why using full right stick move didn't help. So, if there are no brakes and the GPS reception is weak, nothing works?
I assume the wind overcame and therefore I lost control and couldn't stop it from crashing into the wall. Does the same thing happen with a drone like Mavic 2 Pro that has obstacle avoidance sensors?
2020-5-20
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

digifars Posted at 5-20 10:07
Sorry, but I still don't get why using full right stick move didn't help. So, if there are no brakes and the GPS reception is weak, nothing works?
I assume the wind overcame and therefore I lost control and couldn't stop it from crashing into the wall. Does the same thing happen with a drone like Mavic 2 Pro that has obstacle avoidance sensors?

Hi,

Your up command at 2m41.8 did do something ; from minus 19.9 to minus 19.0. (only 26% up )
But after this nu RC UP input but only shortly Roll Right input, roll angles of your drone did change but your input was 3 times very short!

See the chart.  MOVE heading line in red (above the red asterix bottom chart = GPS error) is where it went all wrong, check your inputs.

Guess you was so surprised what happend that quick, no time enough to think and react the right way.

In ATTI mode you have to stop the motion by yourself, all sticks in the middle doesn`t mean back to stabilized hover as in a GPS mode.But in your flight no ATTI, only a drone wich could not hold a stabilized hover due to GPS position mismatch errors.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2020-5-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

JJB* Posted at 5-20 10:41
Hi,

Your up command at 2m41.8 did do something ; from minus 19.9 to minus 19.0. (only 26% up )

But in your flight no ATTI, only a drone wich could not hold a stabilized hover due to GPS position mismatch errors.
His drone had no horizontal position holding ability due to GPS health of 1.
It was in atti mode even though the flight controller had not declared it.

only a drone wich could not hold a stabilized hover due to GPS position mismatch errors.
The commonly seen  GPS position mismatch "errors" are meaningless.
They turn up frequently in normal flight and don't necessarily indicate a problem at all.
GPS health = 1 was the only issue in this incident.

2020-5-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

m80116 Posted at 5-20 07:42
You can even stop SPAMMING other people's thread for you own personal war against me because you haven't got over your shortcomings and pettiness.

If I need to learn how to read a data number (that I've copied) you need to learn to UNDERSTAND what you read. I reported just some data... which you cannot deny.Turn on your brain before answering nonsense.

You should get over yourself and the idea that you are a competent flight data analyst.
You posted incorrect and confusing information even after seeing a clear explanation of what really happened.

You can't read data, don't understand how a drone works and can't post anything sensible.
Captain Tosser
2020-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules