38923 222 2020-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbc99ce0f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79941 ft
United Kingdom

Guys Can anyone help

I received my MA2 on Wednesday evening,took it for solo on Thursday. I kept getting the Weak Signal error then it would lose contact and return to home. The issue I could only get between 500m and 1000m, liased with DJi (crap afterservice ) they asked me to carry out several procedures including switching off bluetooth and load of other things.

I have flown from differant locations still the Error message is a serious issue. I have a Mini and a Zoom which I have flown at the same time, no issues whatsover. All over weekend DJI suggested things again did not reslove.

On Monday they asked me to complete load paperwork for their words "DOA' , had not heard anything further until today when I chased them.They tell me to send it back, wait until their engineers have assessed it then they will replace. Using my carefresh policy. Surely this is ilegal consumer rights and all that.

The paperwork they are using appears to be for damaged aircraft, surely they should treating this differantly.

Had DJi drones for last 4 years,never had any issues like this (certainly never had to deal with DJI afterservice). Anyone any ideas as I am fuming.
2020-5-20
Use props
djiuser_0egmhDQdiUGe
New
Flight distance : 129003 ft
United Kingdom

I’ve got the same issue can only fly to the most of 650  mtrs and get weak signal
2020-5-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we apologize that the Mavic Air 2 was not performed as expected, according to DJI policy, we will need to evaluate the drone firstly and then verify whether the replacement could be provided, DJI Care Refresh will not be used if it evaluated as a product issue. Appreciate your understanding.
Due to the COVID-19 and traffic control, DJI has adjusted our after-sales service arrangements, the email response may be a little delayed, we are trying our best to improve your experience, sorry for the inconvenience caused. I see the shipping label has been sent to you, please send back at your most convenience, thank you very much. DJI general after-sales service flow.png
2020-5-20
Use props
fansbc99ce0f
lvl.2
United Kingdom

djiuser_0egmhDQdiUGe Posted at 5-20 14:30
I’ve got the same issue can only fly to the most of 650  mtrs and get weak signal

But what if the problem is the ocusinc in the hand controller and its nothing to do with the aircraft, then I have to wait another few weeks,. Would you splash out 1k and have nothing to show for it for weeks. If I had bought this from curry I would have been able to take it straight back and replace there and then, so why are loyal customers being treated differantly. Especially for something that might turn out to be a known fault.
2020-5-21
Use props
fansbc99ce0f
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-20 20:37
Hi there, we apologize that the Mavic Air 2 was not performed as expected, according to DJI policy, we will need to evaluate the drone firstly and then verify whether the replacement could be provided, DJI Care Refresh will not be used if it evaluated as a product issue. Appreciate your understanding.
Due to the COVID-19 and traffic control, DJI has adjusted our after-sales service arrangements, the email response may be a little delayed, we are trying our best to improve your experience, sorry for the inconvenience caused. I see the shipping label has been sent to you, please send back at your most convenience, thank you very much.[view_image]

Lastly I have read your flow chart but that's not the policy you have for DOI which is what I was told it was being dealt under, Your after sales policy is a separate procedure. So why have you changed the procedure ????????????
2020-5-21
Use props
USS ENTERPRISE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2063642 ft
South Korea

I'm pretty sure the drone and the controller is fine, that is a typical range for CE signal strength(1-2km)
2020-5-21
Use props
fansbc99ce0f
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fansbc99ce0f Posted at 5-21 00:33
Lastly I have read your flow chart but that's not the policy you have for DOI which is what I was told it was being dealt under, Your after sales policy is a separate procedure. So why have you changed the procedure ????????????

But I don't understand how my Mavic Mini ,which has inferior technology can fly further than my Mavic Air2  ( which DJI states " The Mavic Air 2 has a video transmission range of 10 km " ) I would settle for half,not a stingy 0.5km. understandably my Mavic Pro Zoom has no problem reaching its distance, but again the technology must be superior due to it being a top the end spec. even my old Phantom Pro has no problem surpassing the MA2. Has anyone else had the same problem ????????????
2020-5-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansbc99ce0f Posted at 5-21 00:33

The drone will need to be evaluated first and our team will check whether the problem persists and whether it complies with the replacement policy, thank you for your understanding.
2020-5-24
Use props
djiuser_UphPZSLVHbbD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41083 ft
Australia

I’m having the exact same issue

I have had to email

It’s so frustrating.!
2020-5-24
Use props
fansbc99ce0f
lvl.2
United Kingdom

djiuser_UphPZSLVHbbD Posted at 5-24 02:18
I’m having the exact same issue

I have had to email

The thing I don't get is  "The drone will need to be evaluated first and our team will check whether the problem persists and whether it complies with the replacement policy."  How long does it take to evaluate could be days, weeks. I paid 1k for a new drone not one that's been taken apart and evaluated, love DJI products but my lover affair with DJI aftercare is finished. Looks like its  Currys from now on. I wonder how many other people are having the same issue.
2020-5-24
Use props
fansbc99ce0f
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fansbc99ce0f Posted at 5-24 02:29
The thing I don't get is  "The drone will need to be evaluated first and our team will check whether the problem persists and whether it complies with the replacement policy."  How long does it take to evaluate could be days, weeks. I paid 1k for a new drone not one that's been taken apart and evaluated, love DJI products but my lover affair with DJI aftercare is finished. Looks like its  Currys from now on. I wonder how many other people are having the same issue.

Update
exactly what I said has happened. They picked the drone up more than a week ago, when I chased  UPS they said they had delivered it to Netherlands. DJI have not scanned it, its sitting in their warehouse. Until its scanned they can not even start the process. Every day ticks by without me having the item I paid over 1k. This is a brand new item its not a faulty or damaged drone that I might have had for months. Waste of time speaking to them all I get is we have escalated  you. The amount of time I have been escalated I must be sitting on Wang Tao (Frank Wang) desk and he dealing with it himself.

You promised a fast response. Perhaps I should have tied you down a bit more and clarified which year 2020 or 2021. This email still states you have it just sitting there doing nothing, even though its been highlighted by me 3 days previously, still sitting there doing nothing.

Prince (DJI Support)
2020年6月7日 GMT+8 下午3:39:08

Dear Bobby,

Good day to you and thank you for contacting DJI Tech Support.

In regards to your case and upon checking on it, it shows that the package was already delivered on our facility, but that was not scanned yet.

We really do apologize for the delay, due to the situation that we are in right now. But we assure you that we are doing our best to cope up with the situation.

Rest assured that once we scanned your package, we will be sending you an email notification.

Thank you so much and always keep safe.

Regards,
Prince

DJI Customer Support
YouTube: http://s.dji.com/DJI-Tutorials

DJI THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE !!!!!!!!!!!
2020-6-7
Use props
blacker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 114541 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Please keep me up to date with your situation, I am experiencing the same issue
2020-6-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansbc99ce0f Posted at 6-7 02:34
Update
exactly what I said has happened. They picked the drone up more than a week ago, when I chased  UPS they said they had delivered it to Netherlands. DJI have not scanned it, its sitting in their warehouse. Until its scanned they can not even start the process. Every day ticks by without me having the item I paid over 1k. This is a brand new item its not a faulty or damaged drone that I might have had for months. Waste of time speaking to them all I get is we have escalated  you. The amount of time I have been escalated I must be sitting on Wang Tao (Frank Wang) desk and he dealing with it himself.

Affected by the spread of the COVID-19, product repairs and shipment times are expected to be delayed. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. I have managed to get your case number via your forum account, it has been forwarded to the related team to follow up. I will also help you keep an eye on it, please don't worry, we'll do our best to help this out asap. Thank you so much for your patience and kind understanding.
2020-6-8
Use props
fansbc99ce0f
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-8 00:47
Affected by the spread of the COVID-19, product repairs and shipment times are expected to be delayed. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. I have managed to get your case number via your forum account, it has been forwarded to the related team to follow up. I will also help you keep an eye on it, please don't worry, we'll do our best to help this out asap. Thank you so much for your patience and kind understanding.

Dear AI
It was not delayed due to any circumstances especially Covid 19. It was sitting in your warehouse for three days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! waiting for your staff to scan it into the system. You have no idea how hard I'm hitting the keys right now.

But please be assured I will escalate this to myself, thank you for your complete understanding.
2020-6-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansbc99ce0f Posted at 6-8 12:20
Dear AI
It was not delayed due to any circumstances especially Covid 19. It was sitting in your warehouse for three days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! waiting for your staff to scan it into the system. You have no idea how hard I'm hitting the keys right now.

We are sorry again to keep you waiting, the replacement drone has been shipped, you should have received the email notice, we will keep improving our customer service. Hope you will receive it soon.
2020-6-9
Use props
djiuser_2g1i0oOaKb9R
New

United States

Im having the same issue too, I don't khow if DJI will send some updates
2020-6-9
Use props
fansbc99ce0f
lvl.2
United Kingdom

djiuser_2g1i0oOaKb9R Posted at 6-9 12:53
Im having the same issue too, I don't khow if DJI will send some updates

Its nothing to do with the software so an update isn't available, or they would have done mine remotely. Just out of interest when you fly yours, are you getting an error message at the bottom of the screen saying something along the line of "device is behind  you"  in red writing. Even though the craft is actually in front of you. ????????. As I found on mine if the craft was directly in front of me say 12 oclock, I had to point my controller towards 5pm to get the signal.???????????
2020-6-9
Use props
djiuser_2g1i0oOaKb9R
New

United States

fansbc99ce0f Posted at 6-9 14:13
Its nothing to do with the software so an update isn't available, or they would have done mine remotely. Just out of interest when you fly yours, are you getting an error message at the bottom of the screen saying something along the line of "device is behind  you"  in red writing. Even though the craft is actually in front of you. ????????. As I found on mine if the craft was directly in front of me say 12 oclock, I had to point my controller towards 5pm to get the signal.???????????

Well, I did not experience the same issues Yet but Im expecting this too. I' getting weak signal error message when I fly less than 0,5 Km.
2020-6-10
Use props
fansbc99ce0f
lvl.2
United Kingdom

djiuser_2g1i0oOaKb9R Posted at 6-10 05:35
Well, I did not experience the same issues Yet but Im expecting this too. I' getting weak signal error message when I fly less than 0,5 Km.

And still another day without my drone, oh lets look at the status......mmmmmmm now stuck in Germany, because someone forgot to scan the bloody thing.   thats ok we fully understand how im feeling and we apoligise for the delay, I know what we will escalate this matter. Instead of being dealt with by Wang Tao (Frank Wang) we will escalate it to god.

keep smiling
2020-6-10
Use props
fansbc99ce0f
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fansbc99ce0f Posted at 6-10 08:41
And still another day without my drone, oh lets look at the status......mmmmmmm now stuck in Germany, because someone forgot to scan the bloody thing.   thats ok we fully understand how im feeling and we apoligise for the delay, I know what we will escalate this matter. Instead of being dealt with by Wang Tao (Frank Wang) we will escalate it to god.

keep smiling

UPS Service:        UPS Express Saver®
Weight:        3.1 kgs
Package Progress
Location        Date        Local Time        Description
Koeln, Germany        06/10/2020        05:07 AM        We've missed the scheduled transfer time. This may cause a delay.
Koeln, Germany        06/10/2020        03:01 AM        Departure Scan
Koeln, Germany        06/10/2020        12:40 AM        Arrival Scan
Rotterdam, Netherlands        06/09/2020        08:44 PM        Departure Scan
Rotterdam, Netherlands        06/09/2020        07:55 PM        Origin Scan
Rotterdam, Netherlands        06/09/2020        04:03 PM        Pickup Scan
Netherlands        06/09/2020        03:54 PM        Order Processed: Ready for UPS
Tracking results provided by UPS 06/10/2020 12:35 P.M. Eastern Time
2020-6-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansbc99ce0f Posted at 6-10 08:41
UPS Service:        UPS Express Saver®
Weight:        3.1 kgs
Package Progress

Sorry to keep you waiting, upon checking the status right now, the UPS has been out for the delivery, we hope you will be back in the air soon.
2020-6-11
Use props
fansbc99ce0f
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-11 01:47
Sorry to keep you waiting, upon checking the status right now, the UPS has been out for the delivery, we hope you will be back in the air soon.

Hi AI
My parcel arrived today opened it up and found that most of the acc are bashed or the boxes housing them are torn, some of the foam transporting the new drone are damaged, either you have used second hand acc to replace what were brand new ones, or the box has been thrown around so much in transit they have got damaged. Now what do we do, ????????????
2020-6-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansbc99ce0f Posted at 6-11 08:27
Hi AI
My parcel arrived today opened it up and found that most of the acc are bashed or the boxes housing them are torn, some of the foam transporting the new drone are damaged, either you have used second hand acc to replace what were brand new ones, or the box has been thrown around so much in transit they have got damaged. Now what do we do, ????????????

Sorry to hear that, may we have the pictures of damaged parts?
2020-6-11
Use props
fansbc99ce0f
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Photos
2020-6-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Thanks for the pictures, your case has been escalated to the higher-level team for further follow-up, our manager will contact you soon, please note the email, thank you.
2020-6-12
Use props
wcardno1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi All, my Mavic Air 2 arrived last week... I am also noticing weak signal after around 0.5 - 1 km and the Aircraft Orientation symbol flashes red sometimes when the aircraft is in front of me? DJI state the transmission distance to be around 6 km for CE - is it normal to show weak signal around 1 km ? Weak signal especially shows when I'm flying over sea with no signal disturbance. I am having second thoughts. I am a first time drone user so your responses would be much appreciated. Thanks
2020-6-16
Use props
djiuser_eUzBnQL45AnW
New
United States

wcardno1 Posted at 6-16 13:00
Hi All, my Mavic Air 2 arrived last week... I am also noticing weak signal after around 0.5 - 1 km and the Aircraft Orientation symbol flashes red sometimes when the aircraft is in front of me? DJI state the transmission distance to be around 8 km in the UK - is it normal to show weak signal around 1 km ? Weak signal especially shows when I'm flying over sea. The first time weak signal showed I was around 0.5 km away, but just assumed this was normal as weak signal must be expected off-land but now after reading this feed, I am having second thoughts. I am a first time drone user so your responses would be much appreciated. Thanks

Same issue, first time DJI customer and get weak signal at 850m or .5 miles.  Thought it was signal disturbance but I live in an extremely rural area.  Any answers are appreciated
2020-6-16
Use props
fans1cb5d6a3
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_eUzBnQL45AnW Posted at 6-16 18:12
Same issue, first time DJI customer and get weak signal at 850m or .5 miles.  Thought it was signal disturbance but I live in an extremely rural area.  Any answers are appreciated

That's disappointing man, sorry to hear - would've expected around 3.5 - 6 mile with your FCC transmission. I am on CE in the UK - would expect 6 km but getting 1 km max. Have watched several range test YouTube videos and they are getting between 1-2 km max. Are you flying over a rural or urban area? Increasing altitude improves the signal but my flights have been around 100 m altitude and still losing signal at 1 km. Very poor indeed. DJI must update customers ASAP!
2020-6-17
Use props
fans1cb5d6a3
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I contacted DJI Support and they are advising the following method - "refresh the firmware of the remote and the drone using DJI assistant 2 via computer then kindly try to recalibrate the IMU and compass of the drone". Has anyone tried this? Does it work? Will let you all know soon.
2020-6-17
Use props
fansbc99ce0f
lvl.2
United Kingdom

wcardno1 Posted at 6-16 13:00
Hi All, my Mavic Air 2 arrived last week... I am also noticing weak signal after around 0.5 - 1 km and the Aircraft Orientation symbol flashes red sometimes when the aircraft is in front of me? DJI state the transmission distance to be around 6 km for CE - is it normal to show weak signal around 1 km ? Weak signal especially shows when I'm flying over sea with no signal disturbance. I am having second thoughts. I am a first time drone user so your responses would be much appreciated. Thanks

Hi  I would fly it in another area on land not the sea. As the sea will distort the signal.Email me at bobby@shiftmail.com and I will assist with the best way to fly.
2020-6-17
Use props
blacker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 114541 ft
  • >>>
Canada

fansbc99ce0f Posted at 6-17 03:00
Hi  I would fly it in another area on land not the sea. As the sea will distort the signal.Email me at  and I will assist with the best way to fly.

Did you notice any improvements with the replacement unit?
2020-6-18
Use props
djiuser_af5vbFHhTPXE
New

United States

I am having this issue too. USA so I have an FCC drone.....not even getting to 1 mile.
2020-6-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_af5vbFHhTPXE Posted at 6-19 11:16
I am having this issue too. USA so I have an FCC drone.....not even getting to 1 mile.

Hi there, here are some suggestions you may refer to:
1. Always position the antenna properly, the antenna of the Mavic Air 2 locates on the top of the mobile phone holder, please ensure it is pointed directly to the drone.
2. Please turn off other wireless devices during the flight in case the RC's signal is affected.
3. Stay away from electromagnetic interference such as Wi-Fi hotspots, routers, Bluetooth devices, high-voltage wires, high-voltage power transmission stations, mobile phone base stations, and TV broadcast signal towers and so on.
4. Please fly in the open areas, tall buildings, mountains, rocks, and woods may affect the aircraft's compass and GPS signals.
5. Fly higher, the signal would be better.
2020-6-20
Use props
juanpablolecarosyahoo.es
New

Chile

djiuser_2g1i0oOaKb9R Posted at 6-10 05:35
Me too!. I had a Mavic pro and the signal was by far better!! Same flying place in Chile
2020-6-20
Use props
fans7dde751c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 71749 ft
Australia

Just received MA2 tool for test flight got just over 1km and weak signal and screen blacked out losing complete signal. After paying this much money it is so disappointing. Tried different directions no obstacles clear line of sight. Same issue. Called DJI told to refresh their latest firmware on RC and Quad and then recalibrate. Tried again and same issue. Called DJI on hold for long time told I would receive shipping label via email to send back. Didn’t really want to as brand new why can’t I just take to the retailer to swap ? 8 hours since being told I would get a shipping label still waiting and will have to wait once sending back. Have read the others experience and this seems like a wider issue and the quad is not worth the price tag and the after service is dreadful. Clearly they are under pressure as the drone does not deliver what it is advertising ?? I want my money back
2020-6-22
Use props
Irtaza_1
lvl.1
Sweden

I have the exact same issue - I got my MA2 couple of days ago and it cant get past .5 km (500 meters) - signal totally lost - aircraft got disconnected and then returned home.
giving the price range of this drone - i expected it to be much more reliable and better.

Any solutions anyone ? I am going on a one month vacation in couple of days and had a plan to take this drone with me to do some photography .. but now i am having second thoughts.. very disappointed honestly.
2020-6-25
Use props
Irtaza_1
lvl.1
Sweden

Irtaza_1 Posted at 6-25 00:05
I have the exact same issue - I got my MA2 couple of days ago and it cant get past .5 km (500 meters) - signal totally lost - aircraft got disconnected and then returned home.
giving the price range of this drone - i expected it to be much more reliable and better.

I just returned my drone - will buy it from Germany instead.
2020-6-25
Use props
fans1cb5d6a3
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So after my last comment a few weeks ago, I’ve done a few tests since then:

Flying over trees with no line of sight (High interference): 500 m max
Flying over sea with no line of sight (No interference): 1.3 km max from onshore land
Flying across the beach inland with no line of sight (No interference): 2.5 km max
Flying over urban area: 1 km max.

Pointing antennas towards drone adds 300 - 700 m max at most.
I would like to see comparison tests with the Mavic Pro 2 - I have seen conflicting YouTube videos showing max 6 km for both Pro 2 and Mavic Air 2 and I have seen cases where the MA2 has exceeded the max flight distance of the MP2.

Let me know what your thoughts are and if you have done similar tests. Can’t see calibrating the drone and getting a replacement would help much, seeing that we’re all facing the same issues. It’s unlikely that you would need your drone for > 3 km but it’s disappointing seeing the Mavic Mini go further.

2020-6-26
Use props
fans1cb5d6a3
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So after my last comment a few weeks ago, I’ve done a few tests since then:

Flying over trees with no line of sight (High interference): 500 m max
Flying over sea with no line of sight (No interference): 1.3 km max from onshore land
Flying across the beach inland with no line of sight (No interference): 2.5 km max
Flying over urban area: 1 km max.

Pointing antennas towards drone adds 300 - 700 m max at most.
I would like to see comparison tests with the Mavic Pro 2 - I have seen conflicting YouTube videos showing max 6 km for both Pro 2 and Mavic Air 2 and I have seen cases where the MA2 has exceeded the max flight distance of the MP2.

Let me know what your thoughts are and if you have done similar tests. Can’t see calibrating the drone and getting a replacement would help much, seeing that we’re all facing the same issues. It’s unlikely that you would need your drone for > 3 km but it’s disappointing seeing the Mavic Mini go further.

2020-6-26
Use props
fans1cb5d6a3
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fans7dde751c Posted at 6-22 02:37
Just received MA2 tool for test flight got just over 1km and weak signal and screen blacked out losing complete signal. After paying this much money it is so disappointing. Tried different directions no obstacles clear line of sight. Same issue. Called DJI told to refresh their latest firmware on RC and Quad and then recalibrate. Tried again and same issue. Called DJI on hold for long time told I would receive shipping label via email to send back. Didn’t really want to as brand new why can’t I just take to the retailer to swap ? 8 hours since being told I would get a shipping label still waiting and will have to wait once sending back. Have read the others experience and this seems like a wider issue and the quad is not worth the price tag and the after service is dreadful. Clearly they are under pressure as the drone does not deliver what it is advertising ?? I want my money back

Please let us know if your new drone makes a difference to your transmission signal.
2020-6-26
Use props
123456Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules