Initial charge of battery on MA 2
789 9 2020-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NitemareTrainer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11844 ft
United States

My Mavic Air 2 Fly More package is scheduled to be delivered in 2 days.  I thought I read somewhere that there was a problem charging more than one battery on the hub for the inital charge was a problem or something like that.  Does anyone know of a problem charging the battery or batteries when they first get the MA 2?
2020-5-20
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

The post at the very top of the forum tells you what to do, and how to recover the batteries if your batteries have failed to activate (come out of storage mode).

You can avoid the problem by not using the multi-battery charging adapter for the initial charge. Also, it seems that DJI Fly isn't able to update the smart battery firmware, I had to use DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic to do that. Two of the three batteries from my Fly More Combo required an update.
2020-5-20
Use props
NitemareTrainer
lvl.4
United States

MisterFrag Posted at 5-20 09:18
The post at the very top of the forum tells you what to do, and how to recover the batteries if your batteries have failed to activate (come out of storage mode).

You can avoid the problem by not using the multi-battery charging adapter for the initial charge. Also, it seems that DJI Fly isn't able to update the smart battery firmware, I had to use DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic to do that. Two of the three batteries from my Fly More Combo required an update.

thanks for the info on that.  I thought I remembered reading something about that.  Do you know if the fly more combo comes with a charger other than the multi battery charger so I can charge it that way and avoid the problem.  I am thinking that maybe I should wait to charge the batteries or fly it until DJI straightens out the problem with the DJI Fly app.  What do you think?
2020-5-20
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

NitemareTrainer Posted at 5-20 10:18
thanks for the info on that.  I thought I remembered reading something about that.  Do you know if the fly more combo comes with a charger other than the multi battery charger so I can charge it that way and avoid the problem.  I am thinking that maybe I should wait to charge the batteries or fly it until DJI straightens out the problem with the DJI Fly app.  What do you think?

The multicharge is just a brick that the original charger plugs into.
Use just the single charger and charge all 3 batteries.
Download the correct Assistant 2 for Mavic Software for your PC.
Update the no fly zones and the FW in the drone and do this for all 3 batteries.
Make sure you update the controller as well.
Make sure that you have the latest version of DJI Fly on your phone.
Once everything is up to date.
Power it all up and then register your drone.
Cheers

2020-5-20
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

NitemareTrainer Posted at 5-20 10:18
thanks for the info on that.  I thought I remembered reading something about that.  Do you know if the fly more combo comes with a charger other than the multi battery charger so I can charge it that way and avoid the problem.  I am thinking that maybe I should wait to charge the batteries or fly it until DJI straightens out the problem with the DJI Fly app.  What do you think?

Use just use the single charger and charge all 3 batteries.

Download the correct Assistant 2 for Mavic Software for your PC.
Update the no fly zones and the FW in the drone and do this for all 3 batteries.
Make sure you update the controller as well.

Make sure that you have the latest version of DJI Fly on your phone.

Once everything is up to date.
Power it all up and then register your drone.

Cheers

2020-5-20
Use props
NitemareTrainer
lvl.4
United States

bjr981s Posted at 5-20 10:24
Use just use the single charger and charge all 3 batteries.

Thanks a lot for your guidance. I have a mac. does that make a difference as far as using DJI Assistant?
2020-5-20
Use props
Skraeling
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121407 ft
United States

I didnt encounter any issues and I plugged in individually till I saw the green lights on top flash.  Did that for each battery and then put them all on the hub to charge.  went fine.
2020-5-20
Use props
NitemareTrainer
lvl.4
United States

Skraeling Posted at 5-20 11:36
I didnt encounter any issues and I plugged in individually till I saw the green lights on top flash.  Did that for each battery and then put them all on the hub to charge.  went fine.

ok cool, thanks
2020-5-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi NitemareTrainer, good to know you will get the drone soon, here is the announcement on how to charge the battery properly when you first get it: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=214934, the Flymore Combo contains the charger, please charge the battery with the battery charger to wake up the battery.
2020-5-20
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

NitemareTrainer Posted at 5-20 10:48
Thanks a lot for your guidance. I have a mac. does that make a difference as far as using DJI Assistant?

The Mac is fine. I use an iMac Pro.

If you have issues with the updates check that your network order does not have the DJI network in the 1st position in the list.

The Assistant 2 driver is actually a USB network adapter.

2020-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules