667 9 2020-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dsi51
lvl.1
Flight distance : 381371 ft
France

Hi Everyone

can anyone confirm experiencing similar issue about = "Flight Max distance reached" while trying Panorama photo shoot ?

see below screen dump..
  • I was only 91m away from controller and 31m altitude.
  • And off course the max distance into the settings of DJI FlyApp was set to much...MUCH higher than 91m !

Thanks

20200516_IMG_6861 _ Dist de vol max pour panorama_2.jpg
2020-5-20
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

How odd...
2020-5-20
Use props
tonydeli7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3561007 ft
Greece

See if there is payload option enabled.. Or something like that..
2020-5-20
Use props
dsi51
lvl.1
France

tonydeli7 Posted at 5-20 05:31
See if there is payload option enabled.. Or something like that..

Tks Tony
not sure it could be related to "payload option" somehow... because as soon as as I was closing the PANORAMA mode, I could fly without message nor restriction.
The "MAX distance" was obviously very specific to the PANORAMA mode.
2020-5-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi dsi51, we appreciate your feedback, we need more data for further analysis.
1. Flight controller log:
(1) Download DJI Assistant 2 from the official website. Download link: https://www.dji.com/uk/mavic-air-2/downloads
(2) Launch DJI Assistant 2. Within 20 seconds after the Mavic Air 2 is powered on, connect it to DJI Assistant 2.
(3) After DJI Assistant 2 recognizes the aircraft, choose "Log Export", and then click "Save to local".
(4) The final exported data are ".dat" files, please only export the specific log about the Panorama issue.
App Log Export
Android device:
Connect the mobile device that has been connected to the aircraft to the PC, and then export the data in the "LOG" folder.
iOS device:
Connect the mobile device that has been connected to the aircraft to the PC, open iTunes, and then export all data under the "Logs" folder.

Then upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here, thank you in advance.
2020-5-22
Use props
Hotrod in Daytona
lvl.3
United States

I literally just shot pano's this morning right above my house.  I was from 100' to 400' feet in altitude.  I was anywhere from 50' to 150' in distance from takeoff. I used 360, 180, and wide pano's.  No issues with any of them.
2020-5-22
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

dsi51 Posted at 5-20 06:10
Tks Tony
not sure it could be related to "payload option" somehow... because as soon as as I was closing the PANORAMA mode, I could fly without message nor restriction.
The "MAX distance" was obviously very specific to the PANORAMA mode.

Shot panorama last night from around 100m up and some 860m away without issue but flew to location before selecting pano shooting can you fly out in another mode and then shoot pano?  Worth some further testing.
2020-5-22
Use props
dsi51
lvl.1
France

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 5-22 06:48
Shot panorama last night from around 100m up and some 860m away without issue but flew to location before selecting pano shooting can you fly out in another mode and then shoot pano?  Worth some further testing.

Tks BaynhamPhoto
will try that as soon as I receive replacement unit.

My brand new MavicAir2 also add other issue = 'gimbal motor overload' resulting with losing focus and totally blur video mode. Gimbal was however responding properly despite error message.
Tried new calibration of Gimbal+IMU+Compass = did not improve.
So I returned the drone immediately for replacement.
Wiating for new unit to be received
2020-5-22
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

dsi51 Posted at 5-22 07:00
Tks BaynhamPhoto
will try that as soon as I receive replacement unit.

Hopefully you have a replacement soon and can be back out flying the Air 2 soon I'm not that impressed with the internal image stitching on some of the pano shots I'm going to try raw files next time and stitch in LR/PS.
2020-5-22
Use props
dsi51
lvl.1
France

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 5-22 07:08
Hopefully you have a replacement soon and can be back out flying the Air 2 soon I'm not that impressed with the internal image stitching on some of the pano shots I'm going to try raw files next time and stitch in LR/PS.

understood that wind conditions can have serious influence to the stitching quality..
managed to perform 2x pano before returning my Air2.
See link if you wanna compare with your 'stitching' quality:
https://mega.nz/folder/C4oXxRTC#cnMjf_4KaTquN7qGqRugxw
2020-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules