38979 222 2020-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7dde751c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 71749 ft
Australia

djinate Posted at 8-9 12:36
Received Mavic Air 2 drone 3 days ago. Love it. Besides the 800m range before connection is dropped and returns to home. Ugh.

All I hope you get a solution. My solution is a refund as the product does not deliver against its claims. It’s an expensive that under delivers. Don’t waste your money.
2020-8-11
Use props
fans7dde751c
lvl.2
Australia

DATADORK Posted at 8-3 03:38
New Owner here and got mine last week. Confirmed issue on mine. Right around 400-500M is my max distance at an altitude of 100M's .. i live near a lot of communication towers. I will be testing outside of my area and report back.

- both firmwares are updated from 6.20 Release (250)

All I hope you get a solution. My solution is a refund as the product does not deliver against its claims. It’s an expensive that under delivers. Don’t waste your money.
2020-8-11
Use props
fans7dde751c
lvl.2
Australia

djiuser_fq76tA0owsp1 Posted at 8-8 22:19
I just bought the DJI drone and have have same issues with the signal strength.  I am really frustrated.

2020-8-11
Use props
fans7dde751c
lvl.2
Australia

BGDrone Posted at 8-1 18:33
Went 2218m over water. Was bouncing between 4-5 bars and started getting high wind warning.  Got spooked and flew back.  My last longest flight was 2335m before it game me low battery warnings, I had about 3 bars remaining then.  So it looks like I might be able to push it to 2 miles or 3.2km.  Not sure if I should send this back or not, its still under half its max range.  This however bring up another question.  When DJI says 10km to they mean in total, or in a strait line before signal loss is guaranteed in perfect conditions?

2020-8-11
Use props
fans7dde751c
lvl.2
Australia

flying goat Posted at 7-20 11:59
I have the same problem (weak signal pops up at 300m) and manufacturing date is 06/2020. Is it the drone or should I wait for a new firmware?

2020-8-11
Use props
fans7dde751c
lvl.2
Australia

DATADORK Posted at 8-3 03:38
New Owner here and got mine last week. Confirmed issue on mine. Right around 400-500M is my max distance at an altitude of 100M's .. i live near a lot of communication towers. I will be testing outside of my area and report back.

- both firmwares are updated from 6.20 Release (250)

2020-8-11
Use props
fans7dde751c
lvl.2
Australia

flying goat Posted at 7-20 11:59
I have the same problem (weak signal pops up at 300m) and manufacturing date is 06/2020. Is it the drone or should I wait for a new firmware?

2020-8-11
Use props
fans7dde751c
lvl.2
Australia

trice Posted at 7-20 12:16
Same problem here.  Got it last week. Weak reception at about 500m, and lost reception by 1000m.  When I called tech support, the person had no clue about this issue.  Made me refresh firmware, calibrate with DJI assist and some other things.  Didn't work.  Still having the problems.  For those that have had them replaced, did that solve it?  How do we know a replacement is going to work, or is it just hoping to get lucky?  The fact the tech support person knew nothing of this problem was not a good sign.

2020-8-11
Use props
fans7dde751c
lvl.2
Australia

shahidokuk Posted at 7-15 03:05
I wish to test it but here the temperature got increased to 45 degree Celsius and DJI syas the drone should not be operated above 40 degrees.
With all the reviews I read on different forums, I strongly suspect that there are some  design flaws with MA2. I can confirm that its not an issue caused by just the envoronment and flying condition alone because I was testing it along with my friend who own a 2 year old Mavic Pro which didnt have any issue at all.
So I am in a dilemma whether to return even the new one without opening it and wait until the dust is settled before I purchase a new one  to make sure that they have fixed it completely. Even the range of 1800m which you got on your new one seems not acceptable to me. I suggest you to test it on different locations with LOS to make sure it flys at least 3-4 kms with ideal conditions

2020-8-11
Use props
fans7dde751c
lvl.2
Australia

Brav3H3art Posted at 7-10 12:51
Hi
I was first to report this to DJI, clearly they didn't have a clue. Was asked to do all the updates etc. None of them worked. After 4 weeks they finally replaced the drone. Flew it in exactly the same places and had no issues whatsoever. It was the drone or the Controller.

2020-8-11
Use props
fans7dde751c
lvl.2
Australia

djiuser_YZTwNUVoB91a Posted at 7-11 05:11
I'm sooo glad I bought my MA2 fly more package through Amazon!!!

It's a amazing Drone, no doubt, but this Range Issue is a F****** joke.

2020-8-11
Use props
fans7dde751c
lvl.2
Australia

djiuser_YZTwNUVoB91a Posted at 7-11 05:11
I'm sooo glad I bought my MA2 fly more package through Amazon!!!

It's a amazing Drone, no doubt, but this Range Issue is a F****** joke.

2020-8-11
Use props
fans7dde751c
lvl.2
Australia

djiuser_0egmhDQdiUGe Posted at 5-20 14:30
I’ve got the same issue can only fly to the most of 650  mtrs and get weak signal

2020-8-11
Use props
fans7dde751c
lvl.2
Australia

fansbc99ce0f Posted at 5-21 00:33
Lastly I have read your flow chart but that's not the policy you have for DOI which is what I was told it was being dealt under, Your after sales policy is a separate procedure. So why have you changed the procedure ????????????

2020-8-11
Use props
fans7dde751c
lvl.2
Australia

fansbc99ce0f Posted at 6-7 02:34
Update
exactly what I said has happened. They picked the drone up more than a week ago, when I chased  UPS they said they had delivered it to Netherlands. DJI have not scanned it, its sitting in their warehouse. Until its scanned they can not even start the process. Every day ticks by without me having the item I paid over 1k. This is a brand new item its not a faulty or damaged drone that I might have had for months. Waste of time speaking to them all I get is we have escalated  you. The amount of time I have been escalated I must be sitting on Wang Tao (Frank Wang) desk and he dealing with it himself.

2020-8-11
Use props
fans7dde751c
lvl.2
Australia

djiuser_UphPZSLVHbbD Posted at 5-24 02:18
I’m having the exact same issue

I have had to email

2020-8-11
Use props
fans7dde751c
lvl.2
Australia

I’ve got the same issue can only fly to the most of 650  mtrs and get weak signal

2020-8-11
Use props
fans7dde751c
lvl.2
Australia

djiuser_2g1i0oOaKb9R Posted at 6-10 05:35
Well, I did not experience the same issues Yet but Im expecting this too. I' getting weak signal error message when I fly less than 0,5 Km.

2020-8-11
Use props
djinate
lvl.2

United States

djiuser_g878T6YT7QAA Posted at 8-10 11:32
800m? I got mine last week and I max out at 800ft (250m).
I refreshed the firmware and the range is awful.

Well, it appears to depend on the direction (and I live in the country, not alot of interference out here away from the city).

I changed the measurements to feet, and I can go out 2200 or so feet to the east, and about 900 feet to the west (I can go out to about 1500 ft west if I keep the altitude at 400ft).

I really don't want to send it back and wait 3 months to get another one though. Ugh, this sucks.

And to fans7dde751c - stop spamming the thread, you're not helping doing that.
2020-8-11
Use props
trice
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25912 ft
United States

Got my new replacement today. Same bs. Weak signal after 500m, loses signal by 1000m. I think it’s a hardware issue, not software. If you need range, buy something else.
2020-8-14
Use props
djinate
lvl.2

United States

trice Posted at 8-14 14:31
Got my new replacement today. Same bs. Weak signal after 500m, loses signal by 1000m. I think it’s a hardware issue, not software. If you need range, buy something else.

That's very disappointing
2020-8-15
Use props
djiuser_4bIRx7zB20dF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2966762 ft
Italy

fans1cb5d6a3 Posted at 6-26 12:18
Please let us know if your new drone makes a difference to your transmission signal.

hello I recently bought the Ma2, I'm having problems the signal is Bad, I hope you find a solution, I'm really disappointed and I don't know what to do
2020-8-15
Use props
djiuser_4bIRx7zB20dF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2966762 ft
Italy

fans1cb5d6a3 Posted at 6-17 02:33
I contacted DJI Support and they are advising the following method - "refresh the firmware of the remote and the drone using DJI assistant 2 via computer then kindly try to recalibrate the IMU and compass of the drone". Has anyone tried this? Does it work? Will let you all know soon.

hello, I could have info, with the update method that the dji proposed to you, update rc firmware and drone and imu calibration, you have obtained improvements.  let me know, hello and thanks for the info
2020-8-15
Use props
djiuser_TniS8sGKJBAn
New

United Kingdom

Same problem here. My mavic air 2 doesn’t travel more than 500 meters without giving me the weak sign message. I changed the type of terrain without any success. I feel very disappointed as this is my first drone. I also spent around £1000!!! I trusted this brand and it looks they have a big problem with their technology as hese drones haven’t been tested properly. Shame
2020-8-16
Use props
djiuser_TniS8sGKJBAn
New

United Kingdom

BGDrone Posted at 8-1 18:33
Went 2218m over water. Was bouncing between 4-5 bars and started getting high wind warning.  Got spooked and flew back.  My last longest flight was 2335m before it game me low battery warnings, I had about 3 bars remaining then.  So it looks like I might be able to push it to 2 miles or 3.2km.  Not sure if I should send this back or not, its still under half its max range.  This however bring up another question.  When DJI says 10km to they mean in total, or in a strait line before signal loss is guaranteed in perfect conditions?

Same question and thoughts here. I believe this is intentionally confusing for the costumers. This brand is dodgy
2020-8-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_TniS8sGKJBAn Posted at 8-16 11:17
Same problem here. My mavic air 2 doesn’t travel more than 500 meters without giving me the weak sign message. I changed the type of terrain without any success. I feel very disappointed as this is my first drone. I also spent around £1000!!! I trusted this brand and it looks they have a big problem with their technology as hese drones haven’t been tested properly. Shame

I am sorry to hear about the issue, for the transmission distance issue, please try the following steps and see if that helps to solve the issue.
1. Please first make sure that the firmware of the drone and RC and the app have been updated to the latest version.
2. Distance sometimes relates to the flight environment, please fly in open areas, keep away from the interference source e.g. base station, power lines. Besides, please try to shut down the Bluetooth devices nearby.
3. Obstacles between the drone and RC may block the signal, e.g. buildings, mountains, trees.
4. The position of the antennas makes a great effort, too. Check the position of the antennas for the remote controller. Distance should be greater than height during flight. Please make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft.

2020-8-16
Use props
djiuser_Et2c4Ej32A6Z
lvl.1
Flight distance : 63602 ft
Sweden

fans1cb5d6a3 Posted at 6-26 12:18
Please let us know if your new drone makes a difference to your transmission signal.

Hello

Ive just bought Mavi Air 2 Combo. I have lot of flight in open area. This same problem every time: RC lost Connection about 300-500 m. Firmware is already updated. Whats the issue? It must to be hardware issue, RC without antennas, looks very strange. Mabe this is the problem? Its very strange U didnt make properly antennas on RC for 1500 $ toy. Ill hope you will fix this problem because Im very dissapointed while drone used to back to home point every time…

PS. I didnt have so many RC lost Connection on Spark...
2020-8-16
Use props
trice
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 8-16 23:34
I am sorry to hear about the issue, for the transmission distance issue, please try the following steps and see if that helps to solve the issue.
1. Please first make sure that the firmware of the drone and RC and the app have been updated to the latest version.
2. Distance sometimes relates to the flight environment, please fly in open areas, keep away from the interference source e.g. base station, power lines. Besides, please try to shut down the Bluetooth devices nearby.

I have updated the drone and rc firmware.

I am flying in a generally open area.  Are there trees?  Of course there are. I hope you’re not suggesting we should only fly the drone where there are no trees. There are no buildings or mountains where I am flying it and having terrible reception.

I am holding the rc with the antennas properly positioned.

This is a TERRIBLE product.  Buyer beware.
2020-8-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

trice Posted at 8-17 05:02
I have updated the drone and rc firmware.

I am flying in a generally open area.  Are there trees?  Of course there are. I hope you’re not suggesting we should only fly the drone where there are no trees. There are no buildings or mountains where I am flying it and having terrible reception.

Sorry to hear the issue persists, could you please provide a screen recording of the transmission interface as well as the Transmission Settings (tap … > Transmission) of the flight to us to check further about the case? Thank you for your cooperation.
2020-8-18
Use props
trice
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 8-18 00:43
Sorry to hear the issue persists, could you please provide a screen recording of the transmission interface as well as the Transmission Settings (tap … > Transmission) of the flight to us to check further about the case? Thank you for your cooperation.

will do.  where do i send it?
2020-8-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

trice Posted at 8-18 08:09
will do.  where do i send it?

You may contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support and provide the detail information for further assistance, or upload the video to Dropbox or Google Drive, then share the link here with us, we'll help to check it, thanks.
2020-8-18
Use props
djiuser_kYDxkQnpAuAJ
New

South Korea

Mavic air 2 Weak rc signal in 1500feet ?
2020-8-20
Use props
InmanProduction
lvl.1

United States

So I'm having the same issue here. I recently purchased my Mavic Air 2 and I'm not getting anything above 2-3 bars of signal. As soon as it gets a couple feet up in the air it losses signal. I've tried much of what was discussed on this forum: The obvious restart, uninstall/reinstall app, used another device, and also bought a heavy duty USB-C to lightening cable and I still get the weakest signal ever. It's total unusable as even if I turn my back towards the drone I lose signal. I'm almost positive it's the controller. Since it's past 30 days I went back to where I purchased it ( I like to help my local store) and they said they'd ship it out for me to be fixed. I was really hoping to use it for work but out of the box it was a complete lemon... This isn't the first time I've had to immediately replace a drone from DJI and my last Mavic (the Mavic pro) totally went rouge and crashed itself Oh- also I purchased a phantom pro awhile ago that had gimbal stabilization issues straight out of the box and had to return that.... Not at all happy with DJI.....at all... Anyone know of their competitors? I think it's time to switch completely...
2020-8-20
Use props
filco1
New

United States

I am having the same issue at 2600 feet out. Also getting a code 180003, Downward vision sensor calibration error.
2020-8-20
Use props
trice
lvl.2
United States

InmanProduction Posted at 8-20 11:02
So I'm having the same issue here. I recently purchased my Mavic Air 2 and I'm not getting anything above 2-3 bars of signal. As soon as it gets a couple feet up in the air it losses signal. I've tried much of what was discussed on this forum: The obvious restart, uninstall/reinstall app, used another device, and also bought a heavy duty USB-C to lightening cable and I still get the weakest signal ever. It's total unusable as even if I turn my back towards the drone I lose signal. I'm almost positive it's the controller. Since it's past 30 days I went back to where I purchased it ( I like to help my local store) and they said they'd ship it out for me to be fixed. I was really hoping to use it for work but out of the box it was a complete lemon... This isn't the first time I've had to immediately replace a drone from DJI and my last Mavic (the Mavic pro) totally went rouge and crashed itself Oh- also I purchased a phantom pro awhile ago that had gimbal stabilization issues straight out of the box and had to return that.... Not at all happy with DJI.....at all... Anyone know of their competitors? I think it's time to switch completely...

How are they going to fix it when they don’t acknowledge there is a problem?!
2020-8-20
Use props
InmanProduction
lvl.1

United States

Hopefully they will just replace it or come out with a firmware update or something. I have a job tomorrow I need it at so I ended up also purchasing the Mavic Mini if the Mavic Air 2 won't work (which I guarantee it won't) then I'll send it out next week to DJI.
2020-8-21
Use props
trice
lvl.2
United States

InmanProduction Posted at 8-21 03:07
Hopefully they will just replace it or come out with a firmware update or something. I have a job tomorrow I need it at so I ended up also purchasing the Mavic Mini if the Mavic Air 2 won't work (which I guarantee it won't) then I'll send it out next week to DJI.

Doubt that will work. I just had my drone and rc replaced with a brand new one and have the same problem. DJI needs to figure out the problem and create a solution. But they are still denying there is a problem. We must all be lying.
2020-8-21
Use props
InmanProduction
lvl.1

United States

I can send them all the drone footage I've taken on my brand New Mavic Air 2 and they will see it goes up a couple feet and comes immediately back down. Not very thrilling footage but enough to prove my point. I just hope this Mavic Mini works for me tomorrow.
2020-8-21
Use props
Brav3H3art
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79941 ft
United Kingdom

InmanProduction Posted at 8-21 04:55
I can send them all the drone footage I've taken on my brand New Mavic Air 2 and they will see it goes up a couple feet and comes immediately back down. Not very thrilling footage but enough to prove my point. I just hope this Mavic Mini works for me tomorrow.

Im gutted for you, was going to suggest if you where near me that you where more than welcome to borrow my Zoom or MA2 which actually works now. But just noticed your abroad.

Don't doubt yourself they are fully aware of the problem with MA2. Shame they can't pinpoint the fix as its now been few months. They even asked me to remove the thread which shows their faulty drone. Can you believe the cheek. Anyway wish you luck

bobby
2020-8-21
Use props
Zaid Almaani
New

United States

I almost lost my Mavic Air 2 just after 500m, signal lost and i couldn't get to control it anymore i freaked out, ran to the roof a few moments later i got a weak signal back slowly to control it to RTH.. But what if u had no roof close by? What if u freakout you don't know what to do.. I'm pretty sure I'll lose it. So fake advertising about the long trips or highest and etc.. Not recommended.
2020-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules