Mavic Air 2 (weak signal)
38922 222 2020-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_AZhk6wqHHJlO
New

New Zealand

JohnLietzke Posted at 2020-12-10 12:48
I have found that where you fly has a tremendous impact on distance before a signal disconnect.  

Two things I have found that work to get much better range is to fly from elevated position, like on a hill, at the top of a parking structure or building.  It is important to keep in mind when doing this that height DJI Fly app shows is not the drone's actual accurate height to the ground.  You must subtract the elevation height from the actual height that the DJI Fly app is displaying.  Also the orientation of the controllers fixed antenna to the drone have a significant impact on signal.  Keeping the controller aligned with the drone helps when flying at greater distances or in dense WiFi areas.

With the issue being so widespread and the drone being so sensitive to needing to be launched from a raised height like off of a fairly tall building or hill, that is still a hardware flaw when they are advertising the drone as having a 10km flight distance.

Your comment is not helpful.
2021-1-1
Use props
djiuser_AZhk6wqHHJlO
New

New Zealand

JohnLietzke Posted at 2020-12-10 12:48
I have found that where you fly has a tremendous impact on distance before a signal disconnect.  

Two things I have found that work to get much better range is to fly from elevated position, like on a hill, at the top of a parking structure or building.  It is important to keep in mind when doing this that height DJI Fly app shows is not the drone's actual accurate height to the ground.  You must subtract the elevation height from the actual height that the DJI Fly app is displaying.  Also the orientation of the controllers fixed antenna to the drone have a significant impact on signal.  Keeping the controller aligned with the drone helps when flying at greater distances or in dense WiFi areas.

With the issue being so widespread and the drone being so sensitive to needing to be launched from a raised height like off of a fairly tall building or hill, that is still a hardware flaw when they are advertising the drone as having a 10km flight distance.

2021-1-1
Use props
djiuser_AZhk6wqHHJlO
New

New Zealand

I have the same issue where the drone is not able to exceed ~700 meters distance without signal disruption and RTH being intiatied.

Furthest I've been able to fly the drone (with repeated "weak signal" warnings) was 1300 meters.

It sounds like the exact problem many on this forum are facing.  

What should I do, DJI?
2021-1-1
Use props
djiuser_3REcMnR8WVf3
New

United States

Same issue here... appears that 2021 is not a new year after all...
2021-1-12
Use props
Mbetti
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51086 ft
United States

My 2 month old MA2 and it’s replacement I just got back today is no different at those distances. Not impressed, blaming my geography but maybe more to this!
2021-1-12
Use props
djiuser_A8JOTR1fSRaj
New

Latvia

Hello  everyone,same issue,brand new drone bought 2 days ago,tested and it would not fly for more than 1km away totally max,sometimes signal get lost even couple hundreds meters,whats the best way to resolve this? It onky works in straight line with no buildings,i tried to fly around my house and video starts to lag when drone is on other side,tho its just ordinary 2 story 120m2 house and i could hear drone on the other side,but vid lags and weak signal appears,500m+ i got warnings no signal and drone autoreturn even,just scared  to loose it if something happens.
2021-2-17
Use props
ivanoszka
lvl.1

Poland

hi! after last update i reach 3000m with no lost signal issue (lakeside), before on same place 1500m and get RH.
2021-3-10
Use props
Blellow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

I fly far sometimes, but other times not so far in the same place, same day, same drone.  There are more variables here at play in the cosmic ether then they care to share.  It could be planetary interference on the y axis *7.
2021-3-10
Use props
Runningman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2540919 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_AZhk6wqHHJlO Posted at 1-1 23:24

honestly from a stranger dont waste your time with the mavic air 2 i went from mavic pro to mavic air 2 worst choice  i made via drones the signal is bad on the air 2 loses signal even on fields at 1000 metres max  so on that bases  i returned and replaced  it because i thought it was a faulty drone the second 1 was the same very weak signal  this drone only gives you good distance at very high (illegal height ) and to be honest even that isnt a good distance the mavic  pro can get you 4 miles out at 40 metres height in the correct enviroment
the only good benfit of the mavic air 2 is the camera other than that it has the same range as a spark off paper

i went back to mavic pro
2021-3-20
Use props
djiuser_UA9cNmSXv8p5
lvl.1

United States

fansbc99ce0f Posted at 2020-5-22 06:30
But I don't understand how my Mavic Mini ,which has inferior technology can fly further than my Mavic Air2  ( which DJI states " The Mavic Air 2 has a video transmission range of 10 km " ) I would settle for half,not a stingy 0.5km. understandably my Mavic Pro Zoom has no problem reaching its distance, but again the technology must be superior due to it being a top the end spec. even my old Phantom Pro has no problem surpassing the MA2. Has anyone else had the same problem ????????????

I had a Mini 1. Loved it. Made it to 8000 ft 1 time and felt itbwas its max due to the glitchy video connection. I wanted an upgrade so finally pulled the trigger and dropped a grand on a new Mavic Air 2.
I launched from the same spot...roof of my house...and flew the same route i usually did. Brought it home and popped the next battery in and decided to try a distance run.

Now at 5000 ft the video started glitching and froze. Took about 30 seconds before the video snapped back and the drone was already on its way home.

Now I absolutely love this thing. But for paying that much money for an upgrade that is supposed to be newer, better, improved....I was not impressed at all whatsoever with the range.

I tried a second time with Yagi range extenders and still the same weak signal and unimpressive range.

I cant return it now, and feel i am stuck with a bigger version of the Mini 1 with less capability as far as range.
I regret my purchase even though i love flying it.
2021-4-1
Use props
djiuser_UA9cNmSXv8p5
lvl.1

United States

fans1cb5d6a3 Posted at 2020-6-17 02:33
I contacted DJI Support and they are advising the following method - "refresh the firmware of the remote and the drone using DJI assistant 2 via computer then kindly try to recalibrate the IMU and compass of the drone". Has anyone tried this? Does it work? Will let you all know soon.

I have also tried this and it made no difference.  Flys great, but the range is total garbage.
2021-4-1
Use props
ny300z
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2603478 ft
United States

same issue here just going to add it to the list of things that disappointed me with the Air 2. I had the Mavic Pro for 5 years and loved it! I thought i was slightly upgrading but apparently it was a big downgrade. Wish I was able to return it.
2021-4-3
Use props
Lapland Ice
New

Finland

djiuser_0egmhDQdiUGe Posted at 2020-5-20 14:30
I’ve got the same issue can only fly to the most of 650  mtrs and get weak signal

Same here but i am sure drone its fine.a blame updates.i am sure they do something air2 range settings.
2021-5-1
Use props
djiuser_PQ1ZpChDMY2b
New
Flight distance : 638192 ft
Australia

Hi there mate I bought mavic air 2 from jb hifi in australia did the same thing once it hits 600 meters looses  signal my mavic pro did better  same place same suburb were I fly I'll do up to 6km with no problem also my mates mavic mini flys better than mine I went back to jbhifi  for warranty paying 1800 bucks is really ... to no u have a faulty drone and I no its faulty they should give us a new 1 not to repair and wait for agers to get it back they should give us a new 1 if its faulty were paying 1800 $$$ for dodge drone I'm very upset dji give us a new drone u guys have been very hopeless over the phone to and i cant understand few of your employees  
2021-5-8
Use props
djiuser_PQ1ZpChDMY2b
New
Australia

False advertisement that's all
2021-5-8
Use props
djiuser_PQ1ZpChDMY2b
New
Australia

djiuser_UA9cNmSXv8p5 Posted at 4-1 20:22
I have also tried this and it made no difference.  Flys great, but the range is total garbage.

Dosnt work mate full of garbage  did done it and u shouldnt even have to its faulty issues  with air 2 they wont admit  it
2021-5-8
Use props
Matite
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61096 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_PQ1ZpChDMY2b Posted at 5-8 13:34
Hi there mate I bought mavic air 2 from jb hifi in australia did the same thing once it hits 600 meters looses  signal my mavic pro did better  same place same suburb were I fly I'll do up to 6km with no problem also my mates mavic mini flys better than mine I went back to jbhifi  for warranty paying 1800 bucks is really ... to no u have a faulty drone and I no its faulty they should give us a new 1 not to repair and wait for agers to get it back they should give us a new 1 if its faulty were paying 1800 $$$ for dodge drone I'm very upset dji give us a new drone u guys have been very hopeless over the phone to and i cant understand few of your employees

I purchased my Mavic Air 2 from Harvey Norman in Australia about a month ago and the range is great.

Personally I have no issue reaching the maximum LEGAL range in Australia of 1 km. I am not sure if you realize but CASA (Civil Aviation Safety Authority) specifies you must have visual line of sight at all times. Not sure why you are flying your drone up to 6 km away in a populated area ("suburb") and posting that fact on a public forum.

Anyway, seems like you must either have a dud or have a lot of interference as you mentioned flying it in a "suburb". By the way, CASA says you are not legally allowed to fly in a "populated" area and that includes flying over peoples backyards here in Australia.

https://www.casa.gov.au/knowyourdrone/drone-rules
https://www.casa.gov.au/flying-near-emergencies-and-public-spaces

2021-5-9
Use props
djiuser_4q6ihOy1ZSR7
New

United States

fansbc99ce0f Posted at 2020-5-24 02:29
The thing I don't get is  "The drone will need to be evaluated first and our team will check whether the problem persists and whether it complies with the replacement policy."  How long does it take to evaluate could be days, weeks. I paid 1k for a new drone not one that's been taken apart and evaluated, love DJI products but my lover affair with DJI aftercare is finished. Looks like its  Currys from now on. I wonder how many other people are having the same issue.

I am too it’s felling like a flying turd my mini 1 and 2 fly with out problem and there fpv is crap too mine crashed and didn’t respond to the button to make it stop what it was doing and now won’t turn on fml
2021-5-22
Use props
doglaboi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 766234 ft

Suriname

In urban area I was able to go 1300m before feed started cutting out. I haven't been able to test distance in rural area yet since it's been raining a lot here lately.
2021-5-23
Use props
jonahtan
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Same problem on my side.
When I bought the Mavis air 2 the reception was rock solid never lost transmission at  4K+, since last month  the transmission keep dropping  randomly and can’t go more than 1km over the sea without loosing the transmission.
I’m suspecting  an antenna connector when loose…
2021-7-8
Use props
djiuser_CVatKI9cPrUX
New

Sri Lanka

Guys i bought MA2 last December and Drone is awesome i was able to fly around 2000M without any issues
A strange thing happened yesterday
when i try to fly signal drops at 25M and RTH initiated
The drone is at auto mode and transmission is 5,8Ghz

when i try to fly manual with 2.4Ghz it went around 100M then again signal loss and RTH initiated
I am contacting DJI for the issue
Hope they will fix it
I do not have any physical damage this happened suddenly
Any one exp this kind of thing
2021-8-4
Use props
djiuser_lNoYlvl3NmGM
New

Israel

But I don't understand how my Mavic Mini ,which has inferior technology can fly further than my Mavic Air2  ( which DJI states " The Mavic Air 2 has a video transmission range of 10 km " ) I would settle for half,not a stingy 0.5km. understandably my Mavic Pro Zoom has no problem reaching its distance, but again the technology must be superior due to it being a top the end spec. even my old Phantom Pro has no problem surpassing the MA2. Has anyone else had the same problem ????????????

I have the same problem to
2021-9-8
Use props
djiuser_51lqsKhhIJHn
New

Australia

Currently going threw the same hassle.. 500-700 max… only a month old, never could get past 700 but thought was my setup or something I was doing wrong but unfortunately not! Did you get yours replaced and how long were you without the drone and controller?
2021-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules